Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Open Forum How Much Did You Pay For Gas Today
TOPIC: How Much Did You Pay For Gas Today
GoTo Page: Less ... 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290
Start   2881 to 2890 of 2897   End
User Details are only visible to members.
3.65 this morning..

Bridgeport PA
Username hidden
(12773 posts)
Unfortunately, and shoot me now cause I'd like to shoot myself, I drive the smaller of the Land Rovers (and John's new LR is due into the dealer in November-if this had been foreseen two months ago, it wouldn't have been ordered), and despite the fact that its getting 21+ miles to a gallon, I'm struggling like everyone else.

If I had to do it over again (last year) I would probably go Hybrid, but the Toyota Highlander and Ford 4WD models weren't out yet when I went car shopping.

Yes, there are days I wish I was back in North Jersey....despite the high cost of living, I enjoyed it. And there were much better ways there to commute than having to drive yourself.

Cambridge VT
Username hidden
(6291 posts)
SandJ Now if we could only clone you! :) I hope your driving something like a VW,LOL! "G"

Willow Grove PA
Username hidden
(4673 posts)
Phoenix, when I worked in NY, I drove my car MAYBE once a week, on weekends for groceries. I took the train, bus, subway, taxi...ANYTHING to avoid the stress of driving. In a six month period, I kept track of my gas usage and mileage. I only filled my car up 5 times in those six months. And my commuting expense, monthly was around $325.00. I banked a ton of money in that period of time (2 years).

I've found that people can only relate to an idea which will force them into carpools or mass transit when it hits them in the pocketbook. Up here in VT, there is no public transportation to speak of, so I'm still stuck driving 45-60 miles a day!

Cambridge VT
Username hidden
(6291 posts)
Yea your probably right HWJ,the American people are too much creatures of comfort to do without.

Willow Grove PA
Username hidden
(4673 posts)
I was talking to a couple from the UK and complaining about gas prices...wanna guess their response? "we've been paying $7 a gallon here for over three years...get over it!" Puts things in perspective a little....if someone from another country were to read this...and i wish they would....we probably sound like the biggest bunch of babies!

Whitestone NY
Username hidden
(204 posts)
Since Monday the price has went from 2.89 a gal. to 3.36 a gal. That last price was at 5:00 PM tonight. They have been raising it by .20 to .30 cents a day. And changing it 2 or 3 times a day. With no end in sight. Luckily we both work about 2 mile from home. so we will start riding our bicycles to work soon. At least we will get in shape faster now. LOL

Evansville IN
Username hidden
(961 posts)
2 . 85 8 am today... 3.25 at 8 oclock pm..

My sis say her gas station is getting phone calls every three hours.... To update gas pricing. It was going up in two hours from when I picked her up.

So by 8 am tomarrow it will be 3.65 for regular... well over four for super.

Bridgeport PA
Username hidden
(12773 posts)
Actually Phoenix, that isn't a bad idea. Building the car pool lanes didn't work, maybe that would.

I can remember being in Seattle a few years ago. I had two people in the car with me, so I hit the HOV lanes - there was no one in the lane with me from Seatac all the way into the city, despite the fact that the other lanes were a parking lot at 9AM.

Cambridge VT
Username hidden
(6291 posts)
Seeing as I need gas to run the equipment for my business,thx but no thx! Already "hurting" from the high prices,don't need to be shut down for a week,also! Ever sit in a traffic jam and see only 1 person per car? Hundreds of cars? Ever hear of "carpool"? Maybe instead of a neighborhood watch,we could have neighborhood carpools with some kind of gas discount for incentive.

Willow Grove PA
Username hidden
(4673 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290
Start   2881 to 2890 of 2897   End
TOPIC: How Much Did You Pay For Gas Today