Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Open Forum › Fun Facts
TOPIC: Fun_Facts
« Prev  1 ...  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ... 97  Next »
61 to 70 of 963
User Details are only visible to members.
Tomato juice ,egg ,and a beer for a hang over .OMG I would want to die

Ronkonkoma NY
Username hidden
(9035 posts)
freshly brushed teeth & iced tea?

notsogood

Bridgewater NJ
Username hidden
(14128 posts)
I would go for it. Would sound nice in an obituary.."He was a man of the world..."

Rutherford NJ
Username hidden
(6110 posts)
Fun fact: I am a Canadian citizen but am in the somewhat unusual position of being eligible - with minimal process - for citizenship in 3 other countries. 2 of which I've never set foot in.

- The USA - having a Green Card since 2007 and being married to an American

- The United Kingdom - by virtue of having a grandparent born in what is now the Republic of Ireland before 1922 (there is a specific law surrounding this)

- Ireland (for the exact same reason)

Maybe I should "collect them all" just for fun. I have heard of triple citizens (US/Canada/UK) but I don't know if a fourth is possible.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(25968 posts)
Fun fact that will forever make you use this word different - and cringe when you hear it...

The word "gingerly" means, more or less, "carefully" or possibly even spritely. Like, if you're walking "gingerly", you're likely sort of tiptoeing, ballet-dancer style...

The origin of this word stems from a practice called "gingering", which was to make horses walk differently. They would raise their tail and walk in a more attentive, prancing fashion for show purposes. It was called "gingering" because they would rub ground ginger on the horse's anus in order to irritate it, causing a (temporary) change in how they walk.

So now you know that doing something "gingerly" actually means doing it in such a dainty way as to not hurt your poor raw asshole.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(25968 posts)
Fun Fact

the last time there was a full moon for the summer solstice I was in utero. Trooper says that explains a lot lol.

Louisville KY
Username hidden
(21526 posts)
At the Tennessee aquarium, an electric eel named Miguel Wattson (I see what you did there) has its own Twitter account, with posts appearing every time it emits a sufficiently strong discharge.

So far, the posts to the account (@EelectricMiguel) have been a mix of environmental conservation messages, scientific facts and groan-inducing fin-slappers, including this quip from Dec. 30:

"If I was an artist, I'd be an eel-ustrator!"

And this one, from Jan. 7: "What do I do in my down time? Brush up on current events!"

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(25968 posts)
umbrellas are not just for rain.

Bridgewater NJ
Username hidden
(14128 posts)
tbr, we don't hear conservatives saying it. Only LIBERALS say it because they have no room for other opinions.

Thornton CO
Username hidden
(2903 posts)
Or all those people who say they are going to leave the country if their preferred candidate doesn't get elected.

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(20552 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ... 97  Next »
61 to 70 of 963
TOPIC: Fun Facts
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.