Female problems looking for experiences and advice : Swingers Discussion 45669
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumFemale problems looking for experiences and advice
TOPIC: Female problems looking for experiences and advice
Created by: wifefirsttime
Original Starting post for this thread:
Hey everyone, I just came home for a gyno appointment. I went because I started spotting a week after my period, then it turned into full blown blood loss. This is the third time in six months that I dealt with spotting, but the first that it turned into life threatening blood loss. My gyno is setting me up for a D n C in a few weeks. If he finds no cancer cells, he's doing a hysterectomy in the summer. I'm looking for any advice or experiences with either of these procedures. Doc did mention that he can do a "lasar" (not sure if that's the proper term, but he said it's a water balloon that stops the uterus from collecting blood), but I've been asking him to do the hysterectomy for years, and figured this would be better in the long run for me. I'm curious as to if PMS still exists with a hysterectomy. If it doesn't, that procedure would be more worth my wild since, as some of you have seen, my PMS goes way out of porportion. Any advice or stories are more than appreciated.

Lora

GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 9 of 9 
User Details are only visible to members.
Lora:

I thought about how long you had known the MD after I posted. Nothing can replace that relationship. It was MY bias against castrating women. The past is not now. Only you know the reality of your suffering, the impact on your quality of life, and what the trade offs are.

I'm glad you have a provider you trust. That's the Key. I'm fortunate that my body works well...but I must tell you. If I could be my mental illness cut out, burned, spindled or mutilated...I would do it in a heart beat.

Good luck,

Mischief<--Iron pills work better with vitamin C/OJ

Glen Burnie MD
Username hidden
(2783 posts)
Mischief.... I can understand you not liking a md (yes, he's a male) for thinking he's pushing this on me. He isn't. Doc and I know each other since I've been 13. He didn't just say, okay, lets cut you open and cut it out. Also, this isn't something that just came up. Doc and I've discussed this option for alot of years. We just BOTH decided this is the way to go. He suggested the "burning of the uterus lining", but allowed me to make the choice. I am the one that chose the hysterectomy course because I've played enough "let see if this works" with my body, and I'm not up to "trying" something like this. Doc and I know all too well that my uterus has given me major problems for over 2 decades. As I've said either in the other forum, or email to someone, (not sure which at the moment), I begged Doc to do the hysterectomy about 7 years ago. He refused at that point stating my insurance wouldn't cover it without proof of major medical problems because of my age. And I have to thank the doc for holding me off since I did end up having another child. I went through some major hell with that pregnancy, but am SO thankful that I've had him, most of the time anyway. :) Doc is giving me a few weeks to decide for sure which route I want to take. That is why I've been looking for feedback on this. I'm still pretty sure I just want him to take the uterus, even if it means I'll still get PMS. I won't have the constant cramping caused by the blood cloths I get ALL the time, not just when I am bleeding. The more I hear about the "burning of the uterus lining", the more I'm seeing that it's more of a "try it and see" type of thing. I'm not up to being a guinea pig yet again in my life. Been there, done that, had the 4 surgeries to get it right (on my head, not on my stomach). I just can't handle another, "guess THAT didn't work". Hope this clears things up a bit. PA, thanks for that website. I will definately check it out and see what info I gain from it.

Lora

Pittston Township PA
Username hidden
(1142 posts)
Wife

We had to take a break for almost 2 years due to Mrs Still having problems with fibroids and almost constant bleeding, pain, ect. She had a partial hysto (left one ovary) and things changed like night and day !

Will you still cycle ? Oh HELL YEAH ! (anyone that says men don't suffer from PMS ain't married)

It's not something to jump into with little thought, it IS major surgery.

In our case, it was a godsend.......she was miserable, that spilled over into our and our families relationships, it's wasn't pretty at all.

Now she's period free going through menopause.........and I spend a lot of time in the cellar......but hey ! how long can it last ? another decade? <sigh>

Mr Still

Adams MA
Username hidden
(211 posts)
Yes, you will continue to get PMS. They will leave your ovaries. You still cycle every month. You merely don't bleed.

I have a problem with a MD (male?) who wants to castrate a woman so easily. If it was their balls, EVERYTHING would be done to save them.

I don't want to hear about balls=ovaries etc.

Get a second opinion from a university based or larger city based gyn. Removal of the uterus is MAJOR surgery. Also discuss vaginal vs abdominal Hysterectomy.

Mischief<---keeping hers.

Glen Burnie MD
Username hidden
(2783 posts)
Wild.... thanks for the advice... never been in the Woman's forum so it didn't register with me that that would be a better place for this subject. I'm gonna leave it here too in case some may not go into that forum. I don't think I would get any unpleasant comments on this thread. If I do, I'll ask that the thread be removed.

Lora

Pittston Township PA
Username hidden
(1142 posts)
Mr. Va is correct that the hysterectomy is way overdone. Talk to your doctor about the hydroablation first (which is the lasering or burning of the lining for the uterus) prior to going the hysterectomy route. I can go into detail, but would prefer to do it in the women's forums.

Jerome PA
Username hidden
(12127 posts)
Mrs. Valovers has had a D&C (lovingly referred to as "dusting and cleaning!") on a couple of occasions and has had no difficulty since.

Get multiple opinions on hysterectomy before you agree to it. Hysterectomy is the most overdone & unnecessary surgery of all. If men had a uterus, there would never have been such indiscriminate use of hysterectomy.

South Riding VA
Username hidden
(8172 posts)
Lora: I would move this to the Women's Topics forum, I think your response will be best answered there without any unpleasant comments.

Jerome PA
Username hidden
(12127 posts)
Hey everyone, I just came home for a gyno appointment. I went because I started spotting a week after my period, then it turned into full blown blood loss. This is the third time in six months that I dealt with spotting, but the first that it turned into life threatening blood loss. My gyno is setting me up for a D n C in a few weeks. If he finds no cancer cells, he's doing a hysterectomy in the summer. I'm looking for any advice or experiences with either of these procedures. Doc did mention that he can do a "lasar" (not sure if that's the proper term, but he said it's a water balloon that stops the uterus from collecting blood), but I've been asking him to do the hysterectomy for years, and figured this would be better in the long run for me. I'm curious as to if PMS still exists with a hysterectomy. If it doesn't, that procedure would be more worth my wild since, as some of you have seen, my PMS goes way out of porportion. Any advice or stories are more than appreciated.

Lora

Pittston Township PA
Username hidden
(1142 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 9 of 9 
TOPIC: Female problems looking for experiences and advice