Getting In and Staying In Shape : Swingers Discussion 423151011
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumGetting In and Staying In Shape
TOPIC: Getting In and Staying In Shape
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
Start   11 to 20 of 25   End
User Details are only visible to members.
no your body needs to regroup.A great workout would be every other day or every 3rd day.When playing sports we used two days for weights, two days were used for legs, bikes,running ,running steps ie stairmaster for those now.For 5 days a week our bodies were continuously being abused without us being smart enough to see what was happening.We saw a picture of becoming the athlete and stopped at nothing to gain that. one day for toning with situps,pushups ,leg lifts. They made sure to split these activities up by alternating days. Today those that work out, mostly do it as a fad and do not keep it up. Such as missing a week or two then coming back or even a month and coming back. What I was commenting on are those that have done it for years. I did it for 15 years at the regiment that I mentioned above.When your young, whatever you do to your body , always comes back to haunt you. I would still say consult someone that knows how you shoud do the workouts instead of thinking you know it all.They wil show you what and how to do it and allow your body to tell you what is right for you.Its never wise to just throw yourself into a set without knowing just what can happen with your body.

Sarasota FL

Username hidden
(2069 posts)
Couplenit, I think you've got it figured out pretty well. The only difference is that we don't mind reheating our food. That's all that microwaves are good for anyway! LOL

We DO order soft drinks, but always DIET soft drinks, which have no calories. We recognize they have a fairly high sodium content, but we aren't drinking a 6-pack!

South Riding VA

Username hidden
(8172 posts)
ATL, judging from the public pictures you posted, you have done a fantastic job of getting in shape! Wow!

South Riding VA

Username hidden
(8172 posts)
We don't have any particular tricks except that we cook lighter, eat out less than we used to and work out at least 3 times per week. I work out at least 5 days a week. We also limit the amount of alcohol we drink. I have lost almost 50 pounds, I don' t intend to gain it back. He has lost around 15 pounds. We both work full time and I travel on business alot, so working out on the road is a challenge I have conquered. We have had to change our lifestyles to some extent, but we don't feel deprived and it has been worth it....We are healthier for it.

Sandy Spgs GA

Username hidden
(10 posts)
<< American restaurants take the quantity over quality approach. The portions are ridiculously large.>>

That is SO true! We both work, and spend an hour and a half commuting each way. The result is we get home late, stressed, and fatigued, so neither of us feels much like cooking and cleanup. So we eat out more nights than we eat at home.

We finally got over feeling sheepish about asking for a box to take home our leftovers. Not only does that mean we only eat half of the restaurant portions, but it means we have a 2nd meal handy for quick reheating in the microwave. This cuts the price of a restaurant meal in half.

We haven't yet had the nerve to ask for ONE meal and TWO plates, but our son and his wife do just that. One of these days we'll do the same.

South Riding VA

Username hidden
(8172 posts)
Being "in shape" certainly isnt necessary in the lifestyle...but over time you may wish to become healthier...it enhances stamina and pleasure ... My advice is to find something you like doing and do it. If you dont like the gym...dont go. We too find the gym extremely boring. Another disadvantage is that if you try to lose fat by JUST lifting to gain muscle mass so you burn more calories you HAVE to keep going FOREVER unless you ALSO change your caloric diet/lifestyle habits.

My experience (chris) is that I just ate LESS of what I liked and lost over 100 pounds over about 2 years with very moderate exercise (walks around the neighborhood). My philosophy was that I should lose the weight like I gained it SLOWLY.

Eating special diet food works for some people but basicly I am the "Jarrod" of McDonalds...I was even able to eat fast food EVERY day. I found that the portion control aspect was more beneficial than eating at home where calorie counting was hard. I found that if I was hungry a good snack was a bowl of cereal. Once I lost about 50 pounds I increased my walks and found I really enjoyed running,hiking, pushups etc simply because I couldnt do it before...of course I know I'll gain about 5-10 lbs over the winter do to decreased activity...but I lost it before and can do so again...sure I could get a treadmill but ...BORING!....skating and shopping at the mall have become decent substitutes...it works because I really enjoy it....so i WANT to do it..its not a "chore" :-D Btw, I never had a scale...finally got one...it helped alot with learning what a good caloric intake was at first ...but the biggest change was watching my pant size decrease from 42" to 28"...I'm still a little amazed at how easy it was and how stupid I was that I didnt do it sooner! Good luck with whatever you decide to do

Palmerton PA

Username hidden
(285 posts)
If you have a medical condition or disability that makes it impossible to exercise, it's devilishly difficult to lose weight. Cutting calories alone without the exercise to go with it is rarely a successful way to trim down.

I injured my thigh/groin muscles in 1996, and have been unable to do aerobic exercise of any kind ever since. Can't bicycle much, can't even walk 100 yards without being stopped by excessive pain. In all the time since then, I have been unable to lose more than a few pounds.

Luckily for me, I did what all the doctors couldn't do and accidentally discovered what was causing my leg problem and am on my way to regaining the full use of my left leg. I already have full range of motion again for the first time in over 8 years, and am now able to do more and more aerobic exercise, walk more, and am rebuilding my leg strength with weight training.

I KNOW how hard it is to lose weight when you can't exercise. I'm just so glad that I'm finally able to start exercising again, and I'm successfully losing pounds again now. It's almost like getting your life back!

South Riding VA

Username hidden
(8172 posts)
I'm just not a gym person. We've been told repeatedly, in the years since weight became an issue, that if we stick with it, eventually we'll like it and get addicted. Wrong. It doesn't happen. We are extremely healthy eaters. Bad food and overeating is about the only vice we don't have. We must be tricked into exercising though. Right now we're into tennis and kayaking. Any other suggestions?

Saint Augustine FL

Username hidden
(12558 posts)
I (Mr Ravenarena) am a personal trainer the first thing I ask prospective clients is have you spoken to your doctor before you begin exercising again? Because if you have not exercised in a while you may have developed some health risk plus it is always good to have a yearly physical. There are so many routines & exercises out there. One thing to keep in mind what is recomended now is exercise for at least 30 minutes a day now to maintain weight & 60 to lose weight. That is per the new FDA recomdations. The most important thing is to make it enjoyable if you like it you will continue. Personaly I love working out in a gym yet my soon to be wife does not. Each to his/her own.

If you have any questions feel free to E-Mail me here on SLS. I have answered questions for other members in the forums & I am always willing to help. Good luck.

Elkridge MD

Username hidden
(479 posts)
Being fit is more than just a routine you do in the gym. It combines eating healthy and living and enjoying life. You do not need the gym, or an aerobics instructor to be fit. i believe the first thing a person needs to do is get a health check, or physical. Next learn to get only the rest you need and not the rest you want, you do not NEED 8 hours of sleep!! you will sleep a third of your life like that!! Give yourself purpose and reason to be active a sport, walking, sightseeing you want to be active in life. Then worry about the gym.

Jafair Al Manamah Bahrain

Username hidden
(9 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
Start   11 to 20 of 25   End
TOPIC: Getting In and Staying In Shape