Houseboats : Swingers Discussion 211797
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumHouseboats
TOPIC: Houseboats
Created by: new2wild
Original Starting post for this thread:
Anyone here live aboard a houseboat fulltime? We have been playing with the idea for several years but would love some insight from those with knowlage.

GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 3 of 3 
User Details are only visible to members.
I have nothing relevant to contribute to this conversation other than sharing my own semi-related dream.

I've been trying to convince my partner to sell all of our stuff so we can live in a nice 40"+ RV. She rarely likes any neighbors that we've had (admittedly, I didn't like them either) so I keep telling her that if we lived in an RV and had assholes for neighbors that we could just pack up our patio furniture, unplug the house and drive down the street. She has yet to sign off on this idea. And now I can't play the bad neighbor angle anymore since we don't have any neighbors for at least 100 yards in any direction. I don't think I'm going to win this one.

Anyway, good luck with the houseboat. The suggestion of renting is probably the best way to go about it. Maybe even try for 6mo instead of a year so that you can get out quick if you find out you don't like it.

T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3203 posts)
We considered it 8 years ago when we re-located from Florida to Georgia. Scrapped the idea after touring the marina's and limitions that lifestyle would have living on a lake. Basic cable,utilitys,parking for land vechiles if you have more then one. Lots of stuff to consider. Overall marinas are not a very nice "neighborhood"

I would suggest maybe renting for a year minimum first before buying. As a former Realtor I'd say it's all aout Location, Location, Location. Saltwater would afford great adventours traveling but is expensive as far as up keep. Rivers that have the channel depth and channel locks could be fun but it still has that land locked feeling IMO.

Good luck

Buford GA
Username hidden
(3898 posts)
Anyone here live aboard a houseboat fulltime? We have been playing with the idea for several years but would love some insight from those with knowlage.

Dover TN
Username hidden
(31 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 3 of 3 
TOPIC: Houseboats