Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Open Forum I've been a bad mama!
TOPIC: I've been a bad mama!
Created by: Seduction4Two
Original Starting post for this thread:
Come on, fess up, we wont hold it against you. I know that we all want people to think that we're model parents, we never leave our brethren in the car, we never let them go to the bathroom by themselves, we've all child proofed our homes from the crumb catchers, heck, we never let them cry... blah blah blah...

Ok, now that all that pc bullshit is done with, how have you been a bad parent. Examples, please.

btw - This stems from listening to the morning radio show yesterday.. the hosts were talking about this, there were some nutty callers, with pretty crazy stories.

GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5
 1 to 10 of 49   End
User Details are only visible to members.
I have a tendency to vacillate between too slack and too over-protective. I have a hard time balancing between the two. I think I have the right ideas, just not great at turning theory into practice. Hey, we're all winging it, mostly, anyway, and thank goodness we're graded on the curve!

Mcallen TX
Username hidden
(10732 posts)
my sister was a helicopter parent. Her daughter pissed away a scholarship to temple university because she was used to her mom running her life.

Louisville KY
Username hidden
(17877 posts)
KD, I just got around to reading this thread for the first time in over 3 weeks, so my apologies for the delayed response.

You asked about helicopter parenting and whether it was any worse or better these days. I hadn't even heard the term until a few years ago, when NPR had a report on helicopter parents who actually go on job interviews with their children who have just graduated college or even have their Masters' degree. I can never understand, much less condone, such over-protective behavior on the part of those parents.

Sheboygan Falls WI
Username hidden
(9271 posts)
Yeah, not talking about mild swearing or accidental slip ups. Was more of an indictment on the people who like to drop multiple f bombs in the same sentence in front of their kids, and especially people who direct it towards their kids.

T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3207 posts)
lol when I was pregnant with child 2 we were going to a family reunion to celebrate my great aunts 85th b'day. As we are getting in the car to leave I was putting our 1.5 year old daughter in the car, bending over. Trooper says damn woman you have a fine ass! So what does our daughter start saying? all the way to WV "fine ass, fine ass" I looked at him and told him if she doesn't stop that before we get there, I'm not rescuing him from the tongue lashing he is going to get from all the Italian Aunties.

Louisville KY
Username hidden
(17877 posts)
Yeah, I have to own that one, too: I can be quite the "potty mouth" at times. I've paid for my sins, though: everyone at the Baptist church where my babysitter also works has heard my younger son back when he was three exclaim, "You a JACKASS, {my older son's name}" because he heard me yell it at the driver that cut me off once time.

Mcallen TX
Username hidden
(10732 posts)
my 3 yr. old granddaughter has told me several times "thats a bad word mom mom"

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(2144 posts)
I am the same way, cincy. I teach mine they are adult words. Unfortunately, he picked up they are bad words from somewhere. Now he preaches at me. :/

Carrie

Corpus Christi TX
Username hidden
(18044 posts)
We teach our kids that curse are just words. They need to know when and where it is appropriate to use them. They hear them at home with some regularity.

Cincinnati OH
Username hidden
(4063 posts)
I've a potty mouth in certain scenarios. But like you, we don't use such language at home, or around our children. Not because it's forbidden, or wrong. We just feel that it's unnecessary.

Rumson NJ
Username hidden
(17246 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5
 1 to 10 of 49   End
TOPIC: I've been a bad mama!