How do I respond : Swingers Discussion 423041011
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumHow do I respond
TOPIC: How do I respond
GoTo Page: 1 2
Start   11 to 16 of 16 
User Details are only visible to members.
LadyWife, in the instance you cited, I would have done the same as you did and hit the "no thanks" button. When a first communication is so inarticulate or grammar-challenged, we already know we don't have a match.

M, it seems that you really would need to ask those people a lot of questions. But when a profile is almost non-existent, at least as far as any useful information, we have never regretted just taking a pass. People who don't tell us about themselves, yet expect us to be interested in having sex with them, don't appeal to us. In fact, they appear to us to be very secretive. If people want to have a chance to play with us, they need to be forthcoming enough with information about themselves for us to make a judgment that they are people we would like to know and spend time with.

I'm not interested in playing "20 questions" with people, either. So brief profiles, one-sentence e-mails, and simple "yes" or "no" responses to questions cause us to totally lose interest in someone who clearly doesn't want us to know them.

South Riding VA
Username hidden
(8172 posts)
Yes but VA, I'm not near as nice of a person as you. I'm from NY and consider it my god given right not to be. So how would you respond to this one? "think looks good so how about answer we could give it a try "

Since their profile was extremely incomplete, no photos and one of our few hard and fast preferences is for marginally articulate people, we replied with the courtesy "no thank you" button.

Saint Augustine FL
Username hidden
(12560 posts)
I would not have been so put off by that e-mail as most of you seem to be. It sounds to me like someone who is actually trying to be considerate and expressing an understanding that there ARE time wasters out there. Of course, I didn't see any more of their e-mail (if there was any more than that), but it may have just been an inarticulate way of trying to say that they don't want to waste YOUR time if there doesn't seem to be a fair chance of a match.

Regarding their desire to "see more," I guess I would ask them what else they need to know that is not given in your profile. And I would also take the opportunity that "since you brought it up, . . . " and would ask THEM for any information you would like to know that you didn't find in THEIR profile.

We try to be very careful with e-mails. Without knowing the other person's personality, and without being able to see body language and facial expressions and without being able to hear voice inflections, it's awfully easy to read into a message a negative tone that really wasn't there.

Communication is a 2-way process. There is what is SAID, and what is HEARD, or INTERPRETED. They aren't always even close.

South Riding VA
Username hidden
(8172 posts)
Point taken, M. Okay, how about "please contact us again when you graduate from high school" ?

Saint Augustine FL
Username hidden
(12560 posts)
"would like to see more we are real and have had our time wasted also"

My response (based on your profile) would be "we have a very complete and descriptive profile with ample pictures. Additionally, you can easily learn more about us from our ample forum postings. Since you empress disinterest in wasting time, why do you need to see more?"

Saint Augustine FL
Username hidden
(12560 posts)
How about....."We reallly haven't had much time wasted as we rarely respond to initial emails like this one."

Not very original, but I'm not thinking very well this morning either.

R

Jennings LA
Username hidden
(771 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
Start   11 to 16 of 16 
TOPIC: How do I respond