Dressing for a play date : Swingers Discussion 2103081071
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumDressing for a play date
TOPIC: Dressing for a play date
GoTo Page: Less ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Start   71 to 80 of 124   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Oh, same here. I'm not a slob. But I would say that an event formal enough for me to wear anything other than jeans (or shorts) happens perhaps only 6-10 times a year, and most of those are work-related.

For instance, we've known of couples who consider anything short of meeting at some snooty wine bar in evening wear to be way too informal. We know well in advance that we are not the right kind of people for them.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19428 posts)
SO bring two shirts, one to sweat in for the first 15 minutes, and one to change into ;)

I don't want to make it sound like hubby and I wear formal wear 24/7, but sweats is just something that is either at the house or at the gym.

As to jeans, certainly jeans are great to go out to not such formal events. Hubby is wearing a pair in this photo ;).

Allenhurst NJ
Username hidden
(16444 posts)
I despise wearing long sleeve shirts. I accept that under some circumstances I must, but I feel uncomfortable wearing them, especially initially.

It has nothing to do with the fit or (usually) the material. I don't know how to explain it. A long sleeve dress shirt causes me to instantly sweat like nobody's business, even if it's cold in the room. After a short while, it's not so bad and I'm fine, but the 1st 15 minutes I have it on can be really bad.

I almost always wear jeans. If wearing long pants, it will only be something other than jeans if it's absolutely necessary. It's just the way I am. I just realized I'm not wearing jeans in even one picture on here (well, one but they are black denim) but it's true.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19428 posts)
It's not a physically uncomfortable state for people like that. They feel uncomfortable in an outfit that seems foreign to who they are. Like the farmer who wears demin coveralls everyday hating when he has to wear his Sunday best to go to church.

Tucson AZ
Username hidden
(4489 posts)
See, I just don't get it. Hubby and I just love getting dressed up nicely. It just feels great! I just don't get people who do not. I just don't.

I sometimes hear statements like, I don't feel comfortable in a collared shirt, a jacket, or dress, I prefer sweats and tee.

If the clothes are fitted properly why would you not feel comfortable in them.

Allenhurst NJ
Username hidden
(16444 posts)
Went to a "new" event once and found a couple guys in sweatpants and quite a few men in white tanktops. We didn't stay long. Felt as if I should have brought my banjo.

Redford MI
Username hidden
(303 posts)
Mrs. Sav: Well said. The final preparation just before the play date can certainly increase the anticipation.

Columbus OH
Username hidden
(283 posts)
Mrs. Sav, well said.

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(7385 posts)
Pirate:

"I'd rather be the best dressed person in the room and stand out for that then stand out because I looked like something the cat drug in."

Amen.

Columbus OH
Username hidden
(283 posts)
Personally I don't look any better or even different if my makeup routine takes an hour or 10 minutes. As a rule I can go from the garden to the nightclub in less than 45 minutes with a hot bath, shave all the goodies , full makeup and foofed hair....on a rare occasion I've done it in less than 30 minutes including pressing my clothes. Some people simply enjoy the "prepping" rituals and use it as a relaxation process and most of the time is perhaps spent thinking about what to do/ going to do instead of doing it . In 2 hours I can paint a small room surely I can prep and paint myself in far less time lol. Clothes are always classy over trashy, I don't do the "slut" look well and therefore avoid it at all costs. For myself I prefer subtle sexuality not glaring in your face "let it all hang out" clothes. For men, if your idea of dressing up for a night out is old jeans , a concert T shirt and a ball cap I can assure you we are simply not compatible. Mrs Sav

Anniston AL
Username hidden
(5454 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Start   71 to 80 of 124   End
TOPIC: Dressing for a play date