Flooring : Swingers Discussion 2185091031
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumFlooring
TOPIC: Flooring
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Start   31 to 40 of 56   End
User Details are only visible to members.
We are light maple as well throughout our home. More or less a clear polyurethane on top. We do not ordinarily wear shoes at home (although when we do the large entertainments with 100 guests, impractical to ask all to remove footwear). Cabinets are darker, but only slightly. We reserve dark indoor wood for accent. Desks in office are cherry, for example. Outdoor deck is darker--Brazilian ipe wood.

Atlanta GA
Username hidden
(437 posts)
Our cabinets are cherry. Our home is a center hall colonial that we're in the process of modernizing. I don't like traditional style. We're opening up the entire downstairs. Getting rid of the bricks on the fireplace & as well as the French doors to the three seasons room.

Allenhurst NJ
Username hidden
(16541 posts)
Love maple! Our cabinets in the kitchen & 4 bathrooms are all maple.

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(3011 posts)
I love blond wood. Our upstairs is all maple. Downstairs is oak and tile. We're going to replace the oak and install maple.

Allenhurst NJ
Username hidden
(16541 posts)
Yes, hardwood is very nice! Ours is Australian cypress. I didn't think I'd like it as much as I do because it's lighter than I'd wanted. It has various tone though, & always looks great!

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(3011 posts)
Laminate flooring sucks. Spring for the engineered hardwood.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(2744 posts)
I kind of agree,I do not like the way it feels when I walk on it . What many do not realize is that dollar for dollar a hardwood floor can be bought (material ) for around the same amount as a Decent laminate. (Labor is typically under 1.00 a Sqft more ) Most DIY people shy away because there is a labor factor that scares people, But the Nailers they have now ( power actuated ) make it so much easier. Most of the Laminate flooring we install is in Second or vacation homes. It is better than the linoleum,we are seeing people trending away , after it was established the laminate can lift up during the winter from contracting and expanding in unheated homes . Manufacturers started voiding warantees on installation in unheated spaces .

Burlingham NY
Username hidden
(9686 posts)
To me, laminate and linoleum is simply, gross. Sorry gang. It's just horrid. It feels horrid, it feels cheap, I put it in the same category as wall to wall carpeting and dropped ceilings... not my thing.

Allenhurst NJ
Username hidden
(16541 posts)
I was worried about granite counter tops for that same reason, but we were assured that it wouldn't , 2 years now and no issues so far.

Burlingham NY
Username hidden
(9686 posts)
Somebody had mentioned Laminate floors, I do and dont like them. I install @7500 sqft during the course of a summer, I personally would rather install traditional hardwood. To me it is easier to install the hardwood and nail it than clicking the laminate together. Laminates tend to kill my knees and back

Burlingham NY
Username hidden
(9686 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Start   31 to 40 of 56   End
TOPIC: Flooring