Ignorance and Bigotry : Swingers Discussion 455151011
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumIgnorance and Bigotry
TOPIC: Ignorance and Bigotry
GoTo Page: 1 2
Start   11 to 11 of 11 
User Details are only visible to members.
Since several times recently someone has taken me to task for my use of these words I felt I'd start with some definitions:

ig·no·rant ( P ) Pronunciation Key (gnr-nt) adj. 1. Lacking education or knowledge. 2. Showing or arising from a lack of education or knowledge: an ignorant mistake. 3. Unaware or uninformed.

big·ot ( P ) Pronunciation Key (bgt) n. One who is strongly partial to one's own group, religion, race, or politics and is intolerant of those who differ.

And yes, although I cannot site a specific example, I'm sure I've been guilty of both more than once in my life. So I am not trying to get on my high horse but I can honestly say I've never done it deliberately. I sat on the phone with a good friend yesterday for an extended period of time. For the second day in a row, I listened to this very strong lady cry over bigotry and ignorance. I've had those occassions periodically in my life as well. A bit later, someone whom I do believe regrets some of his statements, but who does have the balls to leave them intact, said it wasn't like anyone was feeding any particular race through a wood chipper. It does not take genocide or hate crimes to cause damage through ignorance and bigotry. Subtle occurances, yes even words, can hurt too.

Ironically, the most ignorant bigots I personally know happen to be my own parents. My mother IS a minority and yet I sit agape as all my life I've heard charming words like jig, kike, dot head, chink, rag head, etc, etc come out of her mouth. In my heart I know my mother is a decent person who is very ignorant. But when I hear it, it causes as much hurt and shame as the names I've been called. There are so many forms of hurt caused by many levels of this behavior. It's not okay. We should always strive to do better. L *halfbreed, squaw, trailer trash*

Saint Augustine FL
Username hidden
(12560 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
Start   11 to 11 of 11 
TOPIC: Ignorance and Bigotry