Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Open Forum › How do YOU screen
TOPIC: How_do_YOU_screen
Created by: Phideaux
Original Starting post for this thread:
Just a general question. Is it more on the basis of age, weight, race, looks, how the other couple comes across in their profile, or a combination of all these factors.

My wife screens more on the basis of looks and weight. Now before you get on your soap box about that last sentence let me clarify. She prefers a woman that is not "skinny" that is her choice and I respect it. It does seem like most of the couples we are attracted to have an (HWP) listing on their profile whether their pictures show them to be or not. Once again it is your choice and we respect that. I happen to be HWP but my wife does not consider herself to be. I guess any woman that has been through two C-sections and has stretch marks might feel a little self conscious. I some cultures a woman that is like my wife is the most desirable. I think she is beautiful, but she's not trying to impress me.

Personally I like to see a well written profile. If you misspell every other word or can't seem to make a sentence then we won't even make it through dinner. Conversation is how you break the ice. My Dad taught me to never go where I'm not invited. So come on folks proofread. Being the age that we are we can forgive some in the "few extra pounds" or "accumulated drama" areas. Ideally we all should. Everyone (including us) advertises for a couple with no drama. Anyone that has or is raising kids will have a certain amount of drama.

However it does grieve me to see the number of younger couples here that restrict their parameters to the point only meeting other young, skinny couples. I applaud those of you that are not this way. There is something to the expression that "experience is the best teacher" no kidding folks. We aren't hung up on dating younger people. I guess what I'm struggling to get across is that old dogs can teach you new tricks. S & J

1  2  Next »
1 to 10 of 11
User Details are only visible to members.
we agree with your wife. We go on looks, it has to be a physical attraction. Its all about the physical attraction. If your not physically attracted it really does not matter if you have a mental connection or not. If it was about more then physical attraction how would you explain all the preferences we all have. How do you explain all those who meet but never have sex.How do you explain those who hit it off ,while meeting for dirnks dinner or whatever bt never go any farther.If there is no physical attraction you are not going there.Granted if there is no communication between couples nothing is going to happen. I will say that most will meet people and have an open dialogue,enjoy the evening of chat and dining.Obviously there is a mental connection when that happens.This however does not insure that there will be sex or a physical attraction.

Sarasota FL
Username hidden
(2069 posts)
We screen on age (Boss is attracted to younger guys. I'm an example of that), pics (If we can't see a face pic, that closes the door), and attractiveness. As much of a cop out as it sounds like, we'll what we're attracted to when we see it. If one of us isn't attracted to someone, then neither one of us is doing anything.

Chameleon

Marietta GA
Username hidden
(1420 posts)
Yeah, but the therapy exercises only require about an hour and a half a day.

And guess what? I haven't used a cane since Friday and am walking with only a slight limp. I guess the therapy IS helping.

Now back to your regularly scheduled program "How do YOU screen?"

Jim

Culpeper VA
Username hidden
(8172 posts)
Huh???

Culpeper VA
Username hidden
(8172 posts)
You just gotta love a couple who keeps their faces in their privates!

Jim :-)

Culpeper VA
Username hidden
(8172 posts)
We do have face pics. but they are in our private pics. You know the old story, small town, all my family is here, and if we were made public it would mean both our jobs.

Fayetteville GA
Username hidden
(31 posts)
We screen initially according to their looks.... do we find them attractive. Then what they have in their profile may influence us as much as 20%. Since we don't go on "dates" with people I don't have to know their intelligence level since we don't get cornered for hours having to talk. So, ours is pure sinful, lustful and shallow physical attraction factor.

Gresham OR
Username hidden
(8698 posts)
" I won't set back while someone tries to be the alpha."

I guess you don't like sloppy seconds, huh? ROFL

Jim

Culpeper VA
Username hidden
(8172 posts)
I won't consider a couple if it's only pictures of her, which happens too many times. Or ones where there is the dominance dilemna. I won't set back while someone tries to be the alpha. Won't happen!

Delton MI
Username hidden
(4364 posts)
We don't care much how long a couple has been on this site or whether or not they have been certified.

We DO care about age to some extent - they can't be as young as our kids or we just don't feel right about it, and they can't be so old they're in a nursing home or restricted to using a walker. Otherwise, age doesn't matter if they have attractive faces, are intelligent, and have fun personalities. They also need to have somewhat outgoing personalities - there's nothing worse than meeting a couple and discovering that getting conversation out of them beyond the occasional grunt or one-word response is like pulling teeth.

That's also why we like to see a profile that goes beyond bare bones and actually says something about the people. And we like to exchange at least a couple of emails that help us learn about each other prior to agreeing to meet. People who are curt or very brief in their emails raise a red flag to us. If they are "holding their cards close to the vest," then we aren't going to take the time to get to know them. Be upfront and forthcoming about yourself.

Otherwise, Mrs. Valovers just is not attracted to thin men. She likes husky guys in the 5'10" and taller range. That doesn't mean she likes big OBESE guys, but she definitely likes guys with broad chests & shoulders. The typical runner or swimmer body type is not her cup of tea.

I personally am not particular about body types, except I'm not attracted to big heavy women. I actually PREFER women who have some meat on their bones over the rail thin women, although thinness alone is not a turnoff. I guess I just like a woman who feels SOFT rather than a hard body or one that is just skin & bones.

So, INTELLIGENCE, a friendly outgoing PERSONALITY, the ability to carry a conversation, an openness about themselves, a nice face, a medium-ish body, the ability to speak and write the English language without fracturing it (actual sentences and with good grammar), and (as mentioned in another thread) good TEETH (and overall hygiene) will make a couple we probably will enjoy.

We can usually screen out people very early by reading profiles and from their emails.

Jim

Culpeper VA
Username hidden
(8172 posts)
1  2  Next »
1 to 10 of 11
TOPIC: How do YOU screen
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.