Hunting-Fishing and Conservation : Swingers Discussion 46512
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumHunting-Fishing and Conservation
TOPIC: Hunting-Fishing and Conservation
Created by: CuriousNew The original post for this thread was deleted.
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5
 1 to 10 of 48   End
User Details are only visible to members.
SandJ are you sure that shouldn't be w/ "our consent"? LMAO! Sry couldn't help my self! "G"

Willow Grove PA

Username hidden
(4668 posts)
"Exactly. Our conceit is thinking the entire natural world bows to our genius. WRONG"

NO, the natural world only suffers from our conceit and it does NOT bow to anything. Think Tsunami. When everyone understands that concept, THEN and only then will we be able to address conservation as it should be addressed - as an everyday goal that each and everyone of us needs to commit to. This entire thread argued about hunters and conservation when in reality, every single one of us could pay our hunting license fees and the use of our generally unconserved natural resources would still continue. You see, the "conservation" you are arguing about is such a tiny little piece of the pie.

I stopped reading this thread about a week ago because the arguments were generalizations - and they also did not hit upon the fact that, with OUR PERMISSION, the earth is becoming more and more damaged at an alarming rate.

Let's get out of our little circle of ignorance here and admit that ANY contribution to organized conservation is good, that each one of us is responsible for what happens to this earth, and that arguments over semantics and generalizations do not solve anything except the ego-soothing needs of the arguer.

Cambridge VT

Username hidden
(6291 posts)
I was a hunter, I grew up with hunters and a Dad that was a game warden. There ARE no unintended consequences in nature and wildlife...only those consequences that we humans are too stupid to anticipate. The bear damage was not only predictable, but also why people just shouldn't feed them. "What does a 500 pound canary eat, anything he wants" also applies to 300 (or more) pound bears.

I raised Raccoons in my teens as a business and sold them to children's zoos - it was a great way for me to understand wild animals up close and personal. If you give a child a treat, then say no to a second, the child will normally accept it. They may want more, but they aren't going to break the kitchen cupboard door to get another treat. If you give a sweet treat to a raccoon, they may, can, and will tear the screen door off your house to try and get more. If folks would stop applying "human personality traits" to animals, there wouldn't be any bear damage - and yes, I know its adorable when a bear eats out of a pan you placed the leftover cat food in - but wait until the bear decides that the big box you live in might contain something even better. Sorry folks, that turned into a rant - but my last thought is that Hunting, Fishing, and Conservation should go hand in hand with a little common sense thrown in for good measure.

Cambridge VT

Username hidden
(6291 posts)
Curious

One "positive point" I was blessed with seeing.......

An ardent anti hunting, tree hugging, "don't be hurting Bambi" type couple near us were very vocal and instumental in banning trapping of beaver and using dogs to hunt bear in our state.

3 years later half their property was flooded, and their house sustained major damage from a bear they had been feeding in their backyard as he got at their garbage.

I wouldn't wish this on anyone, but the poetic justice is just too good to ignore.

John (evironmentalist with a realist streak)

Adams MA

Username hidden
(211 posts)
The earth is full of predators and prey, what makes you think that the government should control conservation as we know it? I agree we do not want to eliminate a species so if their is man there must be a restriction but is this system we have in place really broken?

Brownwood TX

Username hidden
(11437 posts)
way cool, I will load my "Caulk" gun then! ;)~

Brownwood TX

Username hidden
(11437 posts)
Mrs. E, I could provide the caulk if you wish? ;)

Brownwood TX

Username hidden
(11437 posts)
"I should have said

HOLY OFF-TOPIC POST!!"

You forgot the Ker-plunk! LOL

(the jocker huh...)

MUHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! "pppphhhhhhhhhssssstttt!"

Brownwood TX

Username hidden
(11437 posts)
So your new name is "Batman" now huh Perfect?

God I would like to see Mrs. Perfect in a bat woman suit!

Brownwood TX

Username hidden
(11437 posts)
So Perfect, you're getting rid of the bats in your Belfry?

Sorry, had to ask.

Ted

Evansville IN

Username hidden
(961 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5
 1 to 10 of 48   End
TOPIC: Hunting-Fishing and Conservation