Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Open Forum How Much Did You Pay For Gas Today
TOPIC: How Much Did You Pay For Gas Today
GoTo Page: Less ... 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290
Start   2861 to 2870 of 2899   End
User Details are only visible to members.
$3.19

Honolulu HI
Username hidden
(1488 posts)
glad you had to go to every thread you posted on and let us know.....quick someone try to stop them....just take nikki with you ok?

Whitestone NY
Username hidden
(204 posts)
they just reported on the news that about half of the fuel depots in LA are running again and fuel prices should fall next week and the Gov of TN is thinking of suspending sales tax on fuel for a while.

A gas station about 20 miles from me are having charges brought against them for price gouging. They started charging 7.00 a gal on Friday

Spencer TN
Username hidden
(6440 posts)
1999 Ford F-250 SD Diesel 28gal tank, 3.29gal and 17mpg in city and 22mpg hwy

2004 Ford Focus SE 12 gal tank 3.39 gal 28mpg city and 35mpg hwy

Spencer TN
Username hidden
(6440 posts)
Too much! Way too much!

Willow Grove PA
Username hidden
(4673 posts)
Monkey, it will be interesting to see to the hybrid batteries when the cars are 4-5 years old. I have friends who just love their Prius, but they've also said they will trade it in if the battery goes. They've been told it will cost them between $5000 and $6000 to get it replaced. BTW, they got 55 miles to a gallon of gas on their vacation to Michigan last month!

Cambridge VT
Username hidden
(6291 posts)
AT most, the average gas station makes up to 10 cents per gallon sold. Now, most don't make that much (thus the birth of the "mini-mart" stations), making about 2 cents per gallon.

Most of the cost of a gallon of gasoline is actually due to taxes. Fed gov't adds taxes of about 50 cents per gallon, and state taxes run anywhere from @ 20 cents to 75 cents per gallon.

As for hybrid cars, the average life expectancy of a hybrid battery is said to be about 10 years, but since hybrids haven't been around that long, it's hard to tell if that's true or not. With most 1st generation "major" brands (Honda Insight, Toyota Prius) nearing the 3 to 5 year mark, it will be easier to tell how long they really do last.

Austin TX
Username hidden
(544 posts)
Fantasy, I think you're probably right on the issue of hybrid batteries, but I also think the pricing will come down in the next couple of years and they'll improve the batteries themselves. There's research right now into making the batteries smaller, and more powerful, so I'm sure the issue of replacing them is being addressed also.

The gas station I've gone to for a long time gets four loads of gasoline per week, sometimes five. She sells all three grades and she figures that she fills her underground tanks on the average of 1-1/2 times a week for each grade of gasoline. This is killing her, since she has to change her gas prices up to three times a day, since what someone is pumping right now is the money she uses to buy the next tanker load. Yes, she's busy, but mainly because of customer service and the fact that she is in a perfect location. I've talked to her twice now about the pricing issues....there is absolutely no way she can survive without putting those prices up everytime she gets a phone call about a price increase (and last week she was getting 3-4 calls a day with increases of one cent up to ten cents a gallon!).

Her station is a perfect example of being caught between a rock and a hard place. If she wants to continue buying the gasoline from her suppliers, she has to have the money. But with the pricing going up hourly, she's catching holy hell from her customers. Her latest comment to me was that she was VERY sorry that she'd ever opened the station in the first place now.

Cambridge VT
Username hidden
(6291 posts)
Unleaded regular (87 octane) for $3.19/gal. That's the cheapest I've seen around here. The police cited a gas station owner in nearby Centreville, VA this weekend for price gouging. He had raised his price to $5.69/gal.

South Riding VA
Username hidden
(8172 posts)
Bad Annie I saw a shirt the other day I want it says: Will work for fuel!! It had a dude holding a sign tooo funny! Oh and one other one that had a kid cutting grass with scissors because gas was to high to use the lawn mower. ~kiss kiss~ Mrs...

Columbia MD
Username hidden
(678 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290
Start   2861 to 2870 of 2899   End
TOPIC: How Much Did You Pay For Gas Today