Education : Swingers Discussion 45083
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumEducation
TOPIC: Education
Created by: PolyGrl The original post for this thread was deleted.
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4
 1 to 10 of 39   End
User Details are only visible to members.
LadyWife, no wonder your vagina is so worn out! You get too much rest and have too much energy! LOL

South Riding VA
Username hidden
(8172 posts)
I gots me lots of them degree things but I'm living off the old man rights now!

Saint Augustine FL
Username hidden
(12560 posts)
Congrats Poly!!

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
I'm so stoopid I retired at 45, Degree: School of Hard Knocks

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
Mischief, I don't totally agree with you. I married current DH with a lot more formal education than him. BUT...being self-taught counts for a lot. He can fix cars, install lights and do other electrical work; he is so good with computers he could make yours tap dance. When we got engaged (after 3 years together) he had only a HS degree, and I had almost 3 college degrees. If someone works hard at what they do, and likes to learn (doesn't have to be at a school!) that is what I am attracted to.

I think we have been a good influence on each other. He became more interested in reading and education, and I have learned a lot about computers (not just screwing around online, but how to diagnose and correct certain problems) and about electrical stuff.

My older son is gifted, and when he was little and prone to bragging I reminded him often: "It's more important to be a NICE person than a smart person. We don't get to choose how smart we are, but we get to choose how nice we are to other people." --Jen

Reading PA
Username hidden
(384 posts)
Oh, forgot to say...my better half is working towards a BS/CS. He did tech school and started working with that, and now is going for the degree.

Reading PA
Username hidden
(384 posts)
I have a BA in speech-language pathology, an MS in the same area, and an MA in Transpersonal Psychology. I just got the psych. degree in 2001.

I was thinking of changing career paths and going into the holistic health field as a psychologist. I have a real knack for assisting people with physical health problems, but I am enjoying my current job a lot, and I have concerns about getting paid for the psych. job. Or shall I say, NOT getting paid.

FYI, I once considered becoming a sex therapist, but I feared that dealing w/other people's sex problems might take something away from my own sex life. And we can't have THAT! ;)

Jen

Reading PA
Username hidden
(384 posts)
Upon graduatin high school, I imediately enrolled in the school of hard knocks. I'm still there, my degrees are my scars, wrinkles, and grey hairs, all of which I have too many to count.

Mike

Bedford PA
Username hidden
(5527 posts)
Congrats Longbeach!

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
I have noticed the following about education.

It's best if spouses, partners, match in education level attained. Why? Even though we who have gone to college know otherwise, non-college educated folks TEND to feel less than.

Please don't everyone tell me I'm wrong. I'm not. This has been my experience in life. I always answer that I work in a (Major Retailer) when asked. The assume I'm a clerk. smile.

My 330 credits doesn't mean anything other than: I was goal oriented, could put off gratification, had a great time partying, and had nothing better to do in my 20's.

It doesn't mean I'm smarter, faster, better in any way. Where did I really get my education? Reading!! Reading anything.

It's better than OK to CROW at reaching a goal. Congrats.

The best thing I learned? How to say I'm sorry.

Mischief<--still learning disabled after all these years. ADHD..bigtime

Glen Burnie MD
Username hidden
(2783 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4
 1 to 10 of 39   End
TOPIC: Education