Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Open Forum › Fun Facts
TOPIC: Fun_Facts
« Prev  1 ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  ... 91  Next »
131 to 140 of 909
User Details are only visible to members.
It's funny... I reached for diethylazodicarboxylate simply because it's what I was more familiar with, and it has a humorous acronym (DEAD). In terms of what it's doing (both in plastics and in food) it would perform exactly the same function, but it's liquid and is far more unstable than the carboxamide analogue.

It's funny.. in grad school we'd use DEAD in the lab without any incidents, but it turns out it has a tendency to explode (when pure) and is now banned from shipping. It's been replaced in the lab with diisopropyldicarboxylate, with the more mundane acronym of DIAD.

The hullabaloo surrounding azodicarboxamide is, in my opinion, a whole lot of misinformation and lack of general understanding among casual readers. But such is the case with most stuff on the internet about chemistry. Most of the concerns surrounding its use in baking products have to do with any produced semicarbazide.

Los Angeles CA
Username hidden
(25007 posts)
FF: A nice savignon blanc pairs well with haddock or cod; but I never know what to serve with diethylazodicarboxylate or azodicarbonamide.

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(5409 posts)
Rabbit ,I was just asking your opinion ,your the foodie .I wasn't baiting you

Ronkonkoma NY
Username hidden
(6909 posts)
"Rabbit ,what about fish ,I eat a lot of fish...."

Inez, since you know I'm vegan, I can't tell if you're being obtuse or trying to bait me.

~rabbit~

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(3713 posts)
Oh dear oh dear....

Sometimes I hate the Internet.

Los Angeles CA
Username hidden
(25007 posts)
Rabbit ,what about fish ,I eat a lot of fish Cod and haddock, cold water fish .I hear Tuna in a can isn't so good for you ,I eat a lot of that too . Chicken and beef too . I'm so bad

Ronkonkoma NY
Username hidden
(6909 posts)
Oh Snort baby. I haven't got you yet? Must I wax poetic about processed meats?

~rabbit~

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(3713 posts)
Hell rabbit,

You are making me want to do all lesbian stuff!

Snort

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(245 posts)
Actually VA it's azodicarbonamide. It's used in yoga mats and flip flops as well. It's an industrialized chemical that can increases the irritability of gluten, can cause respiratory problems, disrupts the immune system, gives off toxic chemicals when heated (ummm don't they know you have to bake bread?), harmful to hormone function and has been banned in Europe and Australia. L-Cysteine is also used and is made from bird feathers and human hair. Both are used as a dough conditioner to make it rise faster, make the bread whiter and helps keep bread soft, giving it a longer shelf life.

Yum

~rabbit~

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(3713 posts)
Snort gets all damp and dewey at the strangest of things: chemistry, constitutional law. Actually, when you think about it, pretty much anything.

--Ahoy

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(245 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  ... 91  Next »
131 to 140 of 909
TOPIC: Fun Facts
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.