Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Open Forum I'm so old I
TOPIC: I'm so old I
Created by: Nkenswing
Original Starting post for this thread:
actually dialed a rotary phone before, while watching a black and white tv with rabbit ears.

GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 548   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Many fond memories in this thread! :)

I'll add one . . . "girls" still had to wear dresses/skirts to HS . . . and skirts usually covered up STOCKINGS!!!!!!! The absolute height of titilation during an otherwise routine and boring school day was catching a skirt accidentally "hiking up" enough to reveal the dark band at the top of a pair of stockings!!

WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (for a 15 yo boy at least)

Fort Worth TX
Username hidden
(26 posts)
ISOI remember when playgrounds had fun things on them.

Wasn't dropping your friend on their ass from 10 feet in the air via teeter-totter fun????

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(21535 posts)
I remember I was at a babysitting gig, kids were asleep, and I stumbled across this funny, crazy, ridiculous show on NBC where Paul Simon was the musical guest. And muppets. I thought, "this is great, Ihope it stays on for longer than a few shows".

Ocean City NJ
Username hidden
(5428 posts)
Oh god the left handed thing has so messed up my handwriting and spelling...the idiots..errrr teachers tied my left hand behind my back.....i still to this day hate writing.

Ukiah CA
Username hidden
(1212 posts)
We might have been one of the last districts to have full-on religion in our public school. The Lord's Prayer was mandatory until 1988.

I wasn't allowed to be left-handed until grade 4.

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(21535 posts)
I don't recall that I ever got smacked in school, but there was one kid who put a towel in the back of his pants, and another who wore a hard hat one day. The hard hat was not part of the uniform so he had to leave that on the coat rack. That was for defense against Sr. Yardstick who would smack you on top of the head with the yardstick she carried.

Personally I think the pointer hitting the desk made a terrifying enough sound to make any God fearing (and bruise fearing) kid behave.

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(4482 posts)
ISOI remember dittos and mimeos. i even ran the ditto machine a few times for my teachers--all the better to sniff the fresh dittos hot off the presses.

ISOI know what "ditto" means in conversation because of childhood ditto experiences.

and good, i remember washing the chalkboard and clapping the erasers.

though i was fortunate not to encounter either example of corporal punishment in my school days, ISOI remember when it was not only allowed but also encouraged.

Manville NJ
Username hidden
(4194 posts)
I recall mimeographs, but not sure if that is the same thing. The paper had a "funny" feel to it and I recall the smell being similar ammonia.

I hated touching that paper, you couldn't write on it very well, and I hated the smell.

ISOI remember washing the blackboard and clapping the erasers for Sr. Bloodyknuckles. So named because of what she did to the kids who didn't behave.

She and Sr. Smackswithpointer were feared by everyone; including the parish priest.

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(4482 posts)
ISOI remember entire classrooms huffing solvent from the dittos the teacher handed out to the class.

"Take one pass it back..." One advantage of being in the front row was taking a strong whiff from the whole hot stack of fresh dittos.

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(21535 posts)
@ SA. Yep, spelling was correct for Estes. Dayum, we only used those Estes rocket engines on model rockets. I still remember the first one I launched- I was thinking it would rise slowly like the rockets I had seen on TV.

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(4482 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 548   End
TOPIC: I'm so old I