Dressing for a play date : Swingers Discussion 21030810101
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumDressing for a play date
TOPIC: Dressing for a play date
GoTo Page: Less ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Start   101 to 110 of 124   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Argh... man-toe, that's just gross!

Rumson NJ
Username hidden
(16860 posts)
It goes without saying that you never get a second chance to make a first impression. This is our approach to everything in life.

Rumson NJ
Username hidden
(16860 posts)
Well it also has to be appropriate for the venue you will be attending. If we're just going to have a few drinks at Chilis or something, jeans and decent shirts it is. She's not going to put on super-slutty clothes for that.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19923 posts)
The OP is accompanied by a picture of a male who DOES appear to be "dressed for a wedding or a prom" . And this line --

"... amazed at the number of play dates who arrive with only some preparation in their grooming and overall appearance."

I guess I am perpetually guilty of "only some preparation" in this area. What more should be expected? Unlimited and ongoing preparation?

Unless I'm misinterpreting something, I definitely categorize this as undue emphasis on superficialities.

GENERALIZATION ALERT: People who obsess over superficial stuff are generally covering a lack of depth somewhere.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
I have traveled all over the world and have seen cultures that, well leave you wondering how people can live like that, smell, and just plain ol ' nasty. Then to come back to the states and see people living similarly is just mind boggling, this is not a third world country. Even if you are limited in what you have make the best of what you've got. Nobody expects the "perfect man / woman " but if you have pride in yourself you should show it.

Macclesfield NC
Username hidden
(19 posts)
For me and mine, we KNOW you have got to be clean :ie -shower, like the work I do, it dirty, greasy, hot and after a long shift I want to get the crud off. Sadly sometimes I'll have grease stains on my hands that don't wash off as much as I want, but I have been known to bleach them so I felt clean. Its a major turn off to "meet "others who don't get the idea of proper cleaning weather it is hygienic or household. At our home you might find a basket of clean laundry needing folding, but with teenagers it never laundry never ends. I don't mind a lived in look as long as its not like a hobo lives there. And for petesakes wash the damn dishes..

Macclesfield NC
Username hidden
(19 posts)
VA I carry those little disposable toothbrushes in every purse I own right along with condoms, wet wipes, and floss among other things.

PG

Louisville KY
Username hidden
(17840 posts)
Right - they shouldn't look like they are going to a wedding or their senior prom. But they should have reasonably NICE clothes, and clean above all.

Teeth are a big deal to us. Someone who can't brush their damn teeth? C-YA

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19923 posts)
We aren't overly impressed by the "packaging" that people put themselves into. As others have stated, overdoing the cologne and makeup are definite turnoffs.

Most important is that a person is comfortable in what they're wearing. Casual clothing is not at all related to being dirty. Dressing up is not a good substitute for cleanliness.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
BLT2LAST:

Nothing I could tell you would properly explain to you what you're getting yourself into here..... just... don't.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19923 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Start   101 to 110 of 124   End
TOPIC: Dressing for a play date