Dancing with the Swingers! : Swingers Discussion 1880181031
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumDancing with the Swingers!
TOPIC: Dancing with the Swingers!
GoTo Page: Less ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... More 
Start   31 to 40 of 270   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Dancing With The Stars begins a new season tonight and an interesting twist (pun intended) is that the cast consists of former champions and fan favorites. Here's the cast and the Vegas odds to win: •Apolo Anton Ohno 9/2 •Helio Castroneves 5/1 •Emmitt Smith 6/1 •Shawn Johnson 6/1 •Drew Lachey 15/2 •Joey Fatone 15/2 •Giles Marini 9/1 •Kirstie Alley 14/1 •Kelly Monaco 15/1 •Sabrina Bryan 15/1 •Melissa Rycroft 18/1 •Bristol Palin 25/1 •Pamela Anderson 40/1

Pamela Anderson is the only non-finalist on this season's show. Tonight they will dance either a cha-cha or a foxtrot. I think it will be fun to watch, since all the contestants already know how to dance and the quality will be good from the start.

My mom started watching the show when Apolo Ohno was on because she has a crush on him...

As for us, we are continuing to learn a variety of dances. We just completed the third level of Bronze (intermediate) for 10 different dances. Our scores were pretty good. My wife's favorite dance is the sexy Argentine tango and I like the Viennese waltz best. If my wife's surgically repaired knee can take it we may compete again next year sometime.

Gibsonia PA
Username hidden
(6923 posts)
heehee, i just ghetto hoochie dance under rum inspiration at the club

Username hidden
(23992 posts)
welcome back Mr and Mrs Leeza :)

Sounds like you had a wonderful time!

I'm dancing my brains out getting ready for performances at the end of the month.

PG

Louisville KY
Username hidden
(17840 posts)
One of the first things we did when we got home was watch the last 3 weeks of DWTS that we missed. All of the dancers did great. We were surprised that Maria Menounos got cut and didn't make the finals, after she got the highest scores and made the most progress.

Both my wife and I thought that Katherine Jenkins was the best dancer, and we did not agree with the judges about Donald Driver's country shuffle in the finals-- we thought it looked jerky and frantic. But... the judges gave it all 10s and the public voted for it. It was nice to see him win since he has been a big fan of the show since the first season.

As for us, we danced every night on the cruise ship. We had a choice of dancing with an orchestra in a large ballroom, or at a nightclub which also had a live band nightly. We usually went to the ballroom and did a lot of waltz, foxtrot, Viennese waltz, rumba, tango, argentine tango, cha-cha and quickstep. We really had not done a lot of quickstep, but many if the songs the orchestra played were quickstep and we got a lot better as we continued to get out on the floor. Quickstep is a fast travelling dance and I got real good at negotiating traffic on the often crowded dance floor. I also learned that we are getting pretty good at tango... not many people danced to the tango music and once we were even out there alone and got applause when we finished. The people that we sat with at dinner often came to watch us dance, which was nice.

On the travel days at sea, there were dance lessons given by the professional dancers on the ship. We got to learn a bit of international style... which starts with the opposite foot and all dances are in hold (unlike the "stylized" American version of dances with a lot of open and separation breaks). It was tough to break habits, but we did OK.

Next year on DWTS they will be bringing back former champions and fan favorites from past seasons. I think this will mean that the quality of dancing will be very high from the start. Lookout for the people that did well but didn't win-- they will want to make that best of the second chance they have been given!

Gibsonia PA
Username hidden
(6923 posts)
need to see about posting some new pics I'm sure we will be taking some while we are in FL in a couple of weeks.

BLM I'd like to shine something of yours ;)

PG

Louisville KY
Username hidden
(17840 posts)
"been busy dancing my ass off".

i'd like to be the judge of that.

Orlando FL
Username hidden
(5239 posts)
I think more like a shiny penny PG

Livermore CA
Username hidden
(3739 posts)
I'm like a bad penny I turn up from time to time ;)

Been busy dancing my ass off!

Louisville KY
Username hidden
(17840 posts)
For you, PG... anything!

Last week's show was Classical Week and I enjoyed watching. William, Donald and Jaleel danced my favorite dance-- the Viennese waltz. I like it because it is one of the most elegant dances, but it's also very difficult and requires athleticism.

William Levy had the best posture, frame and footwork. Donald Driver's partner Peta choreographed a very difficult pattern and they did well. Jaleel had a poor frame, bad footwork and you could see the contrast that he did not travel (or dance "big") as Donald and William did. Jaleel had a few good weeks, but this poor dance got him booted off the show.

The best dance of the night was a paso doble by Maria Menounos and Derek. They were the first to get a perfect score from the judges. For the second time they have been asked to do an encore performance during the results show. Instead of dancing the exact same dance, each time Maria and Derek do something a little different... and I like that.

The team formation dances were incredible. I don't know how they put that together and do so well with only one week to prepare.

Gibsonia PA
Username hidden
(6923 posts)
Hey, PG!! Great to see you.

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10938 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... More 
Start   31 to 40 of 270   End
TOPIC: Dancing with the Swingers!