Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Open Forum Fun Facts
TOPIC: Fun Facts
GoTo Page: Less ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... More 
Start   61 to 70 of 612   End
User Details are only visible to members.
The pink plastic flamingo is the official bird of Madison, Wisconsin.

It's true.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(21924 posts)
The unicorn is the national animal of Scotland.

Orlando FL
Username hidden
(5922 posts)
Fun Fact: Aristotle left Assos for Lesbos.

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(4735 posts)
Fun fact: 65% of people believe that the result of last year's coin toss somehow influences this year's, demonstrating a total lack of understanding of independent probabilities.

Fun fact 2: I made that shit up. But I bet a lot of people actually do believe that.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(21924 posts)
Fun Fact:

In the previous 48 Super Bowls, the coin toss has resulted in "Heads" 24 times, and "Tails" 24 times.

No one could have ever predicted that outcome.

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(4735 posts)
I could have put it in the Bitchfest but since I don't really know her, it's more like "just interesting" to me.

My grandmother's youngest sister has died. I don't think I've seen her since 1999 when my grandfather died, and I didn't know her at all. But what is interesting is that she was the last of my family driven from their land and fled the Soviet Union in 1925. She was just a baby but the last of my family born overseas that came here as refugees. The end of an era, of sorts.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(21924 posts)
Being a subject of Her Majesty myself, I am probably more familiar with HM Queen Elizabeth than most people here. This story doesn't surprise me as much as it likely does most people here.

The story was excerpted in The Sunday Times from a memoir by British diplomat Sir Sherard Cowper-Coles, who was appointed Ambassador to Saudi Arabia in 2003. It begins with Abdullah -- then the crown prince and de facto ruler of Saudi Arabia -- visiting Balmoral, the Queen’s estate in Scotland.

“After lunch, the Queen had asked her royal guest whether he would like a tour of the estate,” wrote Cowper-Coles, who is said to have heard the tale from both Elizabeth and Abdullah themselves. “Prompted by his foreign minister the urbane Prince Saud, an initially hesitant Abdullah had agreed. The royal Land Rovers were drawn up in front of the castle. As instructed, the Crown Prince climbed into the front seat of the front Land Rover, his interpreter in the seat behind.”

Little did Abdullah know, however, that his driver for the day would be none other than Elizabeth herself.

“To his surprise, the Queen climbed into the driving seat, turned the ignition and drove off,” Cowper-Coles wrote. “Women are not -- yet -- allowed to drive in Saudi Arabia, and Abdullah was not used to being driven by a woman, let alone a queen.”

Not to mention a queen who can drive like the wind. According to Cowper-Coles, Elizabeth didn’t just drive the SUV, but rapidly whizzed along the estate’s roads as she chatted, prompting Abdullah to become increasingly anxious.

“Through his interpreter, the Crown Prince implored the Queen to slow down and concentrate on the road ahead,” the diplomat said.

For those who are not aware, HM was a trained truck mechanic during WW2 and was apparently known as a skillful driver. While virtually never "allowed" to drive off her own property, she happens to own quite a bit of it and has kept her driving skills up during her tenure as monarch.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(21924 posts)
Mongolian beef originated in America.

Well, at least the dish "Mongolian Beef" did.

French Fries didn't originate in France either. But the Canadians bastardized them by putting gravy on them. Maybe blame the French Canadians for that?

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(4735 posts)
The only time "incorrectly" is spelled incorrectly is when it's spelled incorrectly.

Take that autocorrect.

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(4735 posts)
Zipper is the most common cause of penile injuries. The zipper-related genital injuries send 1,700 men to the ER each year.

I had to look this one up after seeing recent post someone made about leaving their zipper open in another thread.

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(4735 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... More 
Start   61 to 70 of 612   End
TOPIC: Fun Facts