Dancing with the Swingers! : Swingers Discussion 1880181081
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumDancing with the Swingers!
TOPIC: Dancing with the Swingers!
GoTo Page: Less ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... More 
Start   81 to 90 of 270   End
User Details are only visible to members.
We had a great week of dancing! In our lessons we worked on west coast swing, quickstep and mambo. We're also doing a lot of work on skills like Cuban motion, back spot turns and pivot turns.

During the holidays, a family member asked us to define what cuban motion is... it's kind of tough to explain, but I tried my best and my wife and I demonstrated. It is taking a step onto a bent leg (which is not natural), and then before you take your next step you straighten your bent leg and bend your straight leg as you take the next step. This alternating of bending and straightening sends a wave of motion throughout your body... and it's very sexy! There's also, I believe, a difference between a man's and a woman's Cuban motion. The masculine Cuban motion is more in the legs and rib cage, the woman's is more in the hips and ass. Anyway, we are pretty good in slower dances like rumba, but in faster dances, like mambo and cha-cha, we're not quite there.

The highlight of the evening was the practice party when we danced a Viennese waltz to the theme song from Cold Case. It's a powerful song and we loved twisting and turning around the room as it was playing.

Next week we are going to LA... part business and also some vacation. On all the free nights we have lined up places to go dancing. We're looking forward to it!

Gibsonia PA
Username hidden
(6773 posts)
yes, please, Fun - RUB IT IN!

Gibsonia PA
Username hidden
(6773 posts)
glad you had a good time Leeza's!

I haven't danced in what seems like forever.

PG

Louisville KY
Username hidden
(17640 posts)
"We're really sore today."

Rub it in. :)

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10774 posts)
Happy New Year!

We're really sore today. We went to a dance party last night. Our muscles and joints hurt from hours of dancing. There were also several collisions and our feet were stepped on a few times. We had a great time and plan to do a lot of dancing in 2012!

Gibsonia PA
Username hidden
(6773 posts)
awesome...id love to watch y'all dance. As I have said...dancing to me is as wonderful as sex. Ohhh how I adore it. It is so sensual, so sexual and liberating. So wonderful.

San Marcos TX
Username hidden
(23995 posts)
It great to see you both having fun, Joan!

There are so many times we end up laughing at the studio, when we screw up a step, when I was kicked in the balls during an Argentine tango gancho (leg kick), and there's always the chance of grabbing something that is not planned (lots of accidental hands on boobs!).

Recently we went to a local competitive dance event. We danced eleven different dances. Most of them went pretty well. I remember getting so many compliments after dancing the mambo-- we have not done very much mambo, except in group classes. Despite being inexperienced, we danced an elaborate, and fast paced pattern. All the turns and moves were well balanced and there was some some sexy styling too. Anyway, the marks were low, which surprised me. Our instructor said, "It would have been great if we were dancing salsa, but..." Oh shit! We were off time! I was so busy thinking about the pattern, footwork, flirty and dirty arm and body movements, that I forgot to stay in time. The mambo timing is tricky... you hold the count of 1 and move on the count of 2. We laughed it off, but deep down it bothers me. Oh well, we learn from our mistakes...

That's a great mix of dances in your learning program, Joan. I'm sure your studio will expose you to the basics of fox trot and waltz, too. Have fun!

Gibsonia PA
Username hidden
(6773 posts)
Friday, we had a private lesson. We dont get there as often as we like, but when we can : ) we are so there. We love it for many reasons, plus we laugh all the time* We choose to start with the latin section. salsa, rumba, merengue, cha cha, hustle. Weve held off the tango as we figured, lets figure out the first few and that will build us to work on the tango. Its been great. They have a competition in March, we are thinking of going, just to watch. Kinda exciting* Vs off the next week or so, so we will make a few classes!

Its been great. Thats for your input in encouraging us*

joan*

Mantoloking NJ
Username hidden
(7752 posts)
I would love to dance with you someday, Mr L

Ocean City NJ
Username hidden
(4928 posts)
Ooh, may I cut in, peghey?

Gibsonia PA
Username hidden
(6773 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... More 
Start   81 to 90 of 270   End
TOPIC: Dancing with the Swingers!