Getting In and Staying In Shape : Swingers Discussion 42315
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumGetting In and Staying In Shape
TOPIC: Getting In and Staying In Shape
Created by: yankeefans
Original Starting post for this thread:
Any tricks, secrets or ways to get in shape and keep in that way? How do some of you do it? Is it required once you are all the way into the LS?

please be serious.

GoTo Page: 1 2 3
 1 to 10 of 25   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Hi i'm posting again if you would like to tips please feel free to write. Charles is a personal trainer with 20 years experience in fitness and in the military. I am still active duty I train for a living. Have many idea's from military, gym, and outdoor training.

Jafair Al Manamah Bahrain
Username hidden
(9 posts)
Thanks, M, it feels great to be taking care of myself.

The thing I think surprised me the most about myself was that when I started the FIRM tapes, I decided the only way I could fit it into the day was to work out in the early mornings. I am WAYYYY not a morning person, so the idea of getting up an hour or more before I had to get ready for work was horrifying, and yet, I did it. Once I got into the habit of getting up early to exercise, I loved starting my day that way. And when I injured my back and had to take a few weeks off, I really missed it!

L, who never knew she would LIKE working out at 5:30 AM!

Ithaca NY
Username hidden
(1611 posts)
Just have to toot my own horn...

I started the FIRM tapes about 2 years ago, and loved them, but got bored. So I joined Curves this past January, and after two months I made it into the ELITE club- lost a total of over 10 inches and 5 pounds.

Go me!

L., a former size 18, now a 12 and possibly EVEN a 10!

Ithaca NY
Username hidden
(1611 posts)
Oh, and don't forget that weight training will ADD muscle mass, and muscle is heavier than fat. You can be losing body fat while simultaneously gaining weight in muscle mass.

South Riding VA
Username hidden
(8172 posts)
Women simply cannot lose weight at the same rate that men can. First, men generally weigh 50% - 100% more than women anyway, so a lost pound for a man represents a much smaller percentage of body weight than it does for a woman.

Second, because men weigh more than women, their maintenance level of calories is higher. Thus a 1,000 - calorie diet (not recommended by any doctors) represents a much greater calorie deficit for a man than for a woman. For example, if 1500 calories is maintenance for a woman, and 2500 is maintenance for a man, then a 1,000 calorie diet represents a daily 500 calorie deficit for a woman, but a 1,500 calorie deficit for a man. Hence the man would lose weight 3 times faster.

Third, women generally gain 1/2 gallon or more of water weight (roughly 4 lbs.) every month between the end of their menstrual period and the beginning of the next one. So if a woman is gaining a pound a week in water weight, she can be losing a pound a week of fat but see no difference on the scales until after her next period.

Note that a 500-calorie/day deficit for a woman should equal a pound a week weight loss - or exactly the amount of weight gain from water. Thus you would not see any change on the scale.

The best thing for women to do when dieting to avoid discouragement is to weigh yourself the day after your next menstrual period ends, then stay off the scales until the day after the NEXT period ends. If you have run a 500-calorie per day deficit, you should see a pound-a-week weight loss, or roughly 4 pounds difference on the scale from the end of one period to the end of the next one.

South Riding VA
Username hidden
(8172 posts)
Hey popcorn is great "filler""!! Of course every now and then I cheat by putting real butter on it. Shame on me, LOL

Honolulu HI
Username hidden
(1488 posts)
YOu are correct NJC, but I had checked the body stats on your profile before posting it and neither of you are even mildly obese. There is a difference between a few pounds overweight and obesity. Therefore, using it for a few pounds weightloss, like I did, raises the risk according to my doctor. Also, my posting was not meant to tell you what you are supposed to believe or do. It was merely what happened to me. Nowhere in my original post did I say to not drink Slim fast. In fact, I even drank it a year after my gallbladder surgery. I figured I had nothing to lose at that point except the weight!! LOL

Honolulu HI
Username hidden
(1488 posts)
Found this info on the Vanderbilt University site: "Studies show that 25% of the people on liquid diets develop gallstones due to their inability to contract bile." I wanted to post that in case anyone was going to disagree with my doc's opinion. (trying to stay one step ahead of anyone, lol)

And yes, Poly, your symptom is another side effect. "Eventually, liquid diets can lead to the development of muscle cramps, anemia, dizziness, menstrual abnormality, and constipation."

Honolulu HI
Username hidden
(1488 posts)
I lost my gallbladder thanks to Slimfast!! LOL( and yes, my doctor did put the primary blame on it)

Honolulu HI
Username hidden
(1488 posts)
We came up with an idea since we have to be tricked into exercising. We thought we'd invite Poly and her family to stay here free of charge on their next FL trip. In return, we thought they could beat us into submission until we got more serious about the program.

Saint Augustine FL
Username hidden
(12560 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
 1 to 10 of 25   End
TOPIC: Getting In and Staying In Shape