Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Open Forum › Fun Facts
TOPIC: Fun_Facts
Created by: Goodenuff
Original Starting post for this thread:
I was trying to remember which eggs in the refrigerator were hard boiled and which were not, when an idea for a thread topic occurred to me.

Does anybody have any fun facts to share? You know, those always fun and often useless facts that just might come in handy to know someday?

For example....

Did you know that if you were to take all of the veins from your body and lay them end to end along the equator that you would die?

1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ... 161  Next »
1 to 10 of 1601
User Details are only visible to members.
My dad, me, two of my sons, my ex wife, and my wife's best friend all in September.

My oldest son is August 26, so we usually throw him in there, too.

You know what we were doing on New Year's...

San Diego CA
Username hidden
(22354 posts)
The moon was part of earth. It was knock into the orbit that it is now by a major meteor strike. The moon is not a planet as you are describing.

3D modeling if fun to do. Excel has excellent 3D modeling tools.

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(6612 posts)
FF: all good men are born in September....

Mr. Fokker, happy birthday!

Parsippany NJ
Username hidden
(1164 posts)
Ncal...

About the moon.

The moon was Molten for hundreds/million of years. Then (similar to earth) as it cooled it formed a crust, the crust got thicker and thicker until it is a solid rock.

As it cooled and the crust formed, as it was bombarded with small/big rocks the crust would Crack and the molten core would flow to the surface.

Interesting enough, did you know a mine I belive in Africa has a vein of metal that when looked at through a 3d model actually looks like a metal bowl. There is a solid metal deposit that is mostly Gold/silver/lead/copper that is "feet thick"

Scientists believe a meteor stuck the earth that contained these metals. It created such heat that there was a molten mass that took millions of years to cool and solidify. As it did the metal layer gradually formed.

Ps... nobody was around that long ago so these things although make sense have no way of being 100% correct.

Cheers

Clifton NJ
Username hidden
(9 posts)
HB to Allen's daughter, too.

Bridgewater NJ
Username hidden
(17254 posts)
Thank you Inez and Ms. NJNY.

Allen, you will have to let us know the reaction LOL

Little Egg Harbor NJ
Username hidden
(2456 posts)
oH and too your lovely daughter Allen .I bet she is a sweet heart Happy Birthday to her

Ronkonkoma NY
Username hidden
(11958 posts)
Happy Birthday "T"

Ronkonkoma NY
Username hidden
(11958 posts)
Will do. This evening, I will tell her "Fokker said happy birthday".

That should be interesting.

:-)

Charles Town WV
Username hidden
(2811 posts)
HB mr Fokker! :-*

Bridgewater NJ
Username hidden
(17254 posts)
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ... 161  Next »
1 to 10 of 1601
TOPIC: Fun Facts
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.