Dancing with the Swingers! : Swingers Discussion 188018
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumDancing with the Swingers!
TOPIC: Dancing with the Swingers!
Created by: Leeza
Original Starting post for this thread:
This thread is for those who enjoy dancing... from elegant ballroom to sexy pole dancing.

Share your own dance experiences.

Did you watch Dancing With The Stars? If so, what did you think?

Is there a particular song that makes you want to get up and dance, or one that makes you want to get down and do a horizontal mambo...

GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 270   End
User Details are only visible to members.
it was actually too acrobatic for me. But fun to watch.

I don't usually watch Dancing with the Stars, my niece texted me to turn it on.

PG

Louisville KY
Username hidden
(17840 posts)
PG- we knew you'd like Aly's pole dance... the acrobatics were impressive, but we thought that the choreography was a bit goofy at times.

We thought that Kellie's freestyle was the best that we've ever seen. It was sexy, expressive and flowed well. The transitions from one move to another and the complicated syncopations were mesmerizing. We liked the part where she seemed to defy gravity. She deserves to win.

Zendaya danced well... we liked her samba, but Kellie is in a class by herself. We admire her pro partner dancing despite being injured in rehearsals... he didn't look so good.

We'll be watching...

Gibsonia PA
Username hidden
(6938 posts)
I've had the pleasure of watching Shelly and her adorable husband enjoy the dance floor. It's clear they both love to dance!

I watched the finale of DWTS this evening and was pretty disappointed with most of the freestyles, which are typically the highlight of the season. I thought Jacoby allowed the other dancers to spend too much time in the spotlight and he actually didn't have a lot of content in his own dancing, plus he his moves were sloppy. (I was amused to see one of the girls who danced on Dance Moms show up as his Tap dance partner). I thought Aly's dance was different and certainly required her athletic strength but I wished there was more dance and more interesting choreography. I thought Zendaya's was pretty good but she had just danced the cha-cha relay and now she was spending 2/3rds of her freestyle doing more cha-cha... It didn't feel fresh or exciting. Which freestyle did I LOVE? Derek and Kellie. Wow. Once again Derek's choreography was innovative, complicated, and beautiful. I watch a lot of dance shows and he had some moves in there that I've never seen. Kelly was wonderful. I truly hope she wins.

Leesas - I don't know if y'all like "audition episodes" or not so please don't let that color your opinion of SYTYCD. Though I have noticed they are showing mainly great auditions instead of lots of train wreck auditions like America used to revel in. Once they get to Las Vegas, the show really ups the quality of dance you'll see. As a fan of the show since season 1, I love seeing the alumni show up on DWTS (pros - Chelsie, Lacey, Dimitri, Lindsay and troupe - Witney), as featured dancers in videos and stage performances for artists like Lady Gaga, on their own dance shows (All the Right Moves), and in guest performances on shows like DWTS (Derek's partner in that amazing duo a couple of weeks ago inside that rotating room and the duo of Twitch & Allison Holker who performed when Lindsey Sterling played the violin a couple of weeks ago).

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(4449 posts)
Hi Shel! It's nice to see that you're dancing!"

Hey sexies! Oh baby.....when I stop dancing its time to send my ass to the glue factory, because I am through. Dancing for me is not a want, it is truly a need. I cannot describe the feeling of pure freedom and pleasure I feel when I close my eyes and dance. It is the one time when I get to do something purely for me. I don't have to be pretty, I don't have to be smart or in charge, I don't have to be funny or witty...I just get to be. The day rheumatoid arthritis takes my ability to dance away...I'm done.

Username hidden
(23992 posts)
POLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Louisville KY
Username hidden
(17840 posts)
Oh, Leeza! I LOVE "SYTYCD". I have a feeling you will enjoy it, too.

Mcallen TX
Username hidden
(10719 posts)
The final is on tonight and we agree with Holly that Kellie Pickler will win... it's amazing how well she dances and how she has been steadily improving. It's an advantage to have Derek as her professional partner-- his choreography has been outstanding this season.

Jacoby Jones, like the star athlete he is, picked a great time to give his best performance last week. His Argentine tango got a perfect 30 and his lindy hop was amazing, earning a score of 29. We also liked his personal story that was featured last week. His success in life has not come easy, and it's touching the close bond he has with his "Momma."

Ali Reisman has been scoring well, but other than the acrobatics that she does, we don't find her too interesting. She is often expressionless and speaks with a flat affect-- she sometimes seems like a robot.

Zendaya has been great all season, but danced poorly in her quickstep. When she was put "in jeopardy" last week, she seemed to pout like a spoiled kid. We were surprised to see that.

We've got the DVR recording the show So You Think You Can Dance. We've never seen it, but after reading comments from Holly, Seduction and others, it looks like it's worth watching.

Gibsonia PA
Username hidden
(6938 posts)
Well the next episode of Dancing with the Stars will be the finale. For the first time ever, They have 4 finalists. I'm rooting for Kellie & Derek. I think she's an amazing dancer and no one can top Derek's choreography. I loved their Argentine Tango and Flamenco last week.

I think Jacoby has personality and natural talent that shines through but he doesn't have the technique. Zendaya is a beauty and is a great dancer but she hasn't grown in to her body yet. She's all arms & legs; she reminds me of Bambi. As for Ali, I normally love the Olympians but I just haven't connected with her this season.

I'm also very excited that So You Think You Can Dance is back. If you love dance, check it out Om Fox.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(4449 posts)
I go on ABC's website and watch the episodes after they post. I LOVED both Kelly and Jacoby's Paso's!

Mcallen TX
Username hidden
(10719 posts)
Hi Shel! It's nice to see that you're dancing!

Kibbles- I saw you post that you missed the show last week... I see that all of the dances are on Youtube. I recommend that you look up and watch Kellie Pickler and Derek's Viennese waltz and then watch their paso doble (the choreography was clever-- the paso continued where the v-waltz ended). Next watch Zendaya and Val who danced a great foxtrot and then got the first perfect score with their salsa. Aly and Mark did a great Argentine tango (Mrs L's favorite dance). Our dance instructor disagreed with the judges and thought that Jacoby Jones should have scored higher in his paso doble... I noticed that he was wearing Pittsburgh Steeler's colors (he plays for the Ravens, bitter rivals of the Steelers) which I thought was pretty funny.

There was also a professional dance with amazing special effects... look up Macy's Stars of dance, Derek Hough & Jamie Goodwin. It was great!

And Kibbles, if you showed up at a ballroom dance event, I'm sure you'd have a good time. We have been taking lessons for almost three years now, and we enjoy dancing with everyone... from beginners to professionals. I always go out of my way to dance with beginners (especially when they look nervous). I try to be encouraging and I have identified steps in several dances that work well with ladies who have never danced before.

Gibsonia PA
Username hidden
(6938 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 270   End
TOPIC: Dancing with the Swingers!