Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Open Forum › Fun Facts
TOPIC: Fun_Facts
Created by: Goodenuff
Original Starting post for this thread:
I was trying to remember which eggs in the refrigerator were hard boiled and which were not, when an idea for a thread topic occurred to me.

Does anybody have any fun facts to share? You know, those always fun and often useless facts that just might come in handy to know someday?

For example....

Did you know that if you were to take all of the veins from your body and lay them end to end along the equator that you would die?

1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ... 78  Next »
1 to 10 of 776
User Details are only visible to members.
Oh dear oh dear....

Sometimes I hate the Internet.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(23748 posts)
Rabbit ,what about fish ,I eat a lot of fish Cod and haddock, cold water fish .I hear Tuna in a can isn't so good for you ,I eat a lot of that too . Chicken and beef too . I'm so bad

Ronkonkoma NY
Username hidden
(4587 posts)
Oh Snort baby. I haven't got you yet? Must I wax poetic about processed meats?

~rabbit~

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(2962 posts)
Hell rabbit,

You are making me want to do all lesbian stuff!

Snort

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(131 posts)
Actually VA it's azodicarbonamide. It's used in yoga mats and flip flops as well. It's an industrialized chemical that can increases the irritability of gluten, can cause respiratory problems, disrupts the immune system, gives off toxic chemicals when heated (ummm don't they know you have to bake bread?), harmful to hormone function and has been banned in Europe and Australia. L-Cysteine is also used and is made from bird feathers and human hair. Both are used as a dough conditioner to make it rise faster, make the bread whiter and helps keep bread soft, giving it a longer shelf life.

Yum

~rabbit~

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(2962 posts)
Snort gets all damp and dewey at the strangest of things: chemistry, constitutional law. Actually, when you think about it, pretty much anything.

--Ahoy

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(131 posts)
**sigh** You know how much I love it when you talk dirty.

Snort

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(131 posts)
"Yoga mat"

Is that the whole diethylazodicarboxylate thing?

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(23748 posts)
Ah Inez, but your grandfather didn't grow up in an era where companies routinely put "yoga mat", chicken feathers, artificial sweeteners/colors/flavors, cancer causing preservatives, pesticides, hormones, antibiotics, etc in their food or genetically alter it so that it kills insects that try to eat it.

These days it's smarter to pay attention to what's in your food and choose wisely than it is to eat like generations past did...unless you are going to actually eat what they did (naturally grown food).

~rabbit~

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(2962 posts)
Rabbit I don't paid attention , if it taste good I eat it. "MY BAD" , my grandfather did the same and live to 93 die in his bed one night was never sick a day in his life .I plan on doing that too

Ronkonkoma NY
Username hidden
(4587 posts)
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ... 78  Next »
1 to 10 of 776
TOPIC: Fun Facts
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.