Deadbeat dad pleads guilty Owes over 1 million : Swingers Discussion 2175031071
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumDeadbeat dad pleads guilty Owes over 1 million
TOPIC: Deadbeat dad pleads guilty Owes over 1 million
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Start   71 to 80 of 83   End
User Details are only visible to members.
"The amount to be deducted is determined by a judge, and some judges are pretty harsh to the men. Some women move to a different county to get a specific judge to get the most they can. As in one case I am familiar with."

Glad I didn't get divorced in MN. Did mine in Washington St and I gotta say, when it comes to child support, they seem to have a good system in place. They basically add mother and father income for a "joint" income total. Of that total dollar amount, X amount of money is for each child. Then they look at the percentage of total income each parent provides and determine the support based on that percentage.

So let's say I make $2000/month and my ex makes $1000/month for $3000 total. We have 2 kids and it's determined by some magical chart that each kid in our income bracket "costs" $500 per month to raise for a total of $1000 per month.

Since we have a "joint" income of $3000 and I make 66% of that, I am obligated to pay 66% of the $1000 per month that it takes to raise 2 kids, or $660.

That's the basically the starting point. They also factored in transportation costs and additional household income (say if my ex has a live-in boyfriend, roommate, etc) that makes financial contributions to the household.

All-in-all, I really can't complain about the process used to determine what I pay or the amount I was ordered to pay. Some states are downright draconian when it comes to child support.

T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3199 posts)
"multiple penalties and interest charges"

It doesn't say what the original amount owed was.

I've never had to deal with paying child support myself, but as an employer having to deduct and send off child support, I can tell you that many "dead beat dads" really aren't as "dead beat" as they are portrayed.

The amount to be deducted is determined by a judge, and some judges are pretty harsh to the men. Some women move to a different county to get a specific judge to get the most they can. As in one case I am familiar with.

True case...

Penalties and interest? The mother had so many partners she has no idea who the father is. She collected welfare for years until one day the state demands she find the father.

Off to test 6 possible fathers that they can locate, no idea how to find her other partners during the time period in question. (estimated at 8 more). One tested has 98% probability of being the father. "Guilty"- you pay child support and interest and penalties for the past 12 years until the child reaches age 18.

Doesn't matter that he had since married and has a wife and other kids. The first child "deserves" a higher % of the father's pay than subsequent children. Child support amount was calculated on wages he earned in a very good economy when the father earned a lot more than when the economy went to hell and the issue came up.

Judge wants to know why, in 12 years he didn't bother to find out if he had fathered a child with any of his partners. Judge is pissed at him, and has nothing but praise for the mother, who never even attempted to find out who the father was. Hell she had so many partners she didn't know where to begin.

Take home pay of the father to support a family of 4 after deducting child support- $135/week, plus he has to add the child to his health insurance.

BTW, the mother had to attempt to find the fathers of 3 other kids she had. I never did learn if they identified the other 3 fathers and got child support from them.

Dead beat? Not in my opinion. Who the hell waits 12 years before seeking the father?

Think about that when reading the "breeding" thread(s).

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(3843 posts)
lol @ "Mr. T"

"I pity the fool...."

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(18806 posts)
Mr.T

If you only knew the half of it. HFT created an entire thread to women's menopause, he literally fought with every single person that tried knocking sense into him. His shtick? all women start menopause at 45, they become horrible monstrosities and gobble up men until nothing is left.

It was one of those very entertaining threads.

Allenhurst NJ
Username hidden
(16378 posts)
OMG, his name is Robert!

Allenhurst NJ
Username hidden
(16378 posts)
I'm really amazed that some people even know how to get on the internet.

T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3199 posts)
That is one of the reasons that boys make babies and think that they can skip town and not pay the child support.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7253 posts)
It doesn't matter. While I don't feel sorry for the guy, what Robert proposes conflicts with so many laws it's about on the same footing as proposing we erect a 500-foot tall statue of Barney the Dinosaur. It ain't gonna happen.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(18806 posts)
Dude doesn't pay his child support for 10 yrs, but you think he'll gladly fork over prison rent?

T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3199 posts)
Work release program for him. Until it is paid off, he ought to be required to remain in prison when not being employed and working. Pay for his own meals and incarceration, pay for his own medical, ect...

I have little sympathy for dead beat dads and will stop short of mandatory sterilization.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7253 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Start   71 to 80 of 83   End
TOPIC: Deadbeat dad pleads guilty Owes over 1 million