Flooring : Swingers Discussion 2185091021
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumFlooring
TOPIC: Flooring
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Start   21 to 30 of 56   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Cplofunswingers,

My utility room connects to and is open to my kitchen (so I want to keep the same flooring in there as well). It does contain my washer and dryer (wall blocks that from view in kitchen though).

Perhaps now you are wondering why I don't just call it a laundry room....well that's because it also contains a closet with my hot water tank, a second refrigerator, a pantry type space of shelves that extend to the ceiling where i keep canned goods etc. additional storage shelves on another wall....it's quite a useful room.

.... additionally there are two doors to the outside of my house in that room....one to front of yard...one to the back....so I would never close that room off with a door...and of course we are in it every day to access a pantry area and second fridge. (Why two fridges you may wonder....well we live in a rural area...we are not close to town...so we keep well stocked on stuff.)

My situation is nothing like what you are imagining in your mind. Hell I didn't even want to remodel these rooms. However we had a water leak in the slab of our kitchen...had to rip out cabinets, drywall, floors... was a sheet of what I believe was linoleum in the kitchen before it was a continuous sheet of it that was in my utility room as well....

Anacoco LA
Username hidden
(20 posts)
I have a laundry room and a formal dining room... It's all highly overrated!

Allenhurst NJ
Username hidden
(16378 posts)
Guess it depends on if it's also a laundry room. Utility room is pretty vague but I took a guess that there was no W/D in there.

This reminds me of some home improvement type show I was watching a while back. This young couple was buying a house and they had their budget and wanted to do some upgrades to various rooms. The chick was hellbent on excessively dressing up the laundry room. Tile floors, crown molding, paint, decor, the whole 9. I'm watching and just thinking "It's a fucking laundry room!" The cost of that room ate up so much of their budget that there wasn't enough money left over for other projects that they wanted. She finally ended up caving a little on some of it so that other things could get done, but it was just ridiculous how much money she wanted to sink into a room that no one wants to spend any time in.

T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3199 posts)
Laminates and wet area's like utility rooms don't mix well. I'd go with vinyl there.

FYI - If you're laying tile over concrete, you may have to 'etch' the concrete first if it has a really smooth finish.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(16710 posts)
Travertine is beautiful! We considered it for our home. The downfalls are it's usually light in color, & it's porous, since it's natural stone. It can be sealed, but that has to be done every few years.

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(3011 posts)
Thanks for all of the comments. I also posted this question on another site and received some recommendations of travertine on that site. Does anyone reading this have any experience with travertine? Or thought on it that you care to share?

Anacoco LA
Username hidden
(20 posts)
Sort of on-topic...

We love our floors and like to take our shoes off when coming into our home, Japanese style. Where to put the shoes and how to make it easy to take shoes on and off? We purchased two of these and love them...

www dot aikomei dot com/bootsubako_boot_bench.php

Atlanta GA
Username hidden
(437 posts)
Naughty, My wife says it makes it much easier to keep up with daily cleaning.

Burlingham NY
Username hidden
(9680 posts)
All of our floors are hardwood & porcelain too. We just invested in several large wool rugs. Love it!!!

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(3011 posts)
We went Light on Our cabinets through out the home, Hickory in the kitchen and bathrooms. as well as my built in armoire. We installed Hickory flooring throughout main floor of the house, except the kitchen, bathrooms, and Foyer's. We installed Maple in the Kitchen and Porcelain tile in the Foyer's and laundry area, and a tumble finished Porcelain in the bathrooms.

In the basement/ bar area We installed ceramic tile, the only carpet in the whole house is the TV area of the basement .

Burlingham NY
Username hidden
(9680 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Start   21 to 30 of 56   End
TOPIC: Flooring