Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Open Forum › Fun Facts
TOPIC: Fun_Facts
« Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ... 106  Next »
41 to 50 of 1055
User Details are only visible to members.
"@VA- but there were 2 other gasses used in the chambers also. "

You're correct, it wasn't the only one. That's why I said it was the "primary" one. Before that the principle method was carbon monoxide. I believe a certain small number were killed with other gasses, but most were with Zkylon B - the actual poison component was hydrocyanic acid.

Fun fact #2: it is now being touted by "alternative medicine" sites as a cancer cure, typically in the form of amygdalin. This is entirely illegal but it still happens.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(27112 posts)
@JPA: This isn't the same (correct) info I found in my research since it's been 3 1/2 years now, but at Auschwitz Carbon monoxide - Hydrocyanic Acid in a Zyklon B base (which I believe was also used in lesser strengths to de-lice) and then other other gassed were used at other locations.

I really wish I could remember the sites of my sources- the info is (horrifyingly) specific but extremely interesting. I'm a bit of a Holocaust historian but with a Swiss cheese memory.

Lafayette TN
Username hidden
(2087 posts)
I'll ask. What were the other gasses use? I always thought it was only one type. Was it a crystal that was mixed with water?

Woodville TX
Username hidden
(575 posts)
@VA- but there were 2 other gasses used in the chambers also.

At one time I (when I worked on the traveling Anne Frank Exhibit) I could have told you what they were but they're in my research. No one ever asked.

Lafayette TN
Username hidden
(2087 posts)
Not exactly a "Fun" fact, but...

Degesch Chemical continues to manufacture Zyklon B, albeit under different trade names, to this day. Zyklon B was of course the primary poison used in Nazi gas chambers.

The use of the material is the same as the original one: a fumigant pesticide. It is of somewhat limited, but still important, utility.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(27112 posts)
LOL Blm and those 97% where so young at the time that when they grew up they all said EWWWWWWW that dirty old man

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(4304 posts)
An official Gallup survey polled over 1000 women with the question: Would you sleep with Bill Clinton?

1% said, "No"

2% said, "Yes"

97% said, "Never Again"

Rutherford NJ
Username hidden
(7047 posts)
Fun Fact:

A CNN poll asked people if they had ever consulted a professional psychic. It was broken down by region:

Northeast: 19%

West: 13%

Midwest: 11%

South: 8%

Not many surveys make Southerners look good... glad to see one come along....

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(27112 posts)
FunFact: Friendly people have more friends

Berkeley Springs WV
Username hidden
(46 posts)
Brother in law was so disgusted with one states old legacy spaghetti software that he quit and went back to work for private industry. He was hired to modernize the states computer systems. So much is still old legacy systems and software. He was shocked.

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(4304 posts)
« Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ... 106  Next »
41 to 50 of 1055
TOPIC: Fun Facts
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.