Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Open Forum › Fun Facts
TOPIC: Fun_Facts
« Prev  1 ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  ... 168  Next »
131 to 140 of 1673
User Details are only visible to members.
5ft? i spear fish bigger then that with more teeth for dinner. Well i used to. Here they get big but no teeth...boring!!

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(7278 posts)
We have a Great White right off of Fire Island tonight ,He is a little guy only 5 ft . But I'm sure he could do some damage to you .

Ronkonkoma NY
Username hidden
(11983 posts)
I have been abalone diving and spearfishing off the N California coast for most of my life. Never seen a GW. But i did see a seal that was bite in half by a GW hung up in the rocks about 100 yards offshore.

Being a macho studly fearless man that i am...I was scared shitless and ran on top of the water back to shore. Never took my fins off..

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(7278 posts)
I read that a Whale Shark has been tagged with a transmitter ,should be interesting where it goes to . There is another group tagging Great Whites in the Cape Cod are now ,I watch a video ,there do it with a harpoon device .

Ronkonkoma NY
Username hidden
(11983 posts)
Never fears the fin..its the teeth that scare the hell out of me!!

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(7278 posts)
cooollllll

Bridgewater NJ
Username hidden
(17675 posts)
good one fun! I didn't know that

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(3197 posts)
The story I heard is that both of his grandfathers had names starting with S, and his parents didn't want to offend either.

But I heard that was an urban legend.

I checked on the Truman Library website, and it seems the story is true...

"You have hit on an interesting bit of presidential trivia. Truman was given a middle initial, but no middle name. The S in Harry S. Truman refers to the names of both of his grandfathers, Anderson Shipp Truman and Solomon Young.

There has been controversy since 1962, when Truman told reporters that they should not use a period after the S, because it didn't stand for anything. He may have been joking; he himself often wrote his middle initial followed by a period. At any rate, the ruling of most style manuals is to include the period."

San Diego CA
Username hidden
(22801 posts)
Fun: I rather like that. It's a bit mysterious though probably came about bc his parents couldn't agree on a whole middle name so compromised.

Annie

Lafayette TN
Username hidden
(3911 posts)
Fun fact: President Truman's full name was Harry S Truman. The "S" is not an initial; the middle name itself was only the letter S.

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(14142 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  ... 168  Next »
131 to 140 of 1673
TOPIC: Fun Facts
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.