Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Open Forum › Fun Facts
TOPIC: Fun_Facts
« Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ... 91  Next »
31 to 40 of 901
User Details are only visible to members.
Fun fact:

Carroll Spinney has portrayed Sesame Street's Big Bird and Oscar the Grouch consistently since 1969. He is 82.

In the 80s there was the first discussion about sending up a civilian with the space shuttle. Big Bird was tapped as an opportunity to reach young children and teach them about space travel. However, it was determined that the costume would be difficult to manage in tight quarters and zero gravity, so a teacher, Christa McAuliffe, was chosen instead to ride aboard the Challenger for what turned out to be its final flight.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(24807 posts)
FUN FACT

Sean Wilentz, the Sidney and Ruth Lapidus Professor of History at Princeton University is the historian-in-residence on Bob Dylan's official website.

Clemmons NC
Username hidden
(2843 posts)
Inez, in ten years they will be your go to person. You will say, "can you fix this". Did you see the commercial on TV. The two grandparents come out of their home and hand all their electronic stuff to their two grandchildren and say, "can you fix these". Give it time they grow up like we did.

Thornton CO
Username hidden
(2532 posts)
How funny.. but you know Inez.. upside down is not all that bad , or sometimes with ones head hanging over the bed sideways.. xoxox

Brandon FL
Username hidden
(1113 posts)
When some one with tiny fingers ,puts all of them on you key board ,do you know the picture goes upside down , and it took Grandma a while to fix it ,had to call my Geek son-in law to tell me what to do . FUNNY NOW not then

Ronkonkoma NY
Username hidden
(6558 posts)
The new ones out today, batteries last way longer .I think like 10 years ,I'm not really sure

Ronkonkoma NY
Username hidden
(6558 posts)
Fun fact: most smoke detectors contain a tiny amount of americium, which is recovered from spent nuclear fuel rods.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(24807 posts)
I checked all of our smoke detector batteries before deciding whether to change them or not. Seemed the prudent thing to do.

Sheboygan Falls WI
Username hidden
(11110 posts)
Hard boiled eggs spin, uncooked eggs do not. Today one smoke detector stared to beep slow. Time to change batteries. First one in the hall, opened it and I had dated the battery, October 2013, I had changed all 6. Two and a half years and a note, "HAVE A NICE DAY", Today changed all 6 again and dated one in hall. Smoke detectors save lives.

TIME TO CHANGE ALL YOUR SMOKE DETECTOR BATTERIES????????

Thornton CO
Username hidden
(2532 posts)
Fun fact:

The highest point in the Maldives is Mount Villingili. It is 5 meters above sea level, and is the location of the tee for the 8th hole on a golf course.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(24807 posts)
« Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ... 91  Next »
31 to 40 of 901
TOPIC: Fun Facts
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.