Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Open Forum › Fun Facts
TOPIC: Fun_Facts
« Prev  1 ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ... 90  Next »
91 to 100 of 892
User Details are only visible to members.
Hmmmm... Not sure if that's a FF, a WTF or for those to "The Right" a SP

Bellingham WA
Username hidden
(1726 posts)
FF: The last Democratic President to nominate a Chief Justice of the Supreme Court was Harry Truman in 1946. Every vacancy during the 70 years since then has occurred during a Republican President's term.

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(12656 posts)
JPL, where Dr. Hetfield did his research, has one weekend a year in which they let the general public on the grounds. They don't let you go in the buildings, but they bring a lot of cool stuff out, and have the scientists there to answer questions.

We took the kids there this year. It is a zoo, because the place is actually pretty small, and there are probably 10,000 people trying to get in.

But they have some really cool shit going on there...

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(19327 posts)
FF (ok... worthless fact): SirC's brother got his undergrad from CalTech so Mr. Hatfields in good company

(fwiw he, SirC's brother, then got his Ph.D. from Princeton. SirC, on the other hand, was obviously an underachiever)

Bellingham WA
Username hidden
(1726 posts)
With his dad, who is an electrical engineer.

Not that that detracts from his accomplishment...

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(19327 posts)
FF: Brian May designed his own guitars.

~Scamp

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(3210 posts)
Yeah, I became a social scientist largely because I didn't want to do the math...

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(19327 posts)
I always loved astrophysics and astronomy, and still read about it a lot, but from a disciplinary standpoint I cannot handle the calculus. I'm good at math in almost all respects, but I have a disability of sorts when it comes to calculus, which hampered any foray into physical chemistry I might have been able to make.

Good for both of them.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(24404 posts)
James Hetfield, guitarist from Metallica, recently received his Ph.D. in astrophysics from CalTech.

He joins guitarist from Queen, Brian May, who also has a Ph.D. in astrophysics From Imperial College, London.

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(19327 posts)
My bad. After-fuck dyslexia?

The most cherished of afflictions. May we all have some.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(24404 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ... 90  Next »
91 to 100 of 892
TOPIC: Fun Facts
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.