Happy Thoughts 2012 : Swingers Discussion 193456107341
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumHappy Thoughts 2012
TOPIC: Happy Thoughts 2012
GoTo Page: Less ... 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 ... More 
Start   7341 to 7350 of 7830   End
User Details are only visible to members.
"Seems what you and others want is to be able to control other people and take away their freedom."

Good grief. All I want is the ability to read what I want and post what I want. I have no desire to deprive other people the freedom to either ignore me or respond however they want. But that's not enough for them. They want to intrude on my freedon by squelching me, either by suspending my posting rights or by deleting what I post. And you go along with them far too often arbitrarily, for reasons you never make clear, or that defy logic.

And before you come back with "you don't have the freedom to attack other people," how is it an attack, merely by responding to what someone else has said, or when I disagree with their post or think it absurd, amusing, or ironic?

i freely admit I have made a couple of posts in the past couple of days that might arguably be deemed "attacks," one that called someone a pompous ass and the other that suggested his posts had made him a laughingstock here. Both of those statements are true, and I made them only because he chooses to repeatedly call me and others such things as "aberrant." And he does so without being man enough to explain his attacks. I don't even try to interfere with his right to look like a cowardly fool doing so, but my freedom to respond certainly shouldn't be infringed, as it often is.

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10938 posts)
Here is an idea, go back to the old reciprocal block. Make it a four step process instead of two step process. Make sure it is displayed in big bold letters on the last step that they are placing a block that cannot be changed without site approval.

As far as the ignore feature seperate it from the block, put the step for each person on ignore in three places. Below the RTM button, on the profile, and in box in tools were it can be typed in. Yes I know that code would have to be changed, but if you free yourself from listening to petty complaints you would have more time.

I also have another idea to reduce your RTM that you receive. Handle it the same way you do pictures. Let a group of 12 random lifetime members either forward or deny a report. For a report to move forward it would take 2/3 of the 12 members. Then and only then would the report land on your desk for review.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19526 posts)
I still don't see that as petty, if it is the person who blocked without having a valid reason is also petty. The second party that realizes that the block can be lifted and put back on at will is not being petty since they already know they have been blocked for a reason. Now since they do not know in most cases what that reason is, it certainly is not petty to expect the same level of protection as party A.

What I do find petty is making excuses for not doing a job. I see it everywhere, in government, in business.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19526 posts)
"Ohhh please explain in detail? I am real interested in how putting a block on after being blocked is taking away their freedom?"

Person A can view your profile. They view your profile all the time. They don't contact you, so you don't even know they exist. One day they block your profile. At some point after that you see their profile in a list somewhere and try to click on it and see that you are blocked. Now all of a sudden you want them blocked simply because you noticed that they blocked you (even though they cannot see you while they have you blocked).

Gainesville FL
Username hidden
(1862 posts)
Peg, I have very little in my profile so mostly it does not matter. I do that for a reason. The more you put in a profile the more it can be picked apart for pieces of information. It appears he has little to no consideration or feels responsibility to all the members. Sorry Wayne you know how I once supported you, loss of that support was because of loss of support for us. And by us I mean everybody.

That does not mean I do not respect others rights, privacy, and freedoms. Again that means everybody. Personally I feel that blocking and ignoring should be independent. Many people have people blocked for different reasons. Many use it as sorting tool, so they may still want to read what that party has to say. I see the staff here more about limiting freedom than protecting it.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19526 posts)
Blocks should me done on both sides. If I block someone, the block should appear on their list. If I want to unblock them, that person should have the option to leave the block on or unblock it.

Augusta NJ
Username hidden
(16055 posts)
No Wayne, I do not want to take away anyone's freedom. I think there should be more freedom here, not less. Evidence of that, in my case, would be that you have have received one report from me which was a single male bragging about his frequent requests to impregnate other men's wives.

What I want is the ability to know if someone whom I believe is denied access to my profile is able to see it. That is all. It has nothing to do with all the forum bullshit.

But for me personally, I am blocked to everyone, so why am I wasting my time banging my head against a wall?

Ocean City NJ
Username hidden
(5306 posts)
"Seems what you and others want is to be able to control other people and take away their freedom. "

Ohhh please explain in detail? I am real interested in how putting a block on after being blocked is taking away their freedom?

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19526 posts)
"You asked me this privately and I answered it. Yesterday morning I had a half dozen complaints in my private mail and over 80 "Report to Moderator" complaints about messages in the forums. I deleted lots of posts and threads and I honestly can't remember each case. "

No offense intended but I'm not buying your excuse. You know exactly why you deleted the words and phrases forum and so do I. Some thin skinned person or persons self identified with a new term and took offense . Had you taken the time to read through the form instead of just deleting it you would have found a variety of funny terms and "new" words that were merely FUNNY.

You express how busy you are and I do not disagree but if you chose to not delve into the facts behind the complain all you've bought is a few moments of peace but have in fact, opened the door to the complaints multiplying. Once you delete a forum based on nonsense the reporter now sees how simple it is to report anything for any reason and thus your work load increases.

You can't fix a problem by putting band aids on it every time someone has a boo boo. The quick fix isn't to delete or lock a topic, the quick fix is to ignore "NONSENSE" and force the reporter to grow up and make them realize that ONLY serious infractions of the rules will result in action.

Respectfully , Mrs Sav

Anniston AL
Username hidden
(5501 posts)
"I just want the ability to block whomever I want whenever I want without having to contact you, Wayne."

You can do that and have always been able to do that, unless they have already blocked you and then you are also blocked from them, so the end result is the same.

Seems what you and others want is to be able to control other people and take away their freedom.

Gainesville FL
Username hidden
(1862 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 ... More 
Start   7341 to 7350 of 7830   End
TOPIC: Happy Thoughts 2012