Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Open Forum › Fun Facts
TOPIC: Fun_Facts
Created by: Goodenuff
Original Starting post for this thread:
I was trying to remember which eggs in the refrigerator were hard boiled and which were not, when an idea for a thread topic occurred to me.

Does anybody have any fun facts to share? You know, those always fun and often useless facts that just might come in handy to know someday?

For example....

Did you know that if you were to take all of the veins from your body and lay them end to end along the equator that you would die?

1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ... 90  Next »
1 to 10 of 893
User Details are only visible to members.
Back in 1955, the marketing execs for Quaker Puffed Rice and Puffed Wheat came up with an ingenious way to sell breakfast cereal. They bought 19.11 acres of land on the Yukon River in Canada. Then they divided up the land into 21 million square-inch plots and gave away deeds for these 1-inch plots inside the cereal boxes, which flew off the shelves.

Nobody at Quaker Oats could have anticipated the mass idiocy of American consumers. One guy had over 10,000 deeds and wanted to convert them into one single piece of property that would be a little less than a quarter-acre. And Quaker received thousands of letters from consumers who wanted to mine their 1 square inch for gold. However, mineral rights were not included in the deeds, and if gold would have been discovered, it would not have accrued to the deed holders.

Quaker Oats never paid taxes on the Yukon land, so in 1965 the Canadian government reclaimed it. Which means that anyone who still has one of those land deeds no longer has any claim to the tiny plot of land. However, the deeds themselves have appreciated considerably in value as collector's items.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(24585 posts)
FF: when the tag says "lay flat to dry"

....well, i won't go there.

:~P

Bridgewater NJ
Username hidden
(9939 posts)
{Grin}

Mcallen TX
Username hidden
(11555 posts)
I think we should get our soul patches together sometime. ;)

Cocoa Beach FL
Username hidden
(7262 posts)
Heavily manicured works for me. A soul patch, so to speak.

Mcallen TX
Username hidden
(11555 posts)
A shaved v j j makes for a happier James. Winning!

Cocoa Beach FL
Username hidden
(7262 posts)
B.T. Maybe a Essex clam

Ronkonkoma NY
Username hidden
(6199 posts)
Rabbit really : Inez

Ronkonkoma NY
Username hidden
(6199 posts)
Nothing turns a man on more than having to scrape barnacles off of a neglected canoe just so they can find the little dood and avoid shredding their scuba diver.

~rabbit~

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(3369 posts)
Sounds like a red tide issue.

Better take a pass in those Blue Points.

BT

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(11105 posts)
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ... 90  Next »
1 to 10 of 893
TOPIC: Fun Facts
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.