Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Open Forum › Fun Facts
TOPIC: Fun_Facts
Created by: Goodenuff
Original Starting post for this thread:
I was trying to remember which eggs in the refrigerator were hard boiled and which were not, when an idea for a thread topic occurred to me.

Does anybody have any fun facts to share? You know, those always fun and often useless facts that just might come in handy to know someday?

For example....

Did you know that if you were to take all of the veins from your body and lay them end to end along the equator that you would die?

1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ... 143  Next »
1 to 10 of 1421
User Details are only visible to members.
Mary Lee update .Last Ping on her tracking device was Sunday ,she was still in Jersey but off shore .If I was a shark I be in the Hampton now LOL ,With all the beautiful people from New York City LOL .

Ronkonkoma NY
Username hidden
(11325 posts)
I am currently on a 45 year hiatus from running. That is, except for softball, and at my age it is usually sixty feet and turn right. I was, however, a pretty successful college quarter-miler in my youth. Never liked distance running.

Danville VT
Username hidden
(8406 posts)
Don't apologize or stop- it's great. Sounds like amazing experiences.

Now, when I'm able (currently not) I walk around our property which is a rugged mix of pasture, woods, ravines and creek beds. You cannot help but focus solely on your footing as you're likely to twist an ankle or fall off a ledge/path etc otherwise. Trey scares deer (& they get really pissy at him,lol) pretty often but I'm loud and clumsy despite my efforts.

That's life on "Little House on the Prarie" as you once called it...LOL.

Annie

Lafayette TN
Username hidden
(3075 posts)
Don't envy me too much, I have a love hate relationship with running. As much as I love it, I feel tormented by it. I am in a constant loop of starting big and then dropping it. This has been my longest 'interval' in a while. I am now working on about 15 months no running and o do miss it, but o can't bring myself to get out the door.

Annie I know what you speak of, I have run up mountains, I have run alongside thourobreads, I have run with Olympic and WR holders, I have run through forests so thick the only thing you could hear was your own footsteps and breathing. I have had deer be starteled by me, and I have watched a bald eagle leave uts perch and fly over me.

Sorry for the waxing philosophically.

Little Egg Harbor NJ
Username hidden
(2350 posts)
@Fokker: I LOVE running. Twice in my life I've fallen in love with it and twice I had to quit due to pain/health.

The high you get, and the clarity of mind-- I can't think of a better way to meditate. Once I couldn't do anything with impact I started running in inside pools in the lap lanes w a weight belt which is different but still a great workout. We no longer live anywhere near a pool so I'm once more w out means to do it.

I envy you a lot.

Annie

Lafayette TN
Username hidden
(3075 posts)
Badwater is run through Death Valley... the amount of runners who enter the lottery to get a coveted spot is amazing.

Running of any kind is about being comfortable. Too many who hate running do so because they go too hard from the beginning. When I hear people say they got shin splints from running a few miles, I cringe because I know they went farther then should have, they went too hard, and they probably had either worn or improper footwear. The perfect running pace is one where you should be able to hold a conversation with just a little to no effort. This usually fees to slow for many and they will go faster, usually a bad mistake. The Kenyans are known world round as fantastic runners, one of their training secrets is that they will do the majority of their runs at paces as slow as 10 min/mile. Most competitive runners wouldn't dare run that slow even on an easy day.

Little Egg Harbor NJ
Username hidden
(2350 posts)
I am not an inactive person. I have had days where I do an hour of high intensity interval training, an hour of weights, a 50 mile bike ride and then pitched a 9 inning baseball game, all in one day (this is not a typical day, mind you - just saying that I am not foreign to spending an entire day beating my body up).

But I despise running. As the joke goes, if you see me running, you should run too, because something or someone is chasing me and will be here soon.

The idea of running 3 miles under ideal conditions is nauseating. The idea of running 135 of them in 120 degree heat up the side of a mountain sounds like about as much fun as being assfucked by a rhinoceros with a razor-sharpened horn digging into my back.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(28411 posts)
This is one of the most spectacular sporting events. I being to a running forum, and there have been a couple of members who got in via their lottery system. It is literally a run into hell. The outer soles on the running shoes have been known to melt.

Little Egg Harbor NJ
Username hidden
(2350 posts)
Fun Fact: On July 10, the world's most horrible foot race will commence. The Badwater 135.

This ultramarathon starts in Badwater Basin, Death Valley. In July. The race is 135 miles long and it's mostly uphill - the finish line is on Mount Whitney, for a cumulative elevation gain of over 14,000 feet. As if that doesn't suck enough, the finish line is 11 miles from the nearest trail head, so you still have to hike 11 miles when it's over.

Time limit to complete the course is 48 hours; the current record is around 22 hours. About half of all competitors fail to complete the course. Use of IV fluids is not allowed. Nobody has ever died during the race.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(28411 posts)
Mrs. VA, I like your new pic, I'm just wondering if that is Mary Lee? LOL.

North Port FL
Username hidden
(30 posts)
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ... 143  Next »
1 to 10 of 1421
TOPIC: Fun Facts
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.