Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Open Forum How Much Did You Pay For Gas Today
TOPIC: How Much Did You Pay For Gas Today
GoTo Page: Less ... 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297
Start   2881 to 2890 of 2967   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Tell the government to get out of the iol business and you will see how much less we all pay for gas. While you are at it tell the eviromenalist to get out as well.

Miramar FL
Username hidden
(2075 posts)
We have an oilman in the White House?

I don't believe it. The American public would never stand for that, would they? I mean, surely the American public would recognize that gasoline before Bush was elected was about half what it is now -- and when they put that together with the recognition that he was an OILMAN -- well, I just don't believe Americans are that stupid, do you?

And what's wrong with being tickled pink by paying only $3/gallon? If I'm NOT tickled pink by it, then the oil companies will NEVER be able to get the price up to $7/gallon.

And THAT'S just un-American.

HINT: I'm being sarcastic. My study of history indicates to me that what's happening right now with American corporations is exactly what lead to the Great Depression.

As Jon Stewart (essentially) noted the other day: The Repugnicants argue that the economy is suffering because the rich people are only making 200 times as much money as the poor and so they won't spend it. So we elect a Repugnicant who will cut taxes for the rich, so the rich will have more money to spend. (They don't have enough to spend now??? Don't they have more to spend than the poor???) These cuts -- plus, of course, the increased government spending that we get under Repugnicant Administrations -- erase any surpluses built up by Democrats and create massively huge deficits. As the economy begins to suffer and the middle-class begins to feel the pinch that the poor have always felt, the Repugnicants fall out of favor and a Democrat is elected. The Democrats then begin engaging in fiscal responsibility and building up surpluses again.

This HURTS when it's begun, just like it would if you suddenly had to start paying on YOUR credit card which you had overused.

Consequently, the Democrats are kicked out by a short-sighted public who thinks that paying off the bills should be as painless as using our credit cards to give tax breaks to the rich was.

And so the cycle begins anew.

Clovis CA
Username hidden
(68 posts)
We have a OIL MAN in the White House!!!!!!

Pottsville PA
Username hidden
(34 posts)
Gentle,

We usually have the cheapest gas in the Costal Bend because of the refineries we have. At least the city officials claim that is what helps us.

Carrie

Corpus Christi TX
Username hidden
(18093 posts)
its still around 2.85 here...

Bridgeport PA
Username hidden
(12773 posts)
Not everywhere in South TX is it $2.45. It is $2.60 in this part of South TX.

Carrie

Corpus Christi TX
Username hidden
(18093 posts)
We saw $2. 63 at a few stations today

Honolulu HI
Username hidden
(1488 posts)
Yall need to move to south Texas. I paid $2.45. While your down here, look us up!! LOL

H & M

Spring Branch TX
Username hidden
(7 posts)
Still over $3 here most places- $3.09 up the hill, downtown a bit cheaper ($3.06 or so), drive north a bit, down around $2.95 I discovered today.

Glad my commute to work is walkable!

L.

Ithaca NY
Username hidden
(1611 posts)
The Washington Post did a big story today on where the price increases in gasoline came from. Turns out the refiners made 99 cents/gal profit after Katrina, compared to 33 cents/gal prior to Katrina. So now we know who is gouging us.

You can find the whole story at washingtonpost cot com

Jim

South Riding VA
Username hidden
(8172 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297
Start   2881 to 2890 of 2967   End
TOPIC: How Much Did You Pay For Gas Today