Did You Have a Mentor Couple : Swingers Discussion 217536
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumDid You Have a Mentor Couple
TOPIC: Did You Have a Mentor Couple
Created by: vabeachcouple33
Original Starting post for this thread:
Did you have a couple who helped get you going in the lifestyle?

We had one which we explored a lot with (but not full swap), and we had another full swap couple who put up with a lot of our bullshit while we sorted things out. We are eternally grateful to them in helping us through our first year. We were drama queens for some time, and they put up with us while we worked it out. Bless them.

We also had another couple who gave us what can best be described as a "brain dump" - telling us what they understood about the lifestyle and all that comes with it. While we never played with them again, we see them out on occasion, and always make a point of saying hello. Although they barely remember us, I think, we remember them.

How about you?

GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 15   End
User Details are only visible to members.
We weren't scared either, might have sort of jumped into it a bit slowly, but once we went to our first party, it was game on all the way. I would say that we might be considered as a "mentor" maybe to a few newer younger couples, but if people don't ask advice, we certainly don't push ourselves on them to give it. We enjoy talking about swinging and the funny and weird and sexy and hot experiences, but to actually lead someone, well, what fun is that?

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(7453 posts)
No. We, apparently, are one of the few couples who knew exactly what they wanted, when entering the lifestyle. We weren't scared and we didn't have a bunch of questions. Most people we played with, in the beginning, couldn't believe we were newbies.

Carrie

Corpus Christi TX
Username hidden
(17915 posts)
We didn't have a mentor couple, but I can see where it would have been very helpful many years ago. Maybe its something in the way that I'm wired. I've had mentors in every other aspect of my life, it only seems to make sense.

Toledo OH
Username hidden
(1429 posts)
I don't think I'd use the word "mentoring" we didn't need advice, a list of rules ,hows, shoulds and shouldn'ts. What we were fortunate enough to have is an excellent party host who made us feel welcomed, introduced us around and took care to see we enjoyed ourselves. At a party with over 300 guests, all of them strangers it was a very nice gesture and something I believe all good hosts do in both the vanilla world and swinging.Sadly it is not common in our experience. We've moved several times, visiting dozens of new clubs and have never again meet a host couple who cared one way or the other if a newcomer to their facility knew anyone or not, had any questions or even knew the layout . They take take your money and hope you can find your way to the bathroom. Although we are perfectly capable of finding our own way there is something to be said for people who take a moment to introduce you to others and make you feel welcomed. As newbies that made for a very positive first experience on the party scene and something I think more people should do when hosting.

Mrs Sav

Anniston AL
Username hidden
(5480 posts)
nope just sort of plunged in. Did read a lot on the forums, in amongst the flirting and arguing there is some pretty decent information on here from time to time. We have however while I wouldn't consider it "mentoring" have met up with couples newer to swinging to answer some questions for them, and hopefully they found talking with us to be helpful. Trooper has been the first for several ladies. I usually stay away from the inexperienced guys but might be making an exception to that soon lol.

PG

Louisville KY
Username hidden
(17840 posts)
When we first started exploring swinging we actually ran in to a couple that MrP has know most of his life. We contacted them and they helped us out tremendously. We have had other couples along the way that have answered specific questions regarding different types of play but mainly we hit up the same couple for any questions. It helped to meet someone that we knew we could trust to show us the ropes and not have a lot drama.

MrsP

New Albany IN
Username hidden
(262 posts)
I wouldn't say we had a mentor but sweet NicAtNight answered about a billion questions for both of us at various times.

Cincinnati OH
Username hidden
(3987 posts)
no mentor for us. we were having 3somes with males and females before we even knew about this "lifestyle".

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(2062 posts)
I tried to explain our outlook on the subject, that mentoring is not for us, for the reasons that I listed ;).

Allenhurst NJ
Username hidden
(16541 posts)
I suck at reading between the lines and picking up on 'plays on words'

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19568 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 15   End
TOPIC: Did You Have a Mentor Couple