Fun Facts : Swingers Discussion 21526210131
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumFun Facts
TOPIC: Fun Facts
GoTo Page: Less ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... More 
Start   131 to 140 of 444   End
User Details are only visible to members.
The main characteristic of a successful boot-strap type start-up is just stubbornness. When you think you are going to make x amount of dollars and your really end up making x/10 dollars; some just throw in the towel and give up. A few just buckle down and work harder, that is the ones that make it.

Very rarely is any start-up a raging success. Its a nerve wracking process even after you do it a few times. There is chance involved in a start-up but in the exact same circumstances some people will make it while others won't.

Gambling is the luck of the draw -- for most part. If you hold a pair of aces and someone else has three deuces you are going to loose when everyone shows their hands no matter how hard you work.

Lexington KY

Username hidden
(587 posts)
By definition gambling involves a risk-return scenario involving chance. Wikis article on gambling has a detailed explanation as to why business startups are not normally considered gambling, irrespective of the risks involved. You may accept or reject it as you wish.

In less complicated terms, investing with well-researched information is not the same thing as picking some random stock.

Put yet one more way, your ambition in gambling typically centers around "hope", whereas starting a business should not. If it does, well, bad idea dood.

Chesapeake VA

Username hidden
(17523 posts)
Starting a business is absolutely gambling. You can be a legitimately good business owner and still go under. It's a risk with no guarantees for a return on your investment. It might have better odds for success than hitting the power ball, although the latter likely has a bigger payout and required minimal time, effort, and money.

T

Danville PA

Username hidden
(3160 posts)
While I see what you're saying, I still think the degree of difference between the two is tremendous. A lottery win chance is virtually Zero and has nothing to do with the talents or ambition of the player, beyond their ability to buy lottery tickets. Even a loser with $400 can start a yard work business, and their chances of success are considerably higher. Above all, it is NOT gambling.

Chesapeake VA

Username hidden
(17523 posts)
"I don't know how serious Choucho is (since he's almost never serious) but I find it offensive that one can compare a successful business outcome to winning the lottery. A lottery win is dumb blind luck."

It's true that many times I am not serious and I do take pleasure in offending people on the internet by typing words on a screen, but in this case, it was just dumb-luck on my part. I was being serious and wasn't trying to offend you.

I believe you are missing point. You and others are saying that it is stupid for poor people to take a longshot on the lottery. I'm saying that it is also a longshot to start a business and it become successful. Both endeavors are longshots, so do you believe that it is stupid for anyone to try to start a business?

Many or most poor people don't have the means or knowledge to start a business, but they can buy a lottery ticket that has the potential for being a big winner. The lottery option may be their only hope at being wealthy. I don't think it is stupid at all for someone to take that risk.

And as far as people on foodstamps buying lottery tickets, you should be all for it. If they win big, they will no longer qualify and you won't have to support them anymore. And even if they don't win, that money is going right back to the government for it to use on social programs.

Moron Buenos Aires Argentina

Username hidden
(431 posts)
Lol. Funny when she said she was bad at gambling I thought of strip poker. Someone beat me to the punch though. We are all perverts lol

Lexington KY

Username hidden
(587 posts)
I'm liking my odds on that one pretty girl. ;)

Orlando FL

Username hidden
(3865 posts)
If you are that bad Mr. Smooth, come on over for a game of strip poker?

Shelly

Memphis TN

Username hidden
(2721 posts)
i'm with you kibbie. as far as I am concerned it's no different from any other choice a person makes in life. for the most part, mainstream society frowns on the swinger lifestyle, but it is my life. the choice is mine, the risk is mine, the consequences are mine and I have accepted all of it in order to do what makes me happy. i do not gamble. it isn't because i think those who do are stupid. it isn't because i think i have a right to tell those who do, wealthy or poor, how to spend the money they have earned. i do not gamble because i cannot stand throwing away money. and for me, the few times in my life when i actually did gamble taught me how really bad i am at it.

Orlando FL

Username hidden
(3865 posts)
I was about to thank Choucho for the explaination. I now realize why I don't win the big kitties: I'm vibrating in the wrong location! I did not know it was not only ok but profitable to viprate in certain public places.

If you've earned your money and met your obligations, what you do with your expendable income is your business. You can save it/invest it/blow it on outlandish things/even wipe your bootie with it, but it's yours to do as you see fit.

Mcallen TX

Username hidden
(9909 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... More 
Start   131 to 140 of 444   End
TOPIC: Fun Facts