Denied Job Because She Couldn't Fit Into Uniform : Swingers Discussion 210167
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumDenied Job Because She Couldn't Fit Into Uniform
TOPIC: Denied Job Because She Couldn't Fit Into Uniform
Created by: Seduction4Two
Original Starting post for this thread:
"Jennifer Rogers, 20, looked great on paper for a job at the Tilted Kilt, a sports bar in Palm Desert, Calif. She made it through the application process and did well in her interviews, but when she went to try on the restaurant's uniform, she encountered a problem.

"Because the skirt was a size too small, they said that I could not work there," Rogers told KESQ News. "I couldn't wear the uniform."

Rogers was denied a position at the Tilted Kilt based on a federal law that allows companies to deny employment to individuals that do not fit their brand image, according to KESQ. By hiring waiters and waitresses as entertainers instead of servers, restaurants are legally permitted to not hire applicants that don’t match the job's physical requirements. The Titled Kilt goes as far as calling the company uniform a “costume,” ABC News reports.

“Kilt Girls are the cornerstone of the Tilted Kilt brand,” Tilted Kilt’s corporate office stated in a release obtained by ABC News. “Tilted Kilt specifically hires females for the role of the Kilt Girl who fit our profile, which includes being attractive, intelligent and having outgoing personalities."

GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 15   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Hmmmm~what does pasta with beer sauce taste like?

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19241 posts)
since when is it not ok to have pasta and Beer? or is that a Jersey thing?

Burlingham NY
Username hidden
(9680 posts)
The formal wear or the pasta?

Land O Lakes FL
Username hidden
(19166 posts)
"I don't understand why she applied, and when she couldn't fit into the uniform it made the news. "

Quite possibly, she applied precisely for this very reason. Some people go looking for trouble just so they can try to martyr themselves as some kind of civil rights leader.

I'm waiting to hear back from my lawyers about my pending Chippendales lawsuit.

Land O Lakes FL
Username hidden
(19166 posts)
I don't understand why she applied, and when she couldn't fit into the uniform it made the news.

I think that Frank is trying to say that it made the news because there was a slow day in the media? I don't know how that's possible during election time. But perhaps I'm misunderstanding.

Allenhurst NJ
Username hidden
(16299 posts)
I have no idea what Frank just tried to write.

No offense to heavier women but the uniform at the Tilted Kilt demands a rather slim figure. I doubt too many patrons would prefer the uniform on someone it's too small for.

Whitehouse Station NJ
Username hidden
(4489 posts)
Exactly, that's why I don't get why the media is trying to make an issue out of it!

Allenhurst NJ
Username hidden
(16299 posts)
while i dont think it is fair to have those restrictions to work somewhere, if it was one of the rules, then she shouldnt be upset about it.

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(2044 posts)
Honestly, I don't understand why she's upset, she is unable to fit into the uniform. Isn't it one of the per-requisites?

Allenhurst NJ
Username hidden
(16299 posts)
She could be a intern for Billy Boy...

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19241 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 15   End
TOPIC: Denied Job Because She Couldn't Fit Into Uniform