Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Open Forum Fun Facts
TOPIC: Fun Facts
Created by: Goodenuff
Original Starting post for this thread:
I was trying to remember which eggs in the refrigerator were hard boiled and which were not, when an idea for a thread topic occurred to me.

Does anybody have any fun facts to share? You know, those always fun and often useless facts that just might come in handy to know someday?

For example....

Did you know that if you were to take all of the veins from your body and lay them end to end along the equator that you would die?

GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 542   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Trying to stay on the theme of fun fact...

FF: Several US firms are eager to begin business in Cuba. Perhaps they're hoping to tap the US tourist market.

FF: Cubans can finally import directly those new 60's model Chevrolets (built Ford tough) they weren't able to get after the Revolution.

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(4011 posts)
There was always food in the USSR including after the break up of the USSR and the rise of the NIS. The problem was the no middle class. So you had the ultra rich and ultra poor. The rich had everything. The poor nothing.

As the Cuba....that will be a nightmare for the USA in the long run. There is literally nothing to gain, and everything to lose from normalizing our relationship with them.

Rumson NJ
Username hidden
(17323 posts)
Well you as a tourist won't be starving. My friend remembered in the first few years after the USSR collapsed and their food aid dried up overnight; going to be hungry was really common. Things have improved somewhat but food is still a problem.

Things are better since the stores began accepting Cuban pesos (I know that sounds crazy but that's how it was - you were given ration cards and worthless Cuban pesos, which the stores wouldn't take.)

Their currency system is still bizarre but hey - it's Cuba. Without tourism I don't know what the hell they would do.

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(20588 posts)
Yeah, I know; Mrs. G is from one of those 2 cities.

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(4011 posts)
Food you actually get in Cuba is bland and boring. The common phrase is: for the best Cuban food, go to Miami or Tampa.

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(20588 posts)
In honor of the reawakening of the US/Cuban relations:

FF: A staple of a Cuban lunch is the Cuban sandwich. Well that makes sense; except that the Cuban sandwich is actually a US invention.

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(4011 posts)
NASA has been working diligently on the SLS - Space Launch System - the vehicle designed to replace the shuttle and eventually take us to Mars.

Will they just launch it and watch it explode? Or do you think they will test it - at all - before placing astronauts on it? If the astronauts protest, will they be suspended? If they are alone on the SLS but NASA finds out they have a significant other, will they be changed into a couple?

Will blocking unwelcome frequencies result in a flood of messages to their radio anyway?

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(20588 posts)
Still can't figure out why Radar left.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(17475 posts)
Will you stop saying what I'm thinking? - Henry Blake

Oops, wrong thread.

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(4011 posts)
I get some of my best material from MASH.

It's where the Great Unwashed originated (for me, anyway).

BT

North Attleboro MA
Username hidden
(9040 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 542   End
TOPIC: Fun Facts