Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Open Forum › Fun Facts
TOPIC: Fun_Facts
Created by: Goodenuff
Original Starting post for this thread:
I was trying to remember which eggs in the refrigerator were hard boiled and which were not, when an idea for a thread topic occurred to me.

Does anybody have any fun facts to share? You know, those always fun and often useless facts that just might come in handy to know someday?

For example....

Did you know that if you were to take all of the veins from your body and lay them end to end along the equator that you would die?

1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ... 92  Next »
1 to 10 of 919
User Details are only visible to members.
Va how about a Hamster in some ones anus ,I had that as a veryyyy young nurse working the E,R in the West Village of New York City. I was wet behind the ears OMG and it was a very gay area of the city "SURPRISE" LOL

Ronkonkoma NY
Username hidden
(8149 posts)
Every year, annual lists of things stuck in people's bodies are published in various medical journals, and eaten for breakfast by bloggers who find it hilarious.

From Mrs. VA's ER nursing days, the oddest thing she ever saw stuck in anyone's body was a 15-year old girl who had managed to get her own fist stuck in her vagina. She was brought in covered in a bedsheet, because that was the only way she'd agree to go to the hospital, if it was guaranteed that absolutely nobody would see her in transit with said fist stuck up in herself.

While she was hysterically crying and mortally embarrassed, Mrs VA just had to get her to calm down... and unclench her fist. Out it came. She might have been even more embarrassed to find that she could have saved herself all of this trouble if she had just relaxed for a second and unclenched her fist.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(25236 posts)
Fun fact:

The US government still pays exactly one Civil War pension $73.13 a month - to 86 year old Irene Triplett, whose father Mose Triplett served in the Confederate Army in 1862 but then deserted and joined the Union Army. He was born in 1846 and fathered Irene at the age of 84, dying at age 96. If his daughter lives as long, it'll be another 10 years until the Civil War is completely off the books of the government.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(25236 posts)
Today in 1956 Elvis Presley released the song "Hound Dog".

Rehoboth Beach DE
Username hidden
(47 posts)
Rabbit I'm not in the mood honey ,be well be nice, have a nice day xoxoxo Inez

Ronkonkoma NY
Username hidden
(8149 posts)
...and there is that anecdotal experience we needed to make this a legitimate and valuable forum discussion.

~rabbit~

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(4133 posts)
Don't believe every thing you read ,The Mayo flip flops on things all the time. First egg were not good for you ,now its ok . Its how you feel taking 3000 unit of VIT C every day works for me. Your drinking too much muddy water that cant be good for you, What's the Mayo think of that sweetie

Ronkonkoma NY
Username hidden
(8149 posts)
I know, right?

I'm so ashamed!

~S~

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(4133 posts)
C'mon...Responsibly collected data? A respected resource? Leaving your own anecdotal experience out of the post? AND no profanity? I'm not sure that is an acceptable forum post. C'mon.

Cedar Rapids IA
Username hidden
(33 posts)
FF: (From the Mayo Clinic)

Megadoses (over 2,000mg) of vitamin C supplements may cause:

-Diarrhea

-Nausea

-Vomiting

-Heartburn

-Abdominal bloating and cramps

-Headache

-Insomnia

-Kidney stones

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(4133 posts)
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ... 92  Next »
1 to 10 of 919
TOPIC: Fun Facts
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.