Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Open Forum Do you prefer to meet in person over drinks or on the phone
TOPIC: Do you prefer to meet in person over drinks or on the phone
Created by: JayL1981
Original Starting post for this thread:
I'm asking this question because recently I had a booty call up and was contacted by a woman whom I had shared a few emails with. She then asked to meet up for drinks to see if we clicked, I was all for that.

Well she ended up asking me to call her and talk to her on the phone, so I did. She then said we didn't click.

Here's where the issue I have is, I'm not a phone person, I'd rather meet in person and have a casual conversation that way it's more comfortable to me and you effectively feel the vibe from the conversation from that person better (at least to me I can), but when you interview someone over the phone, it's very impersonal and I find it hard to do. There's nothing there to feed off of. Like I said, I'm not a phone person.

I'm the type of guy that likes to look a woman in her eyes when she talks and bounce our conversations off of each other.

How does one know if you click by not actually seeing them in person? I felt like I was being judged.

GoTo Page: 1 2 3 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 30   End
User Details are only visible to members.
we like to go to a bar/rest. meet and see if we all click. get a better feeling in person.

Jamaica NY
Username hidden
(882 posts)
In person...

Eye contact is essential for us. If you can't do it, we tend to be very leery!

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(8086 posts)
Wife and I run into issues with texting, neither of us are really into it and ergo ar not to good at it, so some times we either do not respond enough or timely enough, or we respond to verbosely. Over all, we generally just like to stick to basics, if we make contact through the site, we can exchange numbers and either arrange a meet through the site, or the women can exchange numbers and use the phone or text just to set a time and date. The Bulk of the communicating will occur on the "date". Hardly ever does the first or even the second date lead to play. We like to get to know you and then come home and use you to fuel our fantasies for a night or two before we let you in on the action. For us, this builds the tension and hopefully when we do play with you, it allows us to be more unrestrained and more apt to rock the foundations.

Blythe GA
Username hidden
(250 posts)
I always prefer to meet in person. There is no substitute for face to face contact. Looking into someone's eyes tells so much when you are talking, which of course can't be done over the phone. Use the phone or even texting can be handy but only as a prelude to meeting in person.

Chester NJ
Username hidden
(290 posts)
I rarely talk on the phone. Rarer still is when I will actually call someone. The only person I really talk to on the phone is my younger son who lives in Ohio. I have to force myself to call people if someone asks me to call. Agh.

Otherwise, I'll text, email, and meet. So, absolutely we'd rather meet in person.

Wow. I have something in common w/ Sed...hehehehe.

I do, however, like certain voices. Mr Sexus sounds sexy on the phone, and every so often I'll call him to ask him a question just to hear how he answers his phone at work. Quite the professional.

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(7570 posts)
We've only once been asked to "voice verify" - a new couple worried that we were not an on-board party of 2.

In my mind, "meeting" someone on the phone is not possibly. I could call a random number and "meet" someone.

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(20577 posts)
"I felt like I was being judged."

If it makes you feel any better, you're being judged during face-to-face meetings as well.

You're not a phone guy so in the future, don't accept invitations to phone chat before hand. If the other party doesn't accept that and doesn't want to meet you, no big deal since you were likely gonna blow the phone interview anyway, right?

T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3207 posts)
Phone sex?!

People still do it? Didn't 1990 take it back?

Rumson NJ
Username hidden
(17314 posts)
I don't like talking on the phone with someone I've never met in person. Like TotalBabe, I've run in to people who "demand" it but I've learned to just move on. I prefer getting to know someone via emails and IM, then move on to a face to face meeting.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(4449 posts)
Phone is for phone sex and in person is for real sex. If you are going to meet someone, as others have commented, it would be worth it to see there facial expression and to look into their eyes. If it is a safe place then was is the problem?

San Diego CA
Username hidden
(1 post)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 30   End
TOPIC: Do you prefer to meet in person over drinks or on the phone