Dancing with the Swingers! : Swingers Discussion 18801810251
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumDancing with the Swingers!
TOPIC: Dancing with the Swingers!
GoTo Page: Less ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... More 
Start   251 to 260 of 270   End
User Details are only visible to members.
I really like Chaz as he finally seems happy within. I do not think his knees are going to hold out. I wish they started with the easy dances first, so the stars can build up. David, just seems wired and uncomfortable. I love Ricki Lake! I dislike Elizabetha. Rob K seemed ok but I havent listened to him enough to make a decison. I do think his sisters fools. Nancy.. well... she did get better! Love Chynna! Hope does seem to be getting better as well. I also like the burn actor. I think hes the one to watch. Carlson fun to watch. I think its anyone game right now.

joan*

Mantoloking NJ
Username hidden
(7757 posts)
This some good info.. I'm going to really try and watch it for the first time this season tonight.

Livermore CA
Username hidden
(3698 posts)
Real good summary, ZZ.

I was dancing last night, so I watched the show this morning.

Hope and Maks did well despite a short week of practice due to Hope's USA Soccer Team commitment. She is getting the "hot or not" or "would you do her" debate... I sure say "HOT and YES."

Chaz and David Arquette did not look good. If Chaz survives, he may hang on longer with some kind of gimmick-- like dancing to a Cher song would definitely provide some intrigue.

It was impressive how much Elisabetta and Nancy Grace both improved.

Rikki Lake did well, and is losing weight and looking good. The only thing I don't like is that I notice that sometimes her professional partner overshadows her with his fancy turns and elaborate footwork... the contrast is noticeable-- I think he should tone it down a bit and dance "with" her more. I am only an intermediate level dancer, but I have learned that my main job is to present the woman and make HER the center of attention.

Carson is very entertaining. I hope he improves and lasts a while.

I was most impressed with JR Martinez, especially the difficulty of his routine. After seeing Len's criticism (that it was a lindy hop), I watched it over again. I thought Len was being too picky, because most of it was jive. But what do I know...

And ZZ, I agree with you about the Kardashian kid... I hope he gets booted soon.

Gibsonia PA
Username hidden
(6845 posts)
Lost, just love that photo. You kick ass in red - glad you are getting out to boogie again. It is such good medicine for both body and soul."

Thank you! I can NEVER, EVER get Jay to take a serious picture to save his friggin life LOL. He is like Calvin in Calvin and Hobbes...this was his Calvin picture LOL. Remember, when they would try and take a family picture...this is my loving husband's version LOL. We will never grow up I think. That top...its my old stand by LOL. It looks good and is baggy, so if I'm not feeling like sucking in da gut, you cant tell LOL

Username hidden
(23994 posts)
There's a dance studio (not the one we go to) near where we live that has a sign out front that says, "Learn To Swing- Singles and Couples Welcome." We always get a laugh when we pass by it.

The Viennese waltz has become my favorite dance. It is difficult to learn, and you spin like a top as you travel around the line of dance. I love the feeling of the centrifugal force that is generated. It spins so fast that many people have trouble with dizziness. It's also physically demanding-- at the end of group classes where we learn a V-waltz pattern, many are sweating and out of breath.

Tonight on Dancing With The Stars they are doing jive and quickstep. We have not done much jive, except in group classes, but we enjoy quickstep! Like V-waltz, quickstep travels fast around the room. Deb, you mentioned that you learned fox trot-- the quickstep basic has the same timing (slow, slow, quick, quick), the same frame and it zig-zags around the line of dance.

My wife's gone until Thursday, but I'll be going to two group classes and group practice tonight. I'll watch DWTS on the DVR late tonight.

BLM- you mentioned that the music drew you in to dance swing. I have found that a song that you enjoy helps you dance more enthusiastically. I really love dancing triple-step swing to Personal Jesus by The Cure, the cha-cha to Lady Gaga's song Poker Face, samba to Madonna's La Isla Bonita, or Viennese waltz to You and Me by Lifehouse or Enya's song Flora's Secret.

elc- that's funny, and I suppose dancing and swinging are similar when it comes to swapping partners-- we blend better with some partners more than others.

peghey- sounds like a fun evening, and a good way to start the week. ;^) We have had a few lessons from guest instructors who were champion dancers, and it's amazing how quickly we improved. I also enjoyed watching my wife do a fox trot with the national champion and he led her into advances steps that I can only hope to learn someday.

Joan, I look forward to a sexy rumba with you!

And, Shel, it's nice to see you smile! :^)

Gibsonia PA
Username hidden
(6845 posts)
Im a fan of DWTS, V reads during it. I enjoy the show, the music and the outfits : ) and now that we are taking lessons I bet its easier to see who really does well!

I thought Chaz did ok. His foot work ok, his lines ok. BUT what I did see was the HUGE smile across his face and thats what made me like him. He seems to be having fun and thats what it is all about. I do not think he will win, unless he gets ALOT better but, imho* trying counts! My xhusband was a homophobe. If I put my son in a pink shirt at 3 he'd swear his son would be gay. I asked him if it would be worse if his son had cancer or was gay? He said gay. From that day forward I knew no matter what my kids were, I was loving them unconditionally. I cant see any Mom wanting this but... who saw Chasity? who knew if she was happy? content within? her beliefs? But I see Chaz, out and about. Chatting about his beliefs and supporting others and I see him smile. I do think the surgery was the right thing for him. WOuld be hard but Id accept it.

Getting to know Mr Mrs Leezas and their enjoyment with their competitive dancing, made us go out and take lessons. We aren't competing : ) But we are having sooo much fun and we are getting better! Rumba anyone?? lol

enjoy joan*

Mantoloking NJ
Username hidden
(7757 posts)
The only part of dancing at a meet and greet that can suck is when they do group/switch dancing. I think it's great fun right up until you come face to face with some stuck up Barbie who doesn't like my look and she doesn't have the stones to enjoy the dance. I almost told the last one to go stand in the corner until she could behave or I'd tie her to a chair and let the room fuck er'.

Grantham NH
Username hidden
(1470 posts)
Peggy.. there is nothing the Blues Clubs in Memphis .. except the ribs there.. There are some fun Blues Clubs in the New England States that are fun to go and dance. If you're ever up that way you may wanna try Smoken Joe's in Brighton.. they have good BBQ too.

Hey Leeza .. I took lessons in Swing dancing cause I love the music.. and after watching Dancin with the Stars for a couple seasons I wanna try the viennese waltz. Looks so hot!

Livermore CA
Username hidden
(3698 posts)
Lost, just love that photo. You kick ass in red - glad you are getting out to boogie again. It is such good medicine for both body and soul.

Ocean City NJ
Username hidden
(5232 posts)
Fantastic night; fantastic morning. Work tomorrow- oh well..."

heehee, I love those Mondays though!!!

Username hidden
(23994 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... More 
Start   251 to 260 of 270   End
TOPIC: Dancing with the Swingers!