Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Open Forum › Fun Facts
TOPIC: Fun_Facts
« Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ... 78  Next »
21 to 30 of 775
User Details are only visible to members.
FF- a true New Orleans accent is almost exactly like a Brooklyn accent and not at all the Southern/creole twang that most people expect or as it was portrayed in the movie "The Big Easy"

~rabbit~

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(2961 posts)
Good, that shows time is relevant. I say we WILL travel through time someday. It is only another measurement.

Thornton CO
Username hidden
(1900 posts)
John Cazale, perhaps most famous for his role as Fredo Corleone in The Godfather and The Godfather Part II, appeared in only 5 feature films before dying of lung cancer in 1978. He was also shown (through archival footage) briefly in The Godfather Part III. I found Fredo to be such a tragic character, a terribly flawed and broken man. Cazale's portrayal, especially in Part II, was outstanding.

Fun fact #1: All films he appeared in were nominated for the Academy Award for Best Picture. He is the only actor to hold such a distinction.

Fun fact #2: He was Al Pacino's best friend before either of them were actors. They debuted together in The Godfather.

Fun fact #3: His diagnosis of terminal lung cancer came just as his final film "The Deer Hunter" was coming into production. The studio wanted to fire him, but his friend Robert DeNiro and live-in girlfriend Meryl Streep threatened to quit the production if he was. DeNiro paid for his insurance so he could be in it. The filming schedule was rearranged to get his scenes finished first, and he died before the film was completed.

A film about him called "I Knew It Was You" was released in 2009.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(23747 posts)
FF: Flight HA458 took off in 2016, and landed in in 2015.

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(5357 posts)
I would think that CEO's would not want to be widely known...

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(18948 posts)
Tigg, are you ready for the snow for you to plow, did you lube your plow properly? Years ago when I did my own property snow plowing, one year I plowed the snow only once for the entire winter and that was in March. In another year I plowed the snow 17 times and had to put the chains on 3 times. Always had 20 concrete blocks behind rear wheels against tail gate for rear wheel traction in a crib behind wheel wells. I LOVED PLOWING SNOW. NOT ENOUGH HERE IN COLORADO.

Thornton CO
Username hidden
(1900 posts)
Fun fact: When surveyed, 53% of Americans over 18 cannot name a single CEO. Of any company. Anywhere.

They are better than the average of 63%. Among 10 largest countries, Germany, is the worst. 80% cannot name one. Most other developed countries (France, Japan, UK) are worse.

The countries that are better (i.e. a lower number can't name one): Mexico (50%), China (43%) and India (38%).

Interesting that the country that is by far the poorest in the survey fared the best.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(23747 posts)
As if you probably didn't feel old enough already....

George Burns would have been **120** tomorrow.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(23747 posts)
VA, I'm into hydroponics and grow just about anything I want. I've also started growing pineapple and I think it's going to produce this summer. I am currently running an aeroponics cloner of 3 different cherry tomato plants. Having a blast!!

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(8296 posts)
Va are you any good at growing Maui Wowee ?

Ronkonkoma NY
Username hidden
(4583 posts)
« Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ... 78  Next »
21 to 30 of 775
TOPIC: Fun Facts
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.