Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Open Forum › Fun Facts
TOPIC: Fun_Facts
« Prev  1 ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  ... 152  Next »
101 to 110 of 1515
User Details are only visible to members.
I am not an inactive person. I have had days where I do an hour of high intensity interval training, an hour of weights, a 50 mile bike ride and then pitched a 9 inning baseball game, all in one day (this is not a typical day, mind you - just saying that I am not foreign to spending an entire day beating my body up).

But I despise running. As the joke goes, if you see me running, you should run too, because something or someone is chasing me and will be here soon.

The idea of running 3 miles under ideal conditions is nauseating. The idea of running 135 of them in 120 degree heat up the side of a mountain sounds like about as much fun as being assfucked by a rhinoceros with a razor-sharpened horn digging into my back.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(28570 posts)
This is one of the most spectacular sporting events. I being to a running forum, and there have been a couple of members who got in via their lottery system. It is literally a run into hell. The outer soles on the running shoes have been known to melt.

Little Egg Harbor NJ
Username hidden
(2364 posts)
Fun Fact: On July 10, the world's most horrible foot race will commence. The Badwater 135.

This ultramarathon starts in Badwater Basin, Death Valley. In July. The race is 135 miles long and it's mostly uphill - the finish line is on Mount Whitney, for a cumulative elevation gain of over 14,000 feet. As if that doesn't suck enough, the finish line is 11 miles from the nearest trail head, so you still have to hike 11 miles when it's over.

Time limit to complete the course is 48 hours; the current record is around 22 hours. About half of all competitors fail to complete the course. Use of IV fluids is not allowed. Nobody has ever died during the race.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(28570 posts)
Mrs. VA, I like your new pic, I'm just wondering if that is Mary Lee? LOL.

North Port FL
Username hidden
(43 posts)
Poor Mary Lee, is this not sexual harassment ? Leave the poor woman in peace.

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(5817 posts)
Mary Lee position report ,Our girl has a thing for Beach Haven and the LBI area .Still hang out there .

Ronkonkoma NY
Username hidden
(11510 posts)
B.T. Your some classy Italian ,eating out of a can .Even Basque Girl here could do better.

Ronkonkoma NY
Username hidden
(11510 posts)
I would thought you would have said paella BT.

Little Egg Harbor NJ
Username hidden
(2364 posts)
Please do. All this Franco talk has me jonesing for a can of Spaghettios.

BT

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(13368 posts)
Can I add a fun fact about Ernest Hemingway? He stole a urinal from his favorite bar and embedded it in his garden in his Key West home. It's near the pool.

Virginia Bch VA
Username hidden
(15 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  ... 152  Next »
101 to 110 of 1515
TOPIC: Fun Facts
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.