Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Open Forum Driving in the fog
TOPIC: Driving in the fog
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4
Start   31 to 35 of 35 
User Details are only visible to members.
Fog has been terrible the last couple days here, but I'm not complaining. I prefer the warmer temps compared to the teens we've been having!

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(1768 posts)
Funny that this should come up....

Thick fog is very unusual in this area, but on Saturday we drove through Sequoia National Park to see the General Sherman tree, and this was the most treacherous stretch of road I have ever driven. The fog was insane, and once the sun went down it got even worse. 5 mph hairpins constantly, poorly marked lines in the road..... it was awful. On the way out there was a time where I literally had to stop the car to get out and see where the lines were to figure it out and avoid going off the cliff.

This impatient guy behind me pissed me off at first but turned out to be a blessing. He went around front of me.... I don't know if he had better lighting or if he was just used to it, but once in front of me I could just follow his taillights, which showed up wonderfully in the fog. Meant I had to drive a little faster than I would have liked given the circumstances, but this guy was my way out, and dammit I was not going to let him get away.

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(20274 posts)
Robert, that might be true if you're driving where the roads are already lit, but I very much doubt driving without lights in fog in the country would be safe at all. And, as Funshine said, fog lights on your car are awesome for helping one see better in fog.

Sheboygan Falls WI
Username hidden
(9188 posts)
Hey Robert, I know exactly what you're saying! But fog lights do help a lot. On a side note, how's your story writing coming along?

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(1768 posts)
Anyone ever notice how you can drive better in the fog without your headlights?

I am driving in this mine and it is a foggy night. Every time I must move, I have to have my lights on... But with them off I can see further as the light isn't bouncing off the fog and reducing my line of sight.

Sadly even I will admit that others must be able to see me coming and thus the need for the lights... Don't wish to be made a flat smear on the road by one of the massive earth movers.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7706 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4
Start   31 to 35 of 35 
TOPIC: Driving in the fog