Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Open Forum › Fun Facts
TOPIC: Fun_Facts
« Prev  1 ...  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  ... 119  Next »
81 to 90 of 1188
User Details are only visible to members.
Scandalica sounds like a heavy metal band. Or a skeleton condition.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(28000 posts)
Kibbs, I was thinking along the same lines. I'll go with Scandalica!

Sheboygan Falls WI
Username hidden
(12141 posts)
{Whew!} Good thing my name is Kibblesnbitsica!

Fair Oaks TX
Username hidden
(12118 posts)
This is a fun fact about me, inspired by the forum poster you've missed rheas about Erica.

I've always had a thing for girls names ending in -ica. Erica, Monica, etc. I don't know why. Monica Bellucci was hot already, but having the name Monica makes her even hotter.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(28000 posts)
In light of my "It's Time to End the War on Salt" post in the Morning News thread...

Fun Fact #1: the World Health Organization recommends limiting sodium intake to 2,000 mg a day.

Fun Fact #2: meta analysis of studies indicates that an intake of 2,000 mg or less of sodium is associated with increased mortality and higher risk for cardiovascular disease.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(28000 posts)
I *think* i get what you were saying, but....?

Fair Oaks TX
Username hidden
(12118 posts)
A lot of people know Fun Fact #1, but Fun Fact #2 is probably only very rarely known.

Fun Fact #1: the four minute mile was first broken on this day in 1954. Roger Bannister ran it in what at the time was considered unachievable: 3 minutes 59.4 seconds. The record stood for just 17 days, and has been broken many times since.

Morocco's Hicham El Guerrouj, who ran a time of 3:43.13 in Rome in 1999, currently holds the record.

Fun Fact #2: Only one man - Daniel Komen of Kenya - has ever run 2 four-minute miles back to back, running 2 miles in 7:58.61 in Hechtel, Belgium on 19 July 1997. He did it again in 1998. The women's record for 2 miles is a just shy of a minute slower, 8:58.58, set by Ethiopian Meseret Defar in Brussels, Belgium on 14 September 2007.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(28000 posts)
fun fact the earths magnetic field weakening and getting ready to flip. This happens every 300 to 500k years.

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(5135 posts)
VA, that sounds like an excellent idea!

Woodville TX
Username hidden
(616 posts)
Somebody posted on Facebook that it is also Dave Brubeck day...

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(21679 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  ... 119  Next »
81 to 90 of 1188
TOPIC: Fun Facts
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.