Fun Facts : Swingers Discussion 2152621051
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumFun Facts
TOPIC: Fun Facts
GoTo Page: Less ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... More 
Start   51 to 60 of 525   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Fun Fact:

The inventors of the motorized bicycle, hang glider, parachute, rotary printing press, submarine, and liquid-fueled rocket engine were all killed by prototypes of their own inventions.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(18794 posts)
I know, full of Canada-related Fun Facts today....

Boston's official Christmas tree is an annual gift from the city of Halifax, Nova Scotia. This has been going on since 1918 as an annual "thank you" for Boston's humanitarian help after Halifax and almost everyone in it were obliterated by the biggest explosion in history prior to nuclear weapons.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(18794 posts)
Fun Fact:

Attempting to kill the Queen - successfully or not - is the only crime in Canada that warrants a mandatory life imprisonment during peacetime.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(18794 posts)
Fuqing trubblemaker.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(18794 posts)
"Well, the oldest man to ever father a child did so at 96."

Nope. I think Methuselah was about 200 years old when he fathered a child. At least, according to the Bible ....

#StirringShitUp

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10769 posts)
Fun Fact:

Mrs. Feodor Vassilyev gave birth to - *gasp* - 69 children in her lifetime. 67 survived infancy. A peasant in Russia, she gave birth to 16 pairs of twins, 7 sets of triplets and 4 sets of quadruplets (no single births) between 1725 and 1765.

While this may sound fucking unbelievable, the claim is generally accepted. I'm not sure which is more fantastic - a woman birthing that many children or 67 out of 69 children from multiple births surviving infancy in rural 18th century Russia. Even today the infant mortality of quadruplets is quite high.

However - he wasn't finished yet. After his wife died, Mr. Vassilyev remarried. While it would seem that the mother would be the most important factor in being prone to multiple births, Vassilyev had 18 children with his second wife, who had 6 pairs of twins and 2 sets of triplets, making him a father of 87 children in total. ALSO no single births.

Something was up with the Sperminator here. How the fuck does a peasant care for 87 kids?

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(18794 posts)
Well, the oldest man to ever father a child did so at 96. Ramjit Raghav of India (currently 97).

So... if his child lives to be the same age... they will find themselves being 97 in 2110, with a father having been born nearly 200 years earlier in 1916.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(18794 posts)
Now that is cool. My grandmother didn't know how old she was but she had very vivid recollections of WW1 (yes ONE) times and talked about the first, car, radio etc she ever saw. Mind blowing and she died in the 90's.

Lexington KY
Username hidden
(1765 posts)
I remember reading about the "last link to the 18th century" - I wish I could find it. A woman whose father was born in 1799, but fathered her in advanced age and she didn't die until 1975 or something. The idea that a child of someone born in 17-ANYTHING having been alive during my lifetime blew my mind.

btw the claim of John Salling was debunked.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(18794 posts)
Not entirely accurate. 1 pension was still being paid out as of Jul 2013 (2 were being paid in 2012). In both cases, it wasn't a spouse, but a surviving child recieving benefits. The children were most likely disabled or mentally handicapped prior to turning 18 and the mothers deceased at the time of their fathers' passing in order for them to continue to receive pay and benefits.

It's still pretty fascinating though, knowing that the child of a civil war vet is still alive. In this case, the surviving child is in her 90s and living in a nursing home. She receives a little more than $800/mo from her father's pension.

Related Fun Fact: The last Union veteran, Albert Woolson, died in 1956 at age 109. The last Confederate veteran, John Salling, died in 1958 at age 112.

T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3199 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... More 
Start   51 to 60 of 525   End
TOPIC: Fun Facts