Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Open Forum › Fun Facts
TOPIC: Fun_Facts
« Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ... 97  Next »
51 to 60 of 963
User Details are only visible to members.
Don't believe every thing you read ,The Mayo flip flops on things all the time. First egg were not good for you ,now its ok . Its how you feel taking 3000 unit of VIT C every day works for me. Your drinking too much muddy water that cant be good for you, What's the Mayo think of that sweetie

Ronkonkoma NY
Username hidden
(9046 posts)
I know, right?

I'm so ashamed!

~S~

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(4583 posts)
C'mon...Responsibly collected data? A respected resource? Leaving your own anecdotal experience out of the post? AND no profanity? I'm not sure that is an acceptable forum post. C'mon.

Cedar Rapids IA
Username hidden
(34 posts)
FF: (From the Mayo Clinic)

Megadoses (over 2,000mg) of vitamin C supplements may cause:

-Diarrhea

-Nausea

-Vomiting

-Heartburn

-Abdominal bloating and cramps

-Headache

-Insomnia

-Kidney stones

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(4583 posts)
i may just have to indulge in mac n cheese today

Bridgewater NJ
Username hidden
(14145 posts)
Today 7/14 is national mac & Cheese day and national nude day. What an image, sitting there nude eating Mac & Cheese. With a bunch of friends.

Lyons NY
Username hidden
(1847 posts)
I only realized today that all these years I have been bipetual

Mcallen TX
Username hidden
(11871 posts)
Fun fact:

Ears of corn *always* have even numbers of rows. The number of rows may vary, but it's always an even number.

Well, almost always. It is so rare to have an odd number that one has not been verified since 1949. Presumably more have occurred but gone unnoticed, since who counts the rows on their corn? But for those who care about such things, they cannot find one with an odd number, so it must be very rare.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(25976 posts)
Bastards!!!

Rutherford NJ
Username hidden
(6115 posts)
Fun fact:

There are some fascinating cartoons that were made by Disney and Warner Bros during World War II as anti-Nazi propaganda. Contrary to popular belief, none of these have been "banned" (in the US anyway); rather, both WB and Disney have abandoned the copyrights so they are freely available on YouTube.

They are packed with what would today be unthinkable stereotypes of Germans and to a lesser extent (in volume, not degree) the Japanese. A bunch of sausage and sauerkraut-eating savages, or slant-eyed buck-teeth greenish skinned nutcases? That's how it was shown. The quasi-German is basically a bunch of words that English-speaking people recognize thrown together with a lot of mucus and shouting. Swastikas are ubiquitous throughout most of them. Depictions of Hitler (and occasionally Stalin) are common, as are shouts of "Sieg Heil!".

Some to look up:

The Ducktators (WB - 1942)

Herr Meets Hare (WB - 1945) (with Bugs Bunny playing both Hitler AND Stalin)

Der Fuehrers Face (Disney - 1942) (Donald Duck as Hitler) - this one won an Academy Award and is considered by many to be one of the best cartoons ever made.

Daffy the Commando (WB - 1943) - note a cartoon poster of a topless woman on the wall @ 1:35. Ends with Daffy clubbing Hitler on the head with a mallet.

This one deserves special treatment - The Spirit of '43 (Disney, 1943), which featured the debut of Donald's uncle Scrooge McDuck (although he is not named)

THIS cartoon is not as much about World War II as it was commissioned to lull people into accepting payroll withholding of their income taxes, beginning in 1943. The patriotic thing to do was to pay your taxes faithfully and since obviously you idiots can't do it right, your employer will.

Oh - and your taxes are so high "thanks to Hitler and Hirohito."

True story.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(25976 posts)
« Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ... 97  Next »
51 to 60 of 963
TOPIC: Fun Facts
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.