Did you go shopping on Thanksgiving or at some crazy hour : Swingers Discussion 212289101
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumDid you go shopping on Thanksgiving or at some crazy hour
TOPIC: Did you go shopping on Thanksgiving or at some crazy hour
Created by: CTplaycouple
Original Starting post for this thread:
We all like Black Friday bargains and the stores are keeping open even on the holiday or from midnight on. Did you go shopping at at a time when the stores are normally closed? Jobs are tough to get these days so most workers can't complain about having to go to work on Thanksgiving or at midnight Friday morning. Of course, our own money is valuable too. Do you care when you shop? SHOULD you care? Are employees expected to work whatever hours stores are open? Did you get a bargain you couldn't have gotten at a more normal hour? Tell us about how you shop and why.

GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4
 1 to 10 of 33   End
User Details are only visible to members.
For the past 20+ years black Friday has always been, and hopefully always will be, the day we have lunch with old HS or college buddies who are in town to see their own families. we cherish the day which starts with lunch and always seems to lead to a small party by evening.

Shopping: NEVER.

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(2169 posts)
I did end up going out on Black Friday....sort of. On Thanksgiving, Lowe's already had some of their Black Friday deals listed on their website and I came across a bar stool that looked nice and was 50% off. So I ordered 2 and then went to the store the next day to pick them up. The parking lot looked like it was just any other day of the year....maybe a dozen to 2 dozen cars. Wal Mart is on the other end of this shopping center and the parking lot was overflowing. Looked like total madness over there, and this was early afternoon, too.

T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3199 posts)
i do not shop on black friday, or weekends around the holidays. i would rather spend more then deal with that craziness. i try to get most of my shopping done before thanksgiving, and do alot of shopping online.

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(2051 posts)
Thanks, Debbie Downer!

Carrie

Corpus Christi TX
Username hidden
(17879 posts)
79% of items purchased on that day and Monday online are not to be given as gifts. They are for the individual making the purchase.

Merry Christmas.

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
"I have absolutely no intention on shopping with the Black Friday crowd. I don't need to say $100 so badly that I'll get up at 3 AM to stand in line... '

^^^^ This.

One commonly forgotten component in the actual cost of goods is time. Time is money, and to forfeit it to save a percentage of monetary benefit amounts to a wash at best. Online shopping is much more efficient in a number of ways.

Emeryville CA
Username hidden
(12207 posts)
I haven't even started shopping nor do I know what I'm getting most of the people on my list.

PG

Louisville KY
Username hidden
(17839 posts)
I did a lot of shopping yesterday, while we were driving down the road.

Carrie

Corpus Christi TX
Username hidden
(17879 posts)
I went to Wal-Mart at about noon on Friday to order some glasses for the 3 year old.

Got a parking space about 6 slots down from the front door. Lots of spaces that close.

A lot of the cashiers were just standing around.

Not busy at all...

Lakeside CA
Username hidden
(17357 posts)
Nope, I was enjoying the days around Thanksgiving with my two sons. No amount of shopping will ever compare!

Jacksonville FL
Username hidden
(2271 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4
 1 to 10 of 33   End
TOPIC: Did you go shopping on Thanksgiving or at some crazy hour