I love my music; ain't never gonna change my tune : Swingers Discussion 196379101
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumI love my music; ain't never gonna change my tune
TOPIC: I love my music; ain't never gonna change my tune
Created by: peghey19
Original Starting post for this thread:
I enjoy music so much. Every day I discover an artist or tune that I have never heard before, rediscover a song from the past, or listen to a favorite that I have heard a thousand times. Each one is a jewel. Because the song may not be indicative of my current mood, and because I will not post in the other music thread, I have created this one. Please share the music that has touched your heart, just made you shake your ass, or is burned into your soul.

List a tune or artist - write a story - share your music with the rest of us.

GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 320   End
User Details are only visible to members.
I remember when BigStorm posted in the song thread:

"Mustang Sally--That Guy Who Sings It"

And I do look forward to our Mustang Sally swing dance, Peg! Bububububububye!

Gibsonia PA
Username hidden
(6739 posts)
Hey, Miss Peg...you got my attention with Bonnie. Just listened to this on YouTube:

You ~~ BR

Kat

Username hidden
(1164 posts)
Watching Bonnie Raitt on a PBS special. I have loved her since college and have seen her so many times. She is so tiny but she plays the shit out of that slide guitar.

Love Me Like A Man, which was actually written by Chris Smither another great but not very well known singer songwriter, who does a kickass version of Memphis in the Meantime.

Ocean City NJ
Username hidden
(4892 posts)
Peg, if there's a chance to "swing" with you, I won't be late!!! ;^)

It's kind of interesting that the west coast swing dance is evolving to be a faster dance.

Popular music changed from disco and rockabilly (good for hustle, jitterbug, lindy hop) to slower songs. West cost swing started as a slow, slinky, sexy dance to the blues and songs like Mustang Sally, George Thorogood's Bad To The Bone, Prince's song Kiss, and the acoustic version of Eric Clapton's song Layla.

The dance that M pointed out that was on So You Think You Can Dance, represents a new version of west coast swing that is very fast.

I have not been dancing long enough to be "old school" on this subject, but if the song is faster I would choose do a different dance like quickstep.

Gibsonia PA
Username hidden
(6739 posts)
Mini - bump

I have the MC blues station on the TV while working; there are so many artist about whom I completely forget until I put on this station.

There is nothing that gets my hips moving or gets me as horny as the blues, and I am hoping to be able to hear some great live blues at the end of the month. Dancing to live blues is my idea of pure joy.

Mr. Leeza - are we ever going to get to dance our "Mustang Sally"?

Theodis Ealey - Slow Grindin - currently playing

Ocean City NJ
Username hidden
(4892 posts)
I barely have a dumb TV.

Cincinnati OH
Username hidden
(3867 posts)
If you have a smart TV it should be able to sync with your Iphone.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19237 posts)
"I'd like to get magic speakers in every room of the house that would grab the station from my iPhone when I walk into the room."

They actually have wireless speakers that do that now. I don't remember the name of the company, as I am an Apple hater and didn't pay that much attention. :)

I just started using Pandora. I love it!

Gainesville FL
Username hidden
(1862 posts)
Pandora is my constant companion. I'd like to get magic speakers in every room of the house that would grab the station from my iPhone when I walk into the room. It is theoretically possible but wiring ancient homes for space age technology is tricky.

Cincinnati OH
Username hidden
(3867 posts)
I listen to Pandora.

Allenhurst NJ
Username hidden
(16378 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 320   End
TOPIC: I love my music; ain't never gonna change my tune