Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Open Forum › Fun Facts
TOPIC: Fun_Facts
Created by: Goodenuff
Original Starting post for this thread:
I was trying to remember which eggs in the refrigerator were hard boiled and which were not, when an idea for a thread topic occurred to me.

Does anybody have any fun facts to share? You know, those always fun and often useless facts that just might come in handy to know someday?

For example....

Did you know that if you were to take all of the veins from your body and lay them end to end along the equator that you would die?

1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ... 97  Next »
1 to 10 of 969
User Details are only visible to members.
People are nicer when you are wearing "Farmer style" Overalls

Lake Butler FL
Username hidden
(186 posts)
His wife is a pothead, does that count for anything?

~S~

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(4635 posts)
You obviously didn't bother to check what I told you.

So anyway, you are flat out wrong. Plants and almost all animals make their own vitamin c for their own needs, and commercial Vitamin C has not been isolated in commercial quantity from plants for decades. It has been manufactured from glucose via the Reichstein process since the 1930s, although recently it has been supplanted by a bacterial fermentation process.

If you can find some evidence of vitamin C's pesticidal properties, do share. But since you have spouted nothing but bullshit, my guess is that that is more bullshit.

Got any other bullshit?

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(26043 posts)
So anyways C is taken from plants and sold for human consumption. plants make C to kill bugs so therefore its a pesticide.

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(2511 posts)
Same with kids...

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(20600 posts)
So it's official. 15 years old is the age at which your cat just begins farting all the time and stinking up the joint.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(26043 posts)
It is made by most animals through normal metabolism. Primates, guinea pigs, bats and a few birds are an exception. It's destroyed by cooking, hence we don't get any in our diet, but it's not required for most - it's made in their own bodies. Whale blubber has almost as much vitamin C in it as oranges, for instance. This discovery explained why those in arctic climates do not get scurvy - they eat the meat raw while western visitors insisted on cooking theirs.

The gene that makes it is defective in primates and it's a vitamin for us, but it's not for your pet dog or cat. Any idiot can google what I just said.

Well, almost any idiot....

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(26043 posts)
LOLOLOL VA what are you smoking? C is made by animals???lol It that is so then why is our consumption of C essential to our health? lolololol

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(2511 posts)
It's made by all (I *think* - there may be some exceptions) plants, and almost all animal, for their own internal purposes. Humans (and other primates) and a few other animals are the exception, not the rule, and require it in their diet. I'm quite certain - but willing to be proven wrong - that your "source" of this misinformation is an idiot.

So - did you fall for someone else's bullshit or did you just pull that one out of your ass?

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(26043 posts)
Answer to the triva question is Vitamin C. made by citrus to kill bugs trying to eat the fruit. We need it to stay alive.

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(2511 posts)
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ... 97  Next »
1 to 10 of 969
TOPIC: Fun Facts
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.