Flooring : Swingers Discussion 2185091011
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumFlooring
TOPIC: Flooring
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Start   11 to 20 of 58   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Ditto for us, Perfect! Though second fridge and freezer are in the garage ;)

Colts Neck NJ

Username hidden
(16526 posts)
We have a room right off the kitchen too. It has washer/dryer, second full size refridgerator, and pantry. I can't imagine not having it.

Pittsburgh PA

Username hidden
(16572 posts)
Tig:

At the time we installed the oil heating unit, LNG was much more expensive. (14 years ago)

Further to make the switch back, let alone to deal with the gas company again is very much not on our to do list.

Hazle Township PA

Username hidden
(6880 posts)
"Oil furnace!? People still heat their home with oil? I thought that it was almost extinct!"

It is almost extinct, but it's still out there. My home is heated with oil. But I live in a 100+ year old farm house. I rarely use it though. I don't like paying to heat my entire house when I can only occupy 1 room at a time so I keep a small ceramic heater in each room and turn them on/off whenever I enter/leave each room. But even when I lived in houses with gas or electric heat, I still hardly ever ran it. I'm just cheap/frugal like that.

I've also got a 500 gal propane tank with a line running to a gas heater in my living room, but that's mostly in case there's a power outage.

T

Danville PA

Username hidden
(3166 posts)
LNG is at record low prices....about 1/3 the cost of oil and electric

Rockport MA

Username hidden
(6294 posts)
Sedu:

Actually a lot of people still use oil. It is debatable which is better in effetency, (gas/oil/coal) but oil seems more reliable. Gas is too expensive, and the gas companies costumer service sucks.

Coal and oil suffer the same fault, you must order more it before you run out. But we haven't ever had a problem so we like it.

Hazle Township PA

Username hidden
(6880 posts)
not here in the cold NE.......and its fucking expensive 3.66 a gallon

Rockport MA

Username hidden
(6294 posts)
Oil furnace!? People still heat their home with oil? I thought that it was almost extinct!

Colts Neck NJ

Username hidden
(16526 posts)
"Perhaps now you are wondering why I don't just call it a laundry room....well that's because it also contains a closet with my hot water tank, a second refrigerator, a pantry type space of shelves that extend to the ceiling where i keep canned goods etc. additional storage shelves on another wall....it's quite a useful room."

Had a similar room in a house I lived in about 7 or 8 years ago. It was basically 1 room that extended off the kitchen that was more or less broken down into 2 smaller "rooms." Part for W/D and the other was a walk in pantry. There was also room for an extra fridge, but I put in a small tool cabinet (for basic tools for in the house) with a mini-freezer on top. I lived alone at the time though and I really don't think I had a name for it. If I was showing people around, I think I just referred to it as my laundry room/pantry/extra freezer/tool room. Utility room probably would have been a better description. There was an actual door that separated it from the kitchen, although it wasn't actually visible from the kitchen. So if I wanted to change the kitchen floor, I probably could have without feeling the need to do that utility room as well.

I just know that when I make improvements to my home, I'm very "practical" in the way I go about it and ceramic or porcelain tile in a laundry room isn't very practical (to me) at all. Just personal preference really. Not to mention that porcelain floor really doesn't fit in my budget to begin with. But since there's no door or anything to close/separate your utility room from the kitchen, it makes total sense that you'd want the floors to be the same all the way through.

Like I said earlier though, if you go with porcelain, just make sure that it's the same color all the way through the tile. Other than that, there's very little difference between it and ceramic in terms of durability.

Oh, and I've done the rural thing too. When I lived in Cali, the closest grocery store was almost 20 miles away. So even though it was just Miss Cpl and I living there, we still picked up an extra fridge to help reduce the amount of trips we made to the grocery store.

T

Danville PA

Username hidden
(3166 posts)
I know next to nothing about slab floors other than I need a basement for any home I would ever own. (where else would you put the Oil furnace and tank?)

My parents are going to have a durable tong and groove wood floor installed. (do it our selves) Granted their kitchen is a wood floor. (the wood cannot be restored, the last owners glued a false floor to the original wood floor and chopped it to hell with one thing or another.)

Hazle Township PA

Username hidden
(6880 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Start   11 to 20 of 58   End
TOPIC: Flooring