Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Open Forum Did you go shopping on Thanksgiving or at some crazy hour
TOPIC: Did you go shopping on Thanksgiving or at some crazy hour
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4
Start   11 to 20 of 33   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Slept in till 8am. Talked with my realtor around 9:30 about a commercial property walk though for Saturday. Played basketball at the gym at 3pm Went out to dinner with friends afterwards.

Toledo OH
Username hidden
(1440 posts)
Get up at 10am Have breakfast Get to Home Depot by noon for 'early bird', 'door buster' tools that actually are a great deal Get tools and check out in 30 minutes No crowds Go back home and work in shop rest of day

My Black Friday horror story.

East Fishkill NY
Username hidden
(3613 posts)
I switched from Hanckels to Wusthof. Hubby sharpens my knives. Wusthof knives are heavier and have a higher carbon content in the steel. I like how the handle to blade weight is balanced. I feel much more comfortable with a heavier knife. I have the chef collection complete.

Rumson NJ
Username hidden
(17243 posts)
I was actually looking at Global. They're Japanese. My late uncle taught high-end game cooking classes and had a short lived PBS series in the northeast and was always getting equipment to sample and critique. He turned me on to them years ago. I'm working with a set of Henckels 4 Star, but they're a bitch to keep a sharp edge.

Boston MA
Username hidden
(8974 posts)
BT, if it's knives you want then go with Cutco if you have the means. They're pricey, but the quality is 1st rate. Lifetime warranty and in the event that a blade goes dull, just send it to them for free sharpening or replacement. My mom had them when I was a kid and when I got out on my own she started me off with a few knives of my own. Over the years I've gradually added new knives here and there to my set and done away with the cheaper knives I had in their place. I'm now at the point where I've got a complete "basic" set along with a few extra knives. Will continue buying them until I've got a knife for every occasion and purpose.

As for my mom's set.....it's almost 40 years old and still going strong.

T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3207 posts)
Thanks for the clarification CPL. You young kids and your euphemisms... Still gonna pass on that though.

Thanks for the website Sed. If they have knives, I'm thinking of upgrading soon.

Boston MA
Username hidden
(8974 posts)
I own a glass dick, it ain't no crack pipe :)

Rumson NJ
Username hidden
(17243 posts)
lol BT. Glass dick = crack pipe.

T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3207 posts)
.yases.c om/kitchenaid-kpra-stand-mixer-attachment-pasta-roller/

If you have 3-5 mins, you should compare their price to any US retailer. Can't find that 3 piece set for less than 150 even used on eBay.

Happy Thanksgiving BT :)

Rumson NJ
Username hidden
(17243 posts)
Cpl, "...the glass dick from which everyone wants a hit."... Can I please be left out of this exclusive group? I'm not even sure what that means, nor do I wish to know. LOL.

I'm venturing out to meet some friends, but shopping won't be on the docket. Even when I lived in Bergen And Orange cos, the east and west coast mall meccas, I never did the Black Friday thing. On-line is so much easier and as Sed mentioned, you can get what you want at a comparable or better price.

Sed, where did you find the KA attachment? I think I bought mine years ago via Chef's Supply. Bought the steel roller and the circular plates.

Boston MA
Username hidden
(8974 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4
Start   11 to 20 of 33   End
TOPIC: Did you go shopping on Thanksgiving or at some crazy hour