HI LIKED YOUR PROFILE- WHAT ARE YOU THINKING : Swingers Discussion 42616101
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumHI LIKED YOUR PROFILE- WHAT ARE YOU THINKING
TOPIC: HI LIKED YOUR PROFILE- WHAT ARE YOU THINKING
Created by: Jewels17
Original Starting post for this thread:
We have received quite a few emails lately that say..."I liked your profile" and left it at that. What does that mean? Are they interested and want a response or are they just saying that our profile is nice? I never know if I should respond that yes, we are interested or no, we are not interested... or not respond at all. What do you do when you get these type of emails?
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 15   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Virgin Poster Alert!

Hi there, Ontarioguy, and welcome to the forums.

L, the greeter

Ithaca NY

Username hidden
(1611 posts)
I agree, hders, if it's a long-distance compliment, the intent would appear to me to be just a nice-job remark. I might reply with a "Thank you, appreciate the compliment, I liked ____ in your profile, too".

Someone more local, I sort of figure they're testing the water, and I'm likely to reply with "thank you" and leave it at that.

Ithaca NY

Username hidden
(1611 posts)
Thank you all for your responses. They were helpful and it was nice to get some insight. We do respond to every email, but were confused on how we should respond to those "liked your profile" emails.

Kennesaw GA

Username hidden
(27 posts)
I do that, too, hders, but I'm clear about my intent for writing. I'll say something like, "I know you're really far away (or we're out of your age range, or we don't meet your profile criteria, or whatever), but we just wanted to say we saw your profile and really enjoyed reading it- nicely done!"

There's a difference between a pat on the back for an eye-catching profile and an ambiguous statement that leaves someone confused about its purpose.

L.

Ithaca NY

Username hidden
(1611 posts)
Well I got to Agree with everyone there is no Wrong or Right way to tell someone that you like there profile, I think for the most part folks will read your profile anyway!! Just be Respectful.................

New Braunfels TX

Username hidden
(5 posts)
We got a wonderfully written e-mail just today. Wrote about themselves, their interests and what sort of people they like to meet. Wouldn't you know one of us wasn't interested...lol. We were so disappointed we barely found the words to respond.

Sugar Land TX

Username hidden
(771 posts)
I agree with Atowncpl, we usually write back (we always answer every email....we believe it is extremely rude not to...) with something equally as elusive then go from there......it is amazing how many emails we have gotten with just one word in it....one!.....like, "hot" or "wicked".....ok, and you're point is??????..........lol!....it's kinda funny....our comic relief for the day.....ya just gotta take it for whatever it is....at least they took the time to write that much....a couple more words would have been even more appreciated though......lol!!!

Burbank CA

Username hidden
(170 posts)
respond to all email.Thats the right thing to do.Look at their profile see if it interests you, if it does mention going for a drink or whatever you do.It seems most people are shy about asking to get together this is there way of saying hello there.It may be the fear of rejection.Way to often people put way to much thought into what does this mean ,if they are writting you normally its not to say have a nice day. About the only email you can say for sure is that type are those that live quite a distance.Then it is love your profile, wish you lived closer

Sarasota FL

Username hidden
(2069 posts)
Yeah we agree about couplelookingpa. Hot couples need no lines... (Without getting into standards of hotness, beauty and attractiveness, lets just say hot to you) This is just the elephant in the room that is swinging, the hotter the couple, the less lines they need to say. Let's face it if a hot couple said "We're interested" and they were close and certified, well who is going to say "no thanks." Maybe a small few will. But then a couple that is less hot will have to do a little more convincing with how they say they are interested in you and why they would make a good match. A couple who is not attractive at all no matter how well and eloquently they write, will not get much of a response.

Valencia CA

Username hidden
(71 posts)
I (Ms.) personally like this topic. First, if you have a detailed profile there is no reason in the world why you should have to write a book to someone to initiate contact. I tend to write 3-4 sentences to a couple upon contact, and the Mr. writes a total of 8-10 words, he is very short and to the point. We receive more email just stating fantastic pics, and that is it, and I will respond back thanks and leave it at that because usually there are no pics on that couples profile so I figure if they are interested, they will write again.

Johnstown PA

Username hidden
(12037 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 15   End
TOPIC: HI LIKED YOUR PROFILE- WHAT ARE YOU THINKING