Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Open Forum › Fun Facts
TOPIC: Fun_Facts
Created by: Goodenuff
Original Starting post for this thread:
I was trying to remember which eggs in the refrigerator were hard boiled and which were not, when an idea for a thread topic occurred to me.

Does anybody have any fun facts to share? You know, those always fun and often useless facts that just might come in handy to know someday?

For example....

Did you know that if you were to take all of the veins from your body and lay them end to end along the equator that you would die?

1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ... 168  Next »
1 to 10 of 1673
User Details are only visible to members.
Related: while it's not common today, at the time, presidents were often referred to as His/Your Excellency.

Since John Tyler was the first president to simply fall into the office, he was often referred to as "Your Accidency". A nearly 200 year old sniglet.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(28793 posts)
Fun Fact: John Tyler, the 10th President of the U. S., was born in 1790 when George Washington was President. As of 2017, two of Tyler's grandchildren (Harrison R. Tyler and Lyon G. Tyler, Jr.) are still living.

Related Fun Fact: Tyler was Vice President when President William Henry Harrison died only a few weeks into his term. The Constitution as originally adopted did not explicitly state that the Vice President became President in case of death, only that the presidential powers were to "devolve" upon the VP. Throughout Tyler's one-term presidency he was hounded by criticism that he was only an acting President and not actually The President.

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(14142 posts)
Prefer the "triple" myself. :)

Woodville TX
Username hidden
(689 posts)
*snort*

Bridgewater NJ
Username hidden
(17686 posts)
Is it the anniversary of the single, double, or triple hole punch?? As you may know, there's a big difference ;-)

BT

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(13698 posts)
Why yes, whateva did they do?

Hmm. Less "hole punching", I'd expect. Poor bastards. ;)

Orlando FL
Username hidden
(245 posts)
it is the 131st anniversary of the hole punch today.

whatever did peeps do before?

Bridgewater NJ
Username hidden
(17686 posts)
FF: where I live it’s also Election Day however nothing to vote on until March. Win / Win

Chicago IL
Username hidden
(2133 posts)
FF: today is election day. whether ya like the choices available or not, the right to vote is also a civic duty which ought never be taken for granted.

vote, y’all!

Bridgewater NJ
Username hidden
(17686 posts)
All in favor of option #2, say aye?

The I's have it. Motion to ammend, changing the word "sack" to "bag".

Orlando FL
Username hidden
(245 posts)
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ... 168  Next »
1 to 10 of 1673
TOPIC: Fun Facts
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.