Fun Facts : Swingers Discussion 21526210101
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumFun Facts
TOPIC: Fun Facts
GoTo Page: Less ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... More 
Start   101 to 110 of 444   End
User Details are only visible to members.
My take on that is uneducated people are more willing to install toolbars than the rest of the population.

Brooklyn Park MN

Username hidden
(3843 posts)
I won Life's Lottery when I married Mrs. Perfect.

Pittsburgh PA

Username hidden
(16572 posts)
Oh, choucho! You make me feel so so sad for those poor poor people! {daubing at eyes} I never realized how bad they had it!

Mcallen TX

Username hidden
(9967 posts)
No, Alexa is not counting profiles on SLS. They use traffic statistics from the internet and they have a toolbar people can install and then they can monitor those people's internet usage. They call that their traffic panel. From their website:

"Data Normalization

Alexa's ranking methodology corrects for a large number of potential biases in our sample and calculates the ranks accordingly. We normalize based on the geographic location of site visitors. We correct for biases in the demographic distribution of site visitors. We correct for potential biases in the data collected from all the various browser extensions to better represent those types of site visitors who might not be in Alexa's measurement panel. However, biases still exist, and to the extent that our sample of users differs from the set of all internet users, our traffic estimates may over- or under-estimate the actual traffic to any particular site."

What that says is that there can be biases in the statistics. Why I'm quoting it is because Va said, "All statements I am making are statistically driven." So all statements he makes can have biases, so maybe he is wrong, which means maybe I am right, which means that MAYBE poor people on welfare should play the lottery, just in case! :)

Incidentally, I have never purchased a lottery ticket. I'm just defending the poor, poor people who don't have a voice here. EVEN Robert isn't as poor and downtrodden as these people. After buying lottery tickets, beer and cigarettes, they don't have anything left over for internet access. They have no means to defend themselves against these horrible accusations. (A Sarah McLachlan song is playing the background as I type this).

Moron Buenos Aires Argentina

Username hidden
(433 posts)
"uneducated people are over-represented on SLS."

Just wondering how many profiles did they have to review before making that determination.

Memphis TN

Username hidden
(2768 posts)
"uneducated people are over-represented on SLS."

FF: I don't always represent an SLS member, but when I do, I over-represent the uneducated behavior of the average member.

Brooklyn Park MN

Username hidden
(3843 posts)
Good discussion. Wish I had time to join in, but business is booming and I'm still short handed.

Pittsburgh PA

Username hidden
(16572 posts)
"I'm not going to bother with this. He's yanking your chain."

You can chain me up and yank it! I'll submit to your superiority.

Moron Buenos Aires Argentina

Username hidden
(433 posts)
Interesting.

The financial success of a website doesn't necessarily mean that those who are using it like the way it performs.

I am not familiar with Alexa, but I suspect that the manner in which the information gathered may not accurately represent the true number of unique individual users. This site allows an unlimited number of free memberships. Members, especially free members, may have multiple accounts using multiple methods of accessing the site.

Below average education/intelligence? I don't recall being asked our level of education when registering.

Maybe ALexa has been fucked by the members of this site...?

Brooklyn Park MN

Username hidden
(3843 posts)
p.s. I have never, ever called the people running SLS stupid. I've had plenty of criticisms with respect to how they do it, but don't attribute quotations to me that I've never said.

Chesapeake VA

Username hidden
(17598 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... More 
Start   101 to 110 of 444   End
TOPIC: Fun Facts