Embarrassing mom syndrome : Swingers Discussion 210334
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumEmbarrassing mom syndrome
TOPIC: Embarrassing mom syndrome
Created by: Seduction4Two
Original Starting post for this thread:
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 18   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Little. wind.

Grifton NC

Username hidden
(1364 posts)
I always show respect, I treat people like they treat me! ;)

Is the storm getting you?

Colts Neck NJ

Username hidden
(16526 posts)
Thanks seduction. Grandpa in the house, show some respect this time lol. Juba

Grifton NC

Username hidden
(1364 posts)
I consider it a privilege that my kids want me around.

Well, my 13 year old doesn't...

But my adult children (36 to 26) usually invite me to many of their functions.

I talk with 3 of them at least once a week, and one of them a couple of times a week.

Some stuff I go to, other stuff not so much...

Lakeside CA

Username hidden
(17239 posts)
Jub,

Welcome back!

Colts Neck NJ

Username hidden
(16526 posts)
My opinion is women in their 40's and 50's are the beat thing on the earth. Having been single for over 6 years, I've Never dated or been with a women under 40. To me a women steps into a totally different energy field after 40. All the pleasing everyone is done and now they focus on themselves . That is the real essense of womanhood. Love to try a 60 plus women, I bet it is educational. and amazing. Keep it real 40 Plus Goddesses. Juba

Grifton NC

Username hidden
(1364 posts)
I believe in being their parent FIRST and a friend second. Although I enjoy being around my children, I don't want to smother them, especially in front of their friends. I'd rather be the cool dad by being there when my kids and/or their friend need me. Like a bicycle repair, drop them off at the roller rink, etc... But, I'm not gonna chill with a bunch of kids while they're hanging at the mall. That's ridiculous.

Redford MI

Username hidden
(303 posts)
Like others who wrote here, I enjoy my kids and their friends but would not want to hang out with them for an entire evening, acting as though I were one of the group. The time they have together is special as they learn to explore the world, testing and setting the boundaries they prefer. Raising them, I gave them the tools to think for themselves and modeled what I thought were right decisions. It is part of the process of becoming independent adults for them to face the natural consequences of poor decisions. When needed, I will always be there for them, but I'm glad that so far they are doing okay without me hovering over every move.

As for the the choice to dress in "younger" clothes, it isn't for me, but I try to look nice and not dowdy most of the time. The revealing outfits are saved for very special occasions.

Sheboygan Falls WI

Username hidden
(8620 posts)
I see nothing majorly wrong with this. In fact as science shows, most early twenty something's lack a fully developed mind until around 25 years of age. As such parental supervision may actually help younger twenty something's from being raped by not being alone and having no escape route with a mature adult.

On the other hand... Hanging out with mom and dad may not help the development process very much either as the twenty something isn't being exposed to a wider range of value systems which shape the entire society in which we live.

For the adults, remaining exposed to the activities of the younger generation allows them a better understanding of what is important to young adults and a better insight into the needs and. Hanging values of their own kids or what their young kids will face when they become young adults.

Overall, so long as the older adults aren't face jumping or encouraging risky behavior, they can serve as a good grounding rod for the young adults and a role model which shows that growing older doesn't mean you cannot enjoy yourself.

This doesn't mean I travel with my parents, I won't party with my own parents... Never did do the party scene... Just wasn't for me. (I had been too driven to become successful and lost track of the road... Now I'm stuck in the mud). :-( may have been better if I had role models to guide me instead of having to be my own inspiration.

Hazle Township PA

Username hidden
(6880 posts)
A lot of times moms want to live through their kids. Maybe they weren't as popular, or had as many friends, fun, whatever the reason. And some moms really do not want to be "the age they are" and if they are their kids' "friends" then they don't have to face the fact that they are approaching whatever age.

It sort of reminds me of the mom with the sextuplets, Kate something. Or some of the celebs that dress their kids in adult type outfits, and "hang out." These moms need a bit of a life sometimes, one that is separate from their kids. It could also be that empty nest fear. In a friend's case, that's exactly what it is: she does not want to be with her husband, so she's trying to be friends with her daughters, and also to appear as the "cool parent." Agh.

My sons are grown. We are friends, and I can say pretty close ones now, but I'm not about to go out and hang out with them and their friends. One of my younger son's friends hit on me at a bar in Ohio and he didn't realize it was me (he hadn't seen me in a few years). I said, "you don't know who I am, do you?" and he said some sly remark, and then I said I was my son's mom and he got red in the face, and we laughed it off. You have to have a sense of humor and don't let it be too freaky if that happens.

We live in a strange world now, where eveyone posts everything. It's all what everyone things anyway, but some things are best left unposted!

I just try not to be too dorky. Hahah. My sons and I all have similar sense of humor, so if I am embarassing, we laugh it off and they tease me endlessly. So, that's how to approach it, I think.

Gina

San Antonio TX

Username hidden
(7127 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 18   End
TOPIC: Embarrassing mom syndrome