Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Open Forum › Fun Facts
TOPIC: Fun_Facts
« Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ... 101  Next »
31 to 40 of 1010
User Details are only visible to members.
Heya VA

Still around, mostly lurking all of the interesting conversations. Hope all is well?

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(8384 posts)
Two of my kids had a mild reaction to amoxicillin one time. Now they avoid prescribing it.

I think it might have just been something with that batch...

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(21107 posts)
"Was that the sound of VA's head exploding? Lol"

It would have been, had I not been wearing a copper protective wristband.

---

Hey SA! Long time no see!

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(26847 posts)
It gives me a terrible sick headache. At first I just thought that they were ineffective against migraines and my symptoms were from migraine. Now I believe that my symptoms are from the Tylenol itself after I was accidentally prescribed a form of Tulonol because my doctor didn't want me to take ibuprofen or aspirin.

Irving TX
Username hidden
(1006 posts)
FF My body temperature raises dramatically when exposed to an MRI machine. Not uncomfortable enough to do damage, but enough to make me sweat around the area under imaging all the way through the gown and my skin is quite warm.

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(8384 posts)
DD- what issues have you had with Tylenol? I ask bc I've had issues also--- when prescribed taking it nightly at the highest dose I had frightening, violent, graphic and bloody dreams.

Lafayette TN
Username hidden
(1877 posts)
DD- try crystals and reiki. They heal everything!

Was that the sound of VA's head exploding? Lol

~rabbit~

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(5015 posts)
I am curious about that. I got sick after taking Griseofulvin, which is a drug that "never" causes anything more than slight nausea. I was sick every 20 minutes for about 6 hours. The doctor assured med that it was just a coincidence and we resumed the medicine after a three week recovery period. The next time, I was sick every 5 minutes for about 12 hours and was too weak to even pick up me head.

I've also seemingly had adverse reactions to Tylenol of all things, but my reaction varies so I don't know exactly what is what.

I think I've had another reaction to medication with a headache so bad that I went to the emergency room. It might not be the medication or I might just need time to adjust to it but I just can't seem to make myself take it. Each time I have a bad reaction it seems to intensify with each use.

None of my reactions are in the anaphylactic catagory so doctors don't worry about it.

At this point, I'd rather risk a stroke than a bad reaction. Those have been less painful.

I reacted to another medicine

Irving TX
Username hidden
(1006 posts)
What we call "penicillin" is actually a class of drugs. Ampicillin is one of them. Generally people who are allergic to one penicillin drug are allergic to all of them, and often the related cephalosporins too.

A lot of these 10%ers have been "diagnosed" by their doctors as being allergic, based on reports of their patients. It's much easier for a doctor to just tell you that you're allergic to penicillin and write you a script for something else than it is to conduct allergy confirmation experiments.

Part of the perception of rising rates of allergies comes from this. Many people aren't allergic to the things they think they are allergic to.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(26847 posts)
If you're allergic (mildly- breaking out in itchy hives) to ampicillin will you also be allergic to penicillin?

Lafayette TN
Username hidden
(1877 posts)
« Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ... 101  Next »
31 to 40 of 1010
TOPIC: Fun Facts
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.