Ignorance and Bigotry : Swingers Discussion 45515101
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumIgnorance and Bigotry
TOPIC: Ignorance and Bigotry
Created by: BacchusnLadywife
Original Starting post for this thread:
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 11   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Getting old sucks! (He says, massaging his aching hip joint)

But it sure does beat the alternative!

South Riding VA

Username hidden
(8172 posts)
I'm happier at 34 than I have ever been, but if I could be 17 again I'd run out of this room so fast it would draw a vacuum.

Sugar Land TX

Username hidden
(771 posts)
Youth is a gift of nature.... Middle age is a work of art. L <Really doesn't want to be 19 again but I'd give anything for my 19 year old body to return. That and it would be nice to have that much more years in front of me.>

Saint Augustine FL

Username hidden
(12558 posts)
Bonobos! Think bonobos!!!

South Riding VA

Username hidden
(8172 posts)
Leave it to a stuffy old fart like Terry to complain about this!!! ;)

just KIDDING, T! LOL

-m (on the verge of being in the aforementioned demographic myself)

Clarks Summit PA

Username hidden
(132 posts)
wonder if we would stop prejudging and prequalifying people if that would be a great way to start to rid bigotry and racism.Then to get rid of class qualifications.what would we do with the upscale swingers? WEG lets bind ,blindfold them and take turns !!!!

Sarasota FL

Username hidden
(2069 posts)
My family come from deep in the mountains of west virginia.

My momma was the most prejudist person I ever knew. Until right before she passed away. two months ago. I was never predjudice based on color. I do not know how since it was extreme in my family.

I always hoped I am bring my children up right. Putting those blinders over their eyes.

I recently had my daughter turn 14 and let he have her first boy/girl party. We were very pleased to see every shape, color and kind. She has a very diverse group of friends from blue haired pierced kids. to the best of dressed.

It is a nice realization when you see what you hoope to teach your child actually works.

We have all grown in the past few decades and continue to. Eventually maybe it will be gone everywhere. One can only hope.

Bridgeport PA

Username hidden
(12773 posts)
Not until the last few years did I understand why my parents, and my paternal grandparents and great grandmother, were such racist bigots. They were born & raised in Indiana in the late 19th century & early 20th century. Little did I know until recently that during that time the national headquarters for the Ku Kux Klan was in Indiana! And Indiana had more Klan members than any other state! I never knew that until just a few years ago.

My dad actually recognized that he was a clone of Archie Bunker. I knew that, of course, but was surprised that he saw himself in Archie. My mother taught us that racism is bad, but she herself was very race-conscious without even realizing it. For example, when watching an Orlando Magic game with them on TV one evening, she was focused on how many WHITE GUYS were on each team!

Mrs. Valovers was raised in a racist home, too, only in the St. Lawrence Valley of New York State. Racism wasn't - and isn't - just a regional thing.

Mrs. Valovers and I each have just one child from our 1st marriages. One of the things we are most proud of is that neither of our children has an ounce of racism in their entire bodies. We broke that chain.

Maybe the one thing we can all do that will have more impact on quelling racism in this country is to express our outrage about it and make sure that our children do not grow up with racist attitudes.

Now if I can just get my father and brothers to quit being racist about Arabs and Hispanics. Sigh.

South Riding VA

Username hidden
(8172 posts)
Perfect...no I don't think it would be bigotry. Just a very large kettle calling a very small pot blackand seizing an opportunity to gain control of Gitmo (Suck up to world opinion). But you already knew that.

Saint Augustine FL

Username hidden
(12558 posts)
And now....Deep Thoughts by Jack Handy.

I have no idea what specifically you are talking about or what forums brought this on so I guess I'm speaking out of ignorance somewhat. Several times in my life I have lost sight of the person I know I am because I got to focused on the person others thought I am.

Sugar Land TX

Username hidden
(771 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 11   End
TOPIC: Ignorance and Bigotry