Happy Veterans Day! : Swingers Discussion 211606
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumHappy Veterans Day!
TOPIC: Happy Veterans Day!
Created by: NJboy732
Original Starting post for this thread:
Happy Veterans Day to all the men/woman on the forum who have served or are serving in the military! My grandfather on my fathers side served in the Navy as a cook during the Korean War, and my grandfather on my moms side was an infantryman in the Russian army during WW2. Her stepdad was in the US army, and ended up being a lifer. My father was also a radio repairman in the army, and I served also.

Anyone have any friends/family who serve or are have served"?

GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 6 of 6 
User Details are only visible to members.
My husband and my father. And true to their generation, my father didn't talk much about it either. maybe an occasional funny story about an army buddy. Then after my younger son got a bit older, he started telling him about it. Then after he met Mr., they had things in common, including places, and Dad started talking about it a lot more. Even at age 83, he cannot bear to watch a war movie. And you can't touch him when he's sleeping. He slept under tanks in the Korean War and it's that ingrained.

G.

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(7467 posts)
My grandfather served in the Canadian Army in WW2 and participated in the liberation of Holland. Like many WW2 vets, he never liked to talk about it and resisted answering our questions about it in any detail.

To those who know it as "Remembrance Day" - do you have a poppy?

To everyone who has served - thank you.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19790 posts)
Grandfather, Uncles, Father, Brother and one nephew...never served personally but grateful to those who do. I never miss an opportunity, especially when traveling through airports, to thanks those in uniform!

Jacksonville FL
Username hidden
(2271 posts)
happy v-day to all of those who served. especially for all the kids who came from iraq. they have big "cojones". and the happiest v-day to my pride and joy, my son. 101st airborne, ft campbell ky.

Jamaica NY
Username hidden
(882 posts)
Trooper is, as was his dad and grandfathers.

Louisville KY
Username hidden
(17840 posts)
Happy Veterans Day to all the men/woman on the forum who have served or are serving in the military! My grandfather on my fathers side served in the Navy as a cook during the Korean War, and my grandfather on my moms side was an infantryman in the Russian army during WW2. Her stepdad was in the US army, and ended up being a lifer. My father was also a radio repairman in the army, and I served also.

Anyone have any friends/family who serve or are have served"?

Toms River NJ
Username hidden
(1069 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 6 of 6 
TOPIC: Happy Veterans Day!