Flooring : Swingers Discussion 2185091051
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumFlooring
TOPIC: Flooring
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Start   51 to 56 of 56 
User Details are only visible to members.
Ink, I'm experienced in laying laminate, was one of 4 people putting in a 1300+ sq foot floor. But I also love to slide and roll around on it after its installed...

Louisville KY
Username hidden
(17638 posts)
Just closed on a house last Friday and moving the 29th. Will be replacing some floors as well so thanks for the info.

Username hidden
(344 posts)
Utility room, I'd go with slate.

Kitchen, marble, granite etc...

Allenhurst NJ
Username hidden
(16299 posts)
Personally, I'd never put porcelain tile (or ceramic tile) in a utility room. After all, it's a utility room. I'd go with a a simple laminate flooring myself. Cheap, easy to install, easy to repair and very durable.

As for the kitchen, porcelain tile is fine and ceramic tile would work too. There's minimal difference in the quality and durability between the 2, so it's really just a matter of price and design. If you stumble across a ceramic tile that has the look you like the most then go with that. Don't be fooled by salesmen who tell you that ceramic tile won't show blemishes if it gets chipped because the tile is the same color all the way through. That's not true. A lot of porcelain out there has a top glaze on it to give it a specific color. Beneath that top coat wil be a completely different color. So if you go with porcelain, be sure to ask if the tile you like has a different finish on the top than the rest of the tile beneath it. If you find one that's the same color all the way through, cool. But if not, understand that you're going to have a bitch of a time replacing it in the event that it chips.

Finally, are you a do-it-yourselfer or are you hiring someone to do the install? If it's a DIY job, I'd stay as far away from porcelain as possible. It's a bitch to install and requires additional tools that the average DIYer doesn't have. If you've got a contractor, then who gives a damn. It's his problem now.

T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3199 posts)
Porcelian tiles are fine, I would just suggest you make sure it has some degree of an anti-slip integrated into the tile surface . You can also play with designs and layouts for your floor, We do quite a few floors with inlaid "rugs" where we set the floor in one pattern the break it off at certain points, such as entrances, Or in front of showers or bath tubs. It serves dual purposes as it gives the floor a break from what can be a dull pattern but also aids in slips when entering or exiting . If you are interested in patters or designs send me a Private email here , and I can send you a few examples of what you can do.

Burlingham NY
Username hidden
(9680 posts)
We are putting new flooring in our kitchen and utility room and having trouble deciding what to use. Our home is on a cement slab FYI. I'm leaning towards porcelain tile, however I don't want to make the wrong decision....so many choices.

If anyone has any advice or want to share a paticular type of flooring that you are really happy with I would appreciate it.

Anacoco LA
Username hidden
(20 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Start   51 to 56 of 56 
TOPIC: Flooring