Dancing with the Swingers! : Swingers Discussion 1880181071
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumDancing with the Swingers!
TOPIC: Dancing with the Swingers!
GoTo Page: Less ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... More 
Start   71 to 80 of 270   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Seems an odd mix but Im watching*

I feel a bit more qualified to judge some of the latin dances this year lol

joan*

Mantoloking NJ
Username hidden
(962 posts)
Here's the cast for season 14:

Music legend Gladys Knight, and I heard through the grapevine that the Pips were the ones who inspired her to dance. Former "Little House on the Prairie" star Melissa Gilbert said she was a bit nervous. Tennis legend Martina Navratilova said that her sports muscles would give her an edge. "The View" host Sherri Shepherd says she loves to dance and said she needs Barbara Walters to help her. Opera singer Katherine Jenkins wasn't on hand, but she's already performed on the show. Host and former beauty queen Maria Menounos stepped on Burke Charvet's foot as she was introduced. Is this a sign? ...and will she dance in her bikini?

"Melrose Place" star and celebrity golfer Jack Wagner was sizing people up, while surprise dancer, Steve Urkel himself Jaleel White told host Robin Roberts that "Dancing With the Stars" is his moms' favorite show. Green Bay Packers all time legendary receiver Donald Driver (who is no Hines Ward) will put on his dancing shoes, as well as Disney star Roshon Fegan. Gavin Degraw and William Levy will bring their talent to the dance floor as well.

As far as their partners, Gilbert is partnered with the controversial Maksim Chmerkovskiy, Wagner will be dancing with the lovely Anna Trebunskya and Driver will get Peta Murgatroyd. Shepherd will be dancing with the "mellow Chmerkovskiy," Val. Degraw will get last season's champion Karina Smirnoff, who was joking about how hard she was on him last night. In rehearsal, of course! Navratilova will be partnered with Tony Dovolani and Fegan with Chelsie Hightower. Menounos will get former champion Derek Hough, making them just the prettiest couple in some time. White is paired with Kym Johnson while Knight will dance with Tristan McManus. Jenkins will waltz with Mark Ballas and Levy with Cheryl Burke.

We're looking forward to watching. It's always amazing how much progress they make from start to finish. My early favorite is Maria and Derek.

Gibsonia PA
Username hidden
(6938 posts)
*sigh* I always love your dancing posts, Mr. Leeza!

Ocean City NJ
Username hidden
(5306 posts)
The cast for the next season of DWTS will be announced next week. We are looking forward to watching.

We have been working hard on a tango routine that we will eventually bring to competition. We are now familiar with the basics and know a few patterns in many different dances and we're now learning more advanced techniques, timing and rhythm variations (syncopations). For example, when you first learn the hustle, you take four steps in four counts of music... the syncopated hustle is faster and smoother (less bouncy) and we take four steps in three beats of the music.

It's frustrating, and we can understand the meltdowns that are often dramatized on the TV show.

Lately we have been working on pivot turns... done correctly they look really amazing. For that reason they're often done on DWTS. We can do them, but not always progressing straight down the line of dance with good posture and balance. Even though the man leads and the woman follows, whoever's moving forward has to take a driving step to provide enough momentum to continue progressing... so it's more advanced following on the lady's part. Our right inner thighs are locked together... depending on the speed of the music it can feel like an amusement park ride.

We want dancing last weekend and had a great time.

Gibsonia PA
Username hidden
(6938 posts)
I am all a-swoon. *burp*

Ocean City NJ
Username hidden
(5306 posts)
Peg, if we ever meet I will teach you the moves to my new dance, the bulldog. It consists of me grinding on your leg.

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10938 posts)
Mr. Leeza, if we ever meet, you better teach me the moves to Mustang Sally!

Ocean City NJ
Username hidden
(5306 posts)
I'm glad you're having fun, Joan!

We're in Southern California and I've been golfing every day and dancing every night while my wife is in business meetings. Her work will be over soon and then we can both vacation together.

There are lots more places to go dancing here than in Pittsburgh. I've been out salsa dancing and another place I found does a great variety of ballroom dances. They do a lot of west coast swing dancing here (I guess it figures...duh). We have just started learning west coast swing and when it's done right, it is a slinky, sexy dance. I picked up a few moves by watching. The best song for west coast is Mustang Sally.

I have some time to kill before I go out tonight... I think I'll go test drive a Tesla.

Gibsonia PA
Username hidden
(6938 posts)
lol.. after reading that.. we will stick with the easy dances!! We were totally inspired by the Leezas. With all the good it does, lets not forget the total body workout! Its another great tool for foreplay and laughter* Good Luck to you both in the competitions*

joan*

Mantoloking NJ
Username hidden
(962 posts)
I think it's cool whenever a couple has a mutual interest in something, and y'all have found a hobby that is great. It involves physical activity and exercise, getting out with other people, coordination, closeness, and g-rated foreplay. Even a klutz-dancer like me enjoys reading your column.

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10938 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... More 
Start   71 to 80 of 270   End
TOPIC: Dancing with the Swingers!