Did you go shopping on Thanksgiving or at some crazy hour : Swingers Discussion 2122891021
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumDid you go shopping on Thanksgiving or at some crazy hour
TOPIC: Did you go shopping on Thanksgiving or at some crazy hour
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4
Start   21 to 30 of 33   End
User Details are only visible to members.
I worked retail for wayyyyyyyy to many years there is NOTHING I want so badly that I will get up that early or wait in line for. First off the deals you get you can get at other times generally without the hassle of Black Friday.

PG

Louisville KY
Username hidden
(17840 posts)
Can't say I blame the retailers either....at least not entirely. At a minimum, consumer and retailer share the blame equally. Black Friday is crack and the sale prices are the glass dick from which everyone wants a hit.

T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3202 posts)
Ditto, why blame the retailer? that's just weird. It's like suddenly doing business is a crime.

I don't shop on black Friday, never did. I was on the lookout for a Kitchenaid pasta maker set, and knew what the going price was. So when I came across it online earlier today and the price that they had it going for, I ordered it.

I have no intentions of leaving the house tomorrow, well I'll go to the gym and other places, just not going to be doing the black Friday thing, it's lunacy.

Allenhurst NJ
Username hidden
(16530 posts)
cpl:

I do not blame the retailers one bit. I blame the consumers who demand it. If nobody showed up, they wouldn't do it. But they do show up. Sort of a "If you build it (or open it), they will come" kinda dealy-o.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19557 posts)
I have absolutely no intention on shopping with the Black Friday crowd. I don't need to say $100 so badly that I'll get up at 3 AM to stand in line with thousands of angry people fighting for parking spaces shoving yelling etc.

No thanks.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19557 posts)
lol.

It didn't start with the intent to be a rant, just sort of ended up that way.

T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3202 posts)
Syntax error on line 39: "/end rant" tag with no corresponding "/start rant" tag found.

Moron Buenos Aires Argentina
Username hidden
(467 posts)
Nope. I more or less despise Black Friday. People camping out in line waiting for the doors to open like it's a grocery store in Soviet Russia. For what? A tv? An Xbox? I imagine that the people running the corporations that run these stores like to watch the people scurry about, chasing the bread crumbs that they've been kind enough to throw to the masses.

It's really become the most ironic day of the year, imo, as it showcases some of the absolute worst behavior in humanity. And it manages to accomplish this while marking the beginning of the holiday shopping season. You know, that time of year when we're supposed to be a little nicer to people and be full of cheer and all that other holiday stuff. Unless you grabbed the last laptop that's marked 70% off. Then I'm going to kick your ass for it. Merry Xmas, praise Jesus.

Even more ironically, this happens less than 24 hours after people spend half the day giving thanks for anything and everything in their lives. "I'm thankful for my family and friends. I'm thankful to have a job and my health. But most of all, I'm thankful that I'm the first person in line at Best Buy."

I've never once in my adult live ventured out for any of the Black Friday events. I don't shop at 3am and I definitely don't wait overnight in a parking lot so I can get into a store. In fact, the only time I've ever gone shopping at all on Black Friday was a few years ago when we adopted a dog. PetSmart was having a really nice sale but they kept their normal business hours. We showed up about an hour after they opened and the shelves were fully stocked and there was only a handfull of customers. We got some great deals on a bed, crate, chew toys, treats and all of the other essentials for a dog along with a few things that no dog really needs....like a reindeer costume. It was no different than being in there any other day of the year except that it cost us about $250 less than what we would have spent any other day of the year. So that was cool. And I didn't have to freeze my ass off in line overnight.

/end rant.

T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3202 posts)
I'll definitely be hitting Walmart in the A.M. When the doors open, I'll trample over some fat lady wearing sweatpants with "Juicy" written on the butt. It's a holiday tradition!

And the look on my wife's face on Christmas day when she opens that Eureka 3-in-1 Stick Vacuum that I got for $8.84 makes it all worth it!

Moron Buenos Aires Argentina
Username hidden
(467 posts)
Nope, hate the crowds at the mall/stores and it just feels like I'm out doing it "because" I have too. I prefer to do my gift choosing throughout the year...

Jacksonville FL
Username hidden
(2271 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4
Start   21 to 30 of 33   End
TOPIC: Did you go shopping on Thanksgiving or at some crazy hour